Mumbai University Distance Education Admission 2023: 22 September 2023 is the last date for admission to MU IDOL for the academic year 2023-24. MU IDOL invited online application forms for admission to UG/PG courses BA, BSc, BCom, MA, MCom, MSc, MMS, and MCA. Students have to submit their application form through the Online portal at @www.mu.ac.in. Students must check all the eligibility criteria, admission process, and fee structure on the University website. Admission to the MCA & MMS program is based on an entrance test.
Mumbai University Distance Education Latest Updates
- Mumbai University distance education admission 2023-24 last date is 22 September 2023. Source
- PGDMA distance education admission has been extended by MU DDE until 22 September 2023. Source
- IDOL Mumbai University second and third year admission deadline has been extended to 22 September 2023. Source
The University of Mumbai, Directorate of Distance Education, was established in 1971. It is located in Mumbai, India. MU IDOL admission is held twice a year, and examinations are conducted every six months in January and July.
Mumbai University IDOL Education offers many distance education programs to candidates at the UG & PG level of education in fields like arts, science & commerce. Courses offered are BA, BCom, BSc (Computer Science), Master of Arts, MSc & Master of Computer Applications.
IDOL Mumbai University admits students into all courses and the MCA program based on their academic background or test scores. In order to apply for IDOL Mumbai University’s MCA program, students must take an entrance exam. The score will decide whether the student will be admitted or not into the MCA program.
Mumbai University Distance Education Admission Highlights
|University Name||University of Mumbai|
|Accreditation||Accredited ‘A’ grade level by NAAC|
|Approved by||NAAC, UGC, DEB|
|Area||77,000 square feet|
|Admission||Merit-based and Entrance Exam|
|Programs Offered||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, PhD, and PG Diploma|
|Mode of Learning||Distance Education|
|Fee Submission||Bank Challan/Demand Draft/Online|
|Address||Vidya Nagari, Kalina, Santacruz East Mumbai – 400098|
|Official DDE Website||mu.ac.in/distance open learning|
|Email Id||info@ idol.mu.ac.in|
Mumbai University Distance Education Admission 2023-24
IDOL Mumbai University admission form 2023 for MA, MCom, BA, and BCom courses. The application form now is available on the official website @mu.ac.in/distance-open-learning. Candidates looking for admission to the correspondence course at Mumbai University must apply before the admission deadline.
At the UG level, MU IDOL Distance Education offers BSc (Comp Science), BCom, and BA. A few of the PG courses offered by Mumbai University IDOL are the MA, MSc Mathematics, MSc IT, and MSc Comp Science. Mumbai University offers two one-year programs: PGDORM and PGDFM. At MU IDOL, application fees for various programs range from INR 300/- to INR 600/-.
In comparison to regular university courses, distance learning courses at Mumbai University are less expensive. There is no entrance exam required for distance education courses at the undergraduate or graduate levels. On the university’s official website, students can find more information.
Mumbai University Distance Education UG Admission
MU IDOL offers undergraduate programs like BA, BCom, BBA, and BCA. Three-year undergraduate programs are available for these courses. Students who are interested in correspondence graduation at Mumbai University must have HSC pass certificates from a recognized institution with 40% to 50% marks.
MU IDOL has begun the UG Admission procedure for the July term. The official website accepts online applications. An application fee ranging from INR 320/- to INR 400/- is required of all IDOL students. Information about the UG courses is available on the university’s official website for applicants.
|BA (Bachelor of Arts)||Duration||3 Years|
|Eligibility||10+2 from Maharashtra State Board or equivalent from other states, with English as a compulsory subject|
|Fee||Rs 3230 (per year)|
|BCom (Bachelor of Commerce)||Duration||3 Years|
|Eligibility||must have an examination conducted by the different Divisional Boards of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education|
|Fee||Rs 3230 (per year)|
|BSc (IT)||Duration||3 Years|
|Eligibility||10+2 with Mathematics & Statistics with a minimum of 45% marks (Minimum 40% for reserved category)and equivalent|
|Fee||Rs 16310 (per year)|
Mumbai University IDOL PG Admission
IDOL Mumbai University offers postgraduate programs like MA, MSc Mathematics, MSc IT, and MSc Computer Science. Admission has started for Mumbai University IDOL PG courses for the session 2023-24. The minimal requirement for admission to PG programs is an undergraduate degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 55%.
The postgraduate programs provided by MU IDOL are two-y ear programs, with the exception of the MCA and PG Diploma programs, which are three years and one year, respectively, in length.
- MA: Students looking for distance admission to Mumbai University’s MA program must have scored at least 55% in their graduation from a recognized university in India. This Master’s program duration is two years.
- MSc Mathematics: Candidates who are interested in taking admission to Mumbai University IDOL, can register for the academic session 2023-24. Candidates must be eligible to enroll in this program, students must have completed their BSc with a minimum of 55% from a recognized University.
- MSc IT: IDOL Mumbai University offers an MSc IT program at the PG level, Candidates must graduate in the following subjects: Math/ Physics/ B. Sc., Computer Science, and Statistics with a minimum of 45% marks to be eligible for admission.
MCA Distance Education Mumbai University
The students who are interested in applying for admission to Mumbai University’s IDOL for a Distance MCA program must have passed their graduation in any stream with at least 45% marks from a recognized Indian university. There is a tuition fee of INR 51,000 (per year) for the distance learning MCA program offered by Mumbai University. There is a three-year master’s program that is currently accepting applications for admission. The deadline for applications for admissions is on the last day of the admissions period.
|MA (Master of Arts)||Duration||2 Years|
|Eligibility||Any Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a Recognized University|
|Fee||Rs 5730 (per year)|
|MCom (Master of Commerce)||Duration||2 Years|
|Eligibility||B.Com, BMS, BBI, BAF Degree & (BMM only for Management specialization)|
|Fee||Rs 5100 (per year)|
|MCA (Master of Computer Application)||Duration||3 Years|
|Eligibility||Graduate in any faculty with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for reserved category) and Mathematics at XII or higher level. Admission through Entrance Test.|
|Fee||Rs 15230 (per year)|
|MSc (Master of Science) (IT)||Duration||2 Years|
|Eligibility||B.Sc. with IT./ Comp. Sc./ Maths/ Physics/ Statistics/ Electronics or B.E. with minimum 45% marks for general and 40% for SC/ST category|
|Fee||Rs 11575 (per year)|
All UG and PG courses provide first, second, and third-year admission. For the time being, Mumbai University IDOL is accepting applications for the following degree programs only.
- PGDFM & PGDORM Part – II (Old Pattern)
- PGDFM & PGDORM (One Year Program)
- MA/ M.Sc. (Mathematics) Parts – I & II
- M.Sc. (IT & Comp. Sci.) Parts – I & II
- M.Com. Parts – I & II (Accounts / Management)
- MA Parts – I & II : (History, Sociology, Economics, Politics, Marathi, Hindi, English, Education)
- BA, B.Com, B.Sc. (Comp. Science): FY, SY & TY
Mumbai University Distance Education Admission Process 2023
The campus office at Mumbai University has an application form that is accessible online and offline. On the university’s official website, candidates can obtain the application form for admission to the Mumbai University distance education program.
Please visit the university’s official website of Mumbai University IDOL if you are interested. Complete all required fields accurately, including those for educational background, subjects, documents, questionnaires, bank challan information, or information for online payment modes. Applying online is possible by following the instructions.
Mumbai University IDOL Online Process
- Go to the official website of Mumbai University Distance Education using this link.
- Select the “Click Here For New Registration” button on the website for new registration.
- Already registered candidates have to write a username and password in the “Registered Log-In” section.
- Fill in the correct information on the application form, and then for final registration, submit the application form by clicking the “Submit” button.
- The registered candidates will receive their Usernames via E-mail.
- The applicant has to use the username received via e-mail to re-login.
- A detailed Application form will open. Accurately enter all information.
- The candidate also has to upload the documents mentioned below:
- Candidate’s most recent photograph.
- Candidate’s scanned signature.
- Candidates are required to pay the registration fee either by Credit or Debit card or through Net Banking.
- Candidates will receive a successful payment notification via SMS and Email.
- Before final submission, preview your application form by clicking on the “NEXT” button.
- Then Save and take a Print-out of the Application Form for future reference.
Mumbai University IDOL Admission Documents Required
- 5 Passport Size Photographs
- 10th and 12th Marksheet for UG admission
- UG Degree for PG Admission
- Caste Certificate
- Adhar Card
- Residential Certificate
- Income Certificate
Mumbai University Distance Education Important Points to Remember
- The examinations are generally conducted twice a year, i.e. from March to April and October to November i.e. from the First Half of the Calendar Year to the Second Half of the Calendar Year at Mumbai University IDOL.
- It is important to note that as a New student, you can appear for the Mumbai University IDOL examination only after completing the first academic term.
- Your answers must be written in English and no other language will be accepted. It is important to note that the question paper will only be available in English.
Mumbai University IDOL Login
On the official website of Mumbai University IDOL, A separate student section is available. Students can check all details of admission, brochures, examinations, results, scholarships, and convocation here. The link to the website is https://old.mu.ac.in/student-section/. Old students also have the opportunity to log in with their correct user ID and Password.
Candidates will follow the steps given below to Log in at the Mumbai University IDOL web portal:-
- Visit the Mumbai University official web portal at (https://mu.ac.in/distance-open-learning)
- Click on the “Login” option from the home page.
- Select the “Student Login” option.
- Enter your Login Credentials.
- Click on the “Sign in” button.
- The website redirects you to the Student Portal.
old.mu.ac.in IDOL is the old website for distance education at Mumbai University. Students can visit the website for all information regarding courses at UG, PG, Diploma, and Certificate levels. One can also check the syllabus and results for their programs.
MU Distance Education Courses Offered & Fee Structure
|Course||Duration||Fees for General Category||Fees for Reserve Categories|
|F. Y. B.A||1 year||Rs. 3230/-||Rs. 330/-|
|S. Y.B. A||1 year||Rs. 3010/-||Rs. 330/-|
|T. Y. B. A||1 year||Rs. 3160/-||Rs. 580/-|
|F.Y.B.Com||1 year||Rs. 3230/-||Rs. 330/-|
|T. Y. B.Com||1 year||Rs. 3160/-||Rs. 580/-|
|F.Y.B.Sc. (IT)||1 year (Two Semesters)||Rs. 16,210/-||Rs. 330/-|
|S.Y.B.Sc(IT)*||1 year (Two Semesters)||Rs.16, 490/-||Rs. 330/-|
|T.Y.B.Sc. (IT)||1 year (Two Semesters)||Rs.17, 820/-||Rs. 580/-|
|F.Y.B.Sc. (Computer Science)||1 year||Rs.12,215/-||Rs. 330/-|
|S.Y.B.Sc. (Computer Science)||1year||Rs.14,195/-||Rs. 330/-|
|T.Y.B.Sc. (Computer Science)||1 year||Rs.16,360/-||Rs. 580/-|
|M.A. Part I||1 year||Rs.5,075/-||Rs. 330/-|
|M.A. Part II||1 year||Rs. 4, 300/-||Rs. 580/-|
|M.A. Part-I(Education)||1 year||Rs. 7, 050/-||Rs. 7, 050/-|
|M.A. Part- II (Education)||1 year||Rs. 5, 950/-||Rs. 5, 950/-|
|M.Com Part-I||1year||Rs.5,075/-||Rs. 330/-|
|M.Com Part-II||1 year||Rs. 4, 300/-||Rs. 580/-|
|MA/M.Sc. Part-I (Mathematics)||1 year||Rs. 4, 975/-||Rs. 330/-|
|MA/M.Sc. Part II (Mathematics)||1 year||Rs. 4, 300/-||Rs. 580/-|
|M.Sc. (IT) Part I||1 year||Rs. 11,575/-||Rs. 330/-|
|M.Sc. (IT) Part II||1 year||Rs. 10,800/-||Rs. 580/-|
|M.Sc. Part I (Computer Science)||1 year||Rs. 11,575/-||Rs. 330/-|
|M.Sc. Part II (Computer Science)||1 year||Rs. 10,800/-||Rs. 580/-|
|M.C.A. (First Year)||1 year (Two Semesters) Sem II||Rs. 15,345/-||Rs. 330/-|
|M.C.A. (Second Year)||1year (Two Semesters)Sem III||Rs. 14,845/-||Rs. 330/-|
|M.C.A. (Third Year)||1 year (Two Semesters) Sem – V||Rs.14, 095/-||Rs. 580/-|
|PGDFM (Semester I & II)||1 year||Rs. 12,000/-||Rs. 12,000/-|
|PGDORM (Semester I & II)||1 year||Rs. 12,000/-||Rs. 12,000/-|
|PGDORM Part – II (Old Two-Year Programme)||1 Year||Rs. 3, 660/-||Rs. 3, 660/-|
Mumbai University IDOL Admission Facilities
Candidates who like to complete their studies away from campus have access to a variety of support services provided by Mumbai University. Having a comprehensive checklist of the university’s facilities is beneficial to the institution’s overall infrastructure. The following is a list of MU’s distance education facilities in their entirety:
|Library and Reading Facility||Duplicate Marks Sheet – Duplicate Marks Sheet (Rs. 100/-)|
|Audio Video Center||Change in Name and Address|
|Bonafide Certificate and Transcript Certificate||Transcript Form|
Mumbai University IDOL Admission Faculty
|Name of Faculty||Designation|
|Dr. D. Harichandan||Director|
|Mr. Anil R. Bankar||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Santosh D. Rathod||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Madhura Kulkarni||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Rajashri P. Pandit||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Mandar Bhanushe.||Assistant Professor|
|Dr Sanjay Ratnaparakhi||Assistant Professor|
Mumbai University Distance Education Contact Details
- Address: Raj Bhavan, Malabar Hill, Mumbai 400035
- Contact No.: 022 26543000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source: Official Website
Some Other Distance Education University/College
Note: Dates are Tentative and are subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more information regarding admission.
Be the first to leave a review.