MSW Distance Education 2023: A 2-year postgraduate study in the humanities is the distance MSW (Master of Social Work) program. Graduates of the distance MSW program in India are employed by several institutions involved in social work and other facets of societal improvement. It is a professional degree with specialization, compared to a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW).
Students have a great deal to improve practical knowledge by pursuing MSW distance education. A distance learning program option gives students the freedom to study whenever and wherever they want. Distance learning is the best option for working adults who want to get experience while pursuing their higher education.
MSW distance course offers students the to enhance their skills and growth in social work which shows specialization in Human Resource Management, Family & Child Welfare, Personnel Management, Criminology & Correction Administration, Urban and Rural Community Development, etc.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University has started admission to the MSW course for the July 2023 session. The last date to apply online for the MSW course was 20 October 2023. Apply Now
- Annamalai University admission is going on for the Distance MSW program for the session 2023-24. Students can apply before 20 October 2023. Source
- KKHSOU is accepting the admission for MSW Distance program for the session 2023-24. the last date to apply was 20 October 2023. Source
- Amity University has started the distance admission for the MSW 2023 academic session. Apply Now
- Lovely Professional University DE admission process is going on for the MSW distance education for the session 2023-24. The last date to apply was 20 October 2023. Apply Now
MSW Distance Education Admission Highlights
Master’s in Social Work
|Course Duration||2 to 4 years|
|MSW Distance Fee||
INR 10,000 to INR 40,000
|Course Level||Masters Level|
Bachelor’s in any discipline
|Marks Required||40% marks|
Social Worker, Civil Servant, Lecturer, Content Writer, etc.
INR 3.5 LPA – INR 5 LPA
Why Study MSW Distance Education?
There are several important points that aspire to earn MSW Distance Education.
- As a social worker, you have a variety of job opportunities and jobs to choose from. A student can work in a school, in a hospital, in a health clinic, in a nonprofit organization, in a church, or even for an insurance company or law firm.
- Government and state institutions, as well as private organizations, employ social work graduates.
- MSW is an excellent opportunity for growth, particularly if you pursue continuing education and earn an MSW degree.
MSW Distance Education Admission 2023
Master of Social Work Admission is open at numerous universities for the academic session 2023-24. The Universities that are offering the program are IGNOU, Annamalai University, KKHSOU, Mumbai University, and others to students. The deadline for submission of application form at most universities is 20 October 2023. This program is a postgraduate degree program which is a duration of 2 years. The Universities are offering admission in online or offline mode. Students can apply through the official website of the selected university.
The average MSW distance education fee varies between INR 10,000 to INR 40,000 per annum depending on the various colleges or universities and their norms and conditions.
Eligibility for MSW Distance Education
Students can only get into the MSW Distance Education program if they meet eligibility requirements.
- Those who want to apply should have a Bachelor of Social Work degree from a well-known university.
- Bachelor’s degrees in any field of Humanities / Social Science / Science / Commerce / Management are also acceptable.
- Those with backgrounds in Social Work / Psychology / Social Science / Sociology are given preference.
- A minimum of 50% must be scored in the bachelor’s degree. The percentage may be different from one university to the next. (SC/ST candidates must score 40% marks)
- Students of any age can enroll in this course.
MSW Distance Education Application Form 2023
The application form is available on the official website of the university. Students must fill the form with correct details, and documents should be uploaded in proper format. All the essential information, like the candidate’s name, DOB, and Father’s name, must be according to the previous year’s documents.
MSW Distance Education Admission Process 2023
In order to be admitted to MSW, the distance education process starts with the registration of the students. Applicants follow these simple steps.
- Candidates must first get the application form using an online portal or an offline network.
- Visit the university’s official admissions website to apply for the program and sign up for the entrance exam.
- After that, complete the application by entering the necessary information.
- Pay the online academic application fee.
- After submitting, students will receive a confirmation page with enrollment no.
MSW Distance Education Syllabus
Master of Social Work course includes social work practices in hospitals, schools, NGOs, and other social services. The distance MSW program is divided into four semesters. It covers the Philosophy and History of social work, culture, and other related topics.
1st Year Syllabus Details
|1||HISTORY AND DEVELOPMENT OF SOCIAL WORK||1ST YEAR|
|2||INDIAN SOCIAL STRUCTURE AND SOCIAL PROBLEM||1ST YEAR|
|3||HUMAN GROWTH AND PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT||1ST YEAR|
|4||HUMAN BEHAVIOUR IN INDUSTRY||1ST YEAR|
2nd Year Syllabus Details
|1||SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY||2nd Year|
|2||SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT & SOCIETY STRUCTURE||2nd Year|
|3||PRACTICAL II||2nd Year|
|5||RURAL-URBAN COMMON DEVELOPMENT||2nd Year|
Advantages of the MSW Correspondence Course
- Individual approach of students
- Independent activity of students
- Learn while working
- Ability to work at a consistent pace
- Ability to revise subject material
Scope of MSW Course Distance Education
Educational Scope of MSW Distance Course
Graduates of MSW distance learning can also choose to pursue further degrees. These include advanced degrees in research (Ph.D.), advanced degrees in management, professional certificate programs, and postgraduate diploma programs.
Some higher education options include:
- Ph.D. (Social Work)
- MBA (Social Work Management)
- Certificate course (Social Work and Criminal Justice System)
Recruitment Area For MSW Distance Course
After completing the distance MSW curriculum, there are several employment opportunities available to you. The industry does not offer employment in non-charitable or social service settings, and this is vital to understand. The governmental sector, NGOs, rural communities, educational institutions, and many multinational corporations all offer numerous employment options.
The following are some of the top career options for graduates with a distance master in social work degree:
- District Consultant
- Programme Coordinator
- General Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Research Assistant
- Human Right Agencies
MSW Salary in India
The average salary in the Master of Social Work program ranges from INR 3.5 LPA – INR 5 LPA. The Salary depends upon the skills, knowledge, and experience of working professionals. Students can work in various job sectors in public or private sectors.
MSW Distance Education Top 10 Colleges
- Bhoj University (MP)
- Bharathidasan University
- Annamalai University
- The Global Open University
- Netaji Subhas Open University
- Annamalai University
- Andhra University
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
MSW Distance Education IGNOU
MSW distance education is now accepting online applications for the July 2023 session. the admission deadline to apply was 20 October 2023. The BSW, social work degree, or any other relevant degree must have been successfully completed by students who wish to enroll in this MSW course. The overall cost of this course, including the Rs 300 application fee for the IGNOU MSW program, is about INR 32,400. Students may also pay academic fees in yearly installments of INR 16,200.
Jain University MSW Distance Education
Students looking to apply at Jain University for the distance MSW program. Admission for the new session is going on; students must apply before the admission deadline. The application form is available on the official website. To be eligible for the MSW distance education program, students must pass graduation in a related field with at least 50% marks from a recognized University. Jain University charges INR 12,500 per year.
FAQs of MSW Distance Education
Be the first to leave a review.