MSc Statistics Distance Education: MSc Statistics Distance Education is a two-year degree program offered for studying at the PG level. The course is designed in distance mode to facilitate the students who usually quit their studies because of time management and financial issues. In this course, students will learn about various methods to collect, organize, analyze, and interpret data for various purposes. Statistical methods are usually implemented in research or in surveys.
This course imparts important computational skills to the students and makes them able for various tasks. In this course, students get specialities in linear model and regression analysis, time series analysis, environmental statistics, ancillary mathematics, and so on.
- IGNOU application form is going on for admission to MSc Physics Distance Education for the July 2023 session. The deadline for admission is 20 September 2023. (Click Here)
- Mumbai University distance MSc admission for the 2023 session is ongoing. The application form is available on the University’s official website. (Click Here)
MSc Statistics course is pursued in distance learning mode as it is most flexible in learning and is career-oriented. The eligibility criteria for this course are given as follows:
- The students who have completed their graduate degrees from a known institute in a related subject are eligible.
- A minimum score of 50% on the last exam is necessary to enter this course.
- In most cases, entrance exams are not conducted for distance MSc Statistics courses.
The course of distance MSc Statistics can be pursued from any institute, and its fee varies from INR 12600 to INR 33500 per year.
MSc Statistics Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||MSc Statistics|
|Eligibility||BSc in any discipline|
|Duration||2 to 4 years|
INR 12600 to INR 33500 per year.
|Admission Process||Online & Offline|
More Distance Courses
MSc Statistics Distance Education Admission 2023
MSc Statistics distance education is a 2 years duration program with 4 semesters. This program brings some exceptionally sophisticated topics to develop skills in students to collect, interpret and manage data. Registration for the MSc statistics in distance learning mode has begun in various universities. Several universities like IGNOU, UPRTOU, are currently accepting admission for the MSc Statistics distance education programs.
Candidates can read the proper guidelines and fill out the admission form carefully. Kakatiya University, Osmania University, and many leading universities offer distance learning degrees in MSc Statistics, so finding an institution that suits your needs is easy.
MSc Statistics Distance Education Admission Process 2023
Any interested candidate can apply for the distance MSc Statistics course in an online or offline application manner. In order to apply online, one needs to visit the website.
- The first step in this process is to open the online portal the university.
- Students will then register on the portal as new applicants.
- Candidates will sign in to their accounts to open the application form.
- The form will be filled as per the required instructions properly
- The next step will be attaching the documents in the form.
- Students must read the details once before submitting the form.
- Through the online payment means, the application fee will be paid
- Finally, the form will be submitted, and students will be confirmed via email.
MSc Statistics Distance Education in Chennai
In Chennai, there are many popular and reputed Universities and colleges in which students want to study MSc Statistics course in distance learning mode. Candidates have to be eligible for admission to the MSc course and they can the eligibility from the University website. Admission to the course is ongoing for the session. Some of the reputed Universities in Chennai are given below.
- Madras University
- Tamil Nadu Open University
- Periyar University
- Bharathiar University
MSc Statistics Distance Education in Kerala
Numerous Universities and colleges provide Distance MSc Statistics program in the state of Kerala at their center. Students are required to fulfill the eligibility of the university and admission is based on the merit score. They can check the fee structure, admission process, and all the details related to admission on the university website.
MSc Statistics Distance Education Syllabus
1st Year Syllabus Details
|1||Probability Theory||1ST YEAR|
|2||Distribution Theory||1ST YEAR|
|3||Statistical Methodology||1ST YEAR|
|4||Survey Sampling||1ST YEAR|
|5||Linear Algebra||1ST YEAR|
|6||Statistical Inference-I||1ST YEAR|
|7||PRACTICAL – I||1ST YEAR|
2nd Year Syllabus Details
|1||Statistical Inference-II||2ND YEAR|
|2||Multivariate Analysis||2ND YEAR|
|3||Generalized Linear Models||2ND YEAR|
|4||Econometrics and Time Series Analysis||2ND YEAR|
|5||Demography, Statistical Quality Control and Reliability||2ND YEAR|
|6||Advanced Statistical Computing and Data Mining||2ND YEAR|
|7||PRACTICAL – II||2ND YEAR|
Advantages of MSc Statistics Distance Education
- This course provides convenience in studies with a suitable place and time choices.
- Students can revise their lessons multiple times and can have better control over their results.
- It allows the students to have group studies and interact with seniors.
- There are benefits of stimulating student activities.
Educational Scope After Distance MSc Statistics
MSc Statistics Distance degree provides career evolution to students where they can keep continue their higher studies. This course is beneficial in terms of employment chances.
Multiple courses that are connected to the field of statistics after an MSc can be pursued by the candidates.
The courses available to pursue after this course are given as follows:
- Ph.D. in Statistics
- M.Phil in Statistics
Recruitment Area for Distance MSc Statistics Programme
The degree holders of distance MSc Statistics courses can find job opportunities in research centers, educational institutions, manufacturing units, and others. The high-profile jobs offered in such sectors include:
- Cost Estimator
- Service Estimator
- Investment Analyst
Top 10 Colleges For MSc Distance Education
- NMIMS Distance Learning
- Guwahati University
- Amity University
- Nalanda Open University
- Jaipur national university
- Chandigarh Online University
- Sikkim Manipal University
- University of Mumbai
More Distance MSc Courses
- MSc Clinical Psychology
- MSc Distance Education
- MSc Medical Biochemistry
- MSc Yoga
- MSc MLT
- MSc Nursing
- MSc Chemistry
- MSc Physics
- MSc Geography
- MSc Geology
Be the first to leave a review.