MSW Distance Education: A 2-year postgraduate study in the humanities is the distance MSW (Master of Social Work) programme. Graduates of the distance MSW programme in India are employed by several institutions involved in social work and other facets of societal improvement. It is a professional degree with specialization compared to a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW).
Students have a great deal to improve practical knowledge by pursuing MSW distance education. A distance learning programme option gives students the freedom to study whenever and wherever they want. Distance learning is the best option for working adults who want to get experience while pursuing their higher education.
MSW distance course offers students to enhance their skill and growth in social work which shows specialization in Human Resource management, Family & Child Welfare, Personnel Management, Criminology & Correction Administration, Urban and Rural Community Development, etc.
- Andhra University will soon open the distance admission window 2023 for the MSW program.
- AMITY University will soon start the distance admission for MSW 2023 academic session.
- Annamalai University Distance MSW course Distance admission will start soon for the 2023 session.
Students must ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria for Distance MSW program. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any field of the humanities, business, or sciences and a final test score of at least 40% overall.
Students who clear the minimum cut-off in graduation level examination. Students are eligible for admission through a merit basis.
The average MSW distance education fees varies between INR 10,000 to INR 40,000/- per annum depending on the various colleges or universities and their norms and conditions.
MSW Distance Education Admission Highlights
Master’s in Social Work
|Course Duration||2 to 4 years|
|MSW Distance Fee||
INR 10,000 to INR 40,000/-
|Course Level||Masters Level|
Bachelor’s in any discipline
|Marks Required||40% marks|
Social Worker, Civil Servant, Lecturer, Content Writer, etc.
INR 3.5 LPA – INR 5 LPA
MSW Distance Education Admission Process
The admission process starts with the registration of the students.
- Candidates must first get the application form using an online portal or an offline network.
- Visit the university’s official admissions website to apply for the programme and sign up for the entrance exam.
- After that, complete the application by entering the necessary information.
- Pay online academic application fee.
- After submitting students will receive a confirmation page with enrollment no.
MSW Distance Education Syllabus
1st Year Syllabus Details
|1||HISTORY AND DEVELOPMENT OF SOCIAL WORK||1ST YEAR|
|2||INDIAN SOCIAL STRUCTURE AND SOCIAL PROBLEM||1ST YEAR|
|3||HUMAN GROWTH AND PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT||1ST YEAR|
|4||HUMAN BEHAVIOUR IN INDUSTRY||1ST YEAR|
2nd Year Syllabus Details
|1||RURAL URBAN COMMON DEVELOPMENT||2ND YEAR|
|2||SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY||2ND YEAR|
|3||SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT & SOCIETY STRUCTURE||2ND YEAR|
|4||PRACTICAL II||2ND YEAR|
Advantages of MSW Correspondence Course
- Individual approach of students
- Independent activity of students
- Learn while working
- Ability to work at a consistent pace
- Ability to revise subject material
Scope of MSW Course Distance Education
- Educational Scope of MSW Distance Course
Graduates of MSW distance learning can also choose to pursue further degrees. These include advanced degrees in research (PhD), advanced degrees in management, professional certificate programmes, and postgraduate diploma programmes.
Some higher education options include:
- PhD (Social Work)
- MBA (Social Work Management)
- Certificate course (Social Work and Criminal Justice System)
- Recruitment Area For MSW Distance Course
Graduates of the distance MSW programme have several job options. There are no non-charitable or social service employment in this industry. Jobs are plentiful in the public sector, NGOs, rural areas, educational institutions, and several international businesses.
The following are some of the top career options for graduates with a distance master’s in social work degree:
- District Consultant
- Programme Coordinator
- General Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Research Assistant
- Human Right Agencies
MSW Distance Education Top 10 Colleges
- Bhoj University (MP)
- Bharathidasan University
- Annamalai University
- The Global Open University
- Netaji Subhas Open University
- Annamalai University
- Andhra University
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
Be the first to leave a review.