Bharathidasan University Distance Education: Bharathidasan University distance education admission for the academic year 2023-24 has begun for the Undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) level programs. Students who desire to apply for such a program in distance mode have the opportunity to apply. The University is expected to close the admission window on 30 September 2023.
Bharathidasan University offers admission for various programs at UG & PG levels. This distance program includes BA, BSc, BCom, BBA, BCA, BLis, MA, MSc, MCom, MLIS, Diploma and certificate courses. So, those who want to enrol for the programs can do so by going to@https://oms.bdu.ac.in/cde-admissions.
Bharathidasan University Distance Education Latest Updates
- Bharathidasan University has started a fresh admission process for distance and online education mode programs for the academic session 2023-24. The deadline to apply is 30 September 2023 (tentative). Source
- To download the Bharathidasan University Distance Education prospectus click here.
The Bharathidasan University offers a variety of distance education courses in the field of Commerce, Science, Arts, Management, etc. The university offered 22 UG and 11 PG Diploma/Diploma/Certificate courses. It also offers three professional courses to the candidates.
Bharathidasan University Distance Education application fee of INR 180/- is required for every degree or diploma program at Bharatidasan University. A PG application form will only be available once INR 300/- deposit forms are received. MBA/MBA registration will require 450 INR. The application fee for BEd applicants is 650/- rupees.
- You can pick up the registration form at the college or download it from its website.
- Application fees for undergraduate courses are 200/- rupees, for graduate courses Rs 350/- and for MBA/MCA courses Rs 500/-.
- Established in 1992, Tiruchirappalli Bharathidasan University CDE is a research university.
- The NIRF-2019 list, lists Bharathidasan University BUDE as 60th among UGC-recognized universities.
- Merit-based admissions are offered.
- BA, BA (Hons), and BSc degrees take three years to complete.
With the approval of the UGC, Bharathidasan University’s Centre for Distance Education has offered around 60 courses, including 7 UG courses, 21 PG courses, and the rest of the Diploma courses.
Bharathidasan University Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||Bharathidasan University|
|Location||Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu|
|Fee||BDU University Fee Structure|
|Application form||Bharathidasan University Application Form|
Bharathidasan University Distance Education Admission 2023
Bharathidasan University Distance Education admission for the various UG and PG courses is started for session 2023-24. The deadline for submitting the application for the Bharathidasan University distance courses is 30 September 2023 (tentative).
The aspirants seeking admission can get the application form on the university’s official website. Bharathidasan University offers three professional courses, 22 PG courses, and 22 UG courses. It also teaches about 11 certificate, Diploma, and PG Diploma courses.
As part of the same degree program, different streams are offered to students and there is also a merit-based entry process. On the website, students can download the application form online mode and on campus, they can get it offline. A few notable alumni of Bharathidasan University include Bharat Ratna Dr. Abdul Kalam, Former President of India, and Karunanidhi, Former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
- At the level of UG, one can apply for admission in courses such as BLIS, BCA, B.Litt, B.Com, BSc, and BA. Whereas students willing for PG admission can make their applications for MA, MSc, MCA, MLIS, MHRM, M.Com, MBA, and MCA.
- A minimum range of required aggregate score is 45% to 50% on an average basis and this must have been obtained by students in intermediate.
- It is required to qualify for graduation within a similar study subject with 55% so you can become eligible.
- The application fee is INR 180/- for UG programs, INR 300/- for PG programs, and INR 450/- for MBA and MCA.
Bharathidasan University Distance Education UG Admission 2023
There are lots of undergraduate programs available at Bharathidasan University Distance Education. Students can apply for BA, B.Lib.I.Sc, BSc, BCom, and BLIS are top professional courses with many specializations here. Those students who wish to apply to BCA must have to pass their 12th through the recognized board. Apart from that UG course eligibility differs on the basis of the educational stream.
- BA: Bachelor of Arts also known as BA in short. It is a 3 years UG degree. A student with a 12th-class passing certificate from any recognized board is eligible to apply.
- B.Lib.I.Sc: Bachelor of Library and Information Science is a 1-year program. It is being offered by the university in English medium only. A student is required to pass any UG degree to be eligible for admission. And the level of the course is also UG.
Bharathidasan University Distance Education UG Courses & Eligibility
Here students can check the list of courses offered by Bharathidasan University Distance Education, with medium, duration, and eligibility.
Name of the Programme
|BA Economics||3 years||Successfully passed the Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Examination or a similar examination recognized by the government,(grades 10+2).|
|BA English||3 years|
|BA History||3 years|
|BA Tamil||3 years|
The passing marks in the Higher Secondary Examination, conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu, or an examination that is equivalent to (10 + 2) are required.
Students with a 10th-grade education and a 3-year diploma in Modern Office Practice can get direct admission into the 2nd
|BCA||3 years||A passing grade in the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2).|
|B.L.I.S.||1 year||A pass in any UG Degree|
|BSc Mathematics||3 years||A passing grade in the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2).|
|BSc Hospital Administration||3 years||A passing grade in the Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Examinations or an equivalent examination (10 + 2) is required.|
|B.Com. Computer Applications||3 years|
Bharathidasan University Distance Education PG Courses & Eligibility
Name of the Programme
|MA Economics||2 years||BA in Economics / B.Com. / B.BA /
BA Corporate Secretaryship / Bank Management / Co-Operation /
BSc Mathematics / BSc Statistics
|2 years||BA Bank Mgmt./B.Com.(Applied)/ BA Co-operation/B.BA or any other Degree wherein either Commerce or Accountancy as a subject of study.|
|2 years||B.Com./B.Com.(Comp. App.)/B.Com. (Applied)/ B.Com. Co-operation/BBA/ BA Bank Mgmt./Corporate Secretaryship/Co-operation|
|MA English||2 years||Any UG Degree|
|MA History||2 years|
|MA Journalism &
|MA Tamil||2 years|
|M.Sc Mathematics||2 years||BSc Mathematics|
|M.Sc Botany||2 years||BSc Botany / Plant Science / Plant Biology / Biotechnology|
|M.Sc Computer Science||2 years||BCA./ BSc Computer BSc I.T./
|M.Sc Information Technology||2 years|
|M.Com||2 years||B.Com/BA Corporate Secretaryship /
Bank Management / Co-operation/ B.BA
|2 years||BA Co-operation / Co-operate Secretaryship/ Bank Mgmt./B.BA B.Com or any other Degree wherein either Commerce or
Accountancy as a subject of study.
|M.Sc Chemistry||2 years||BSc Chemistry|
|MSc Physics||2 years||BSc Physics|
|M.Sc Zoology||2 years||BSc Zoology|
|M.H.R.M.||2 years||Any UG Degree|
Bharathidasan University Distance Education Courses Requirement
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)||It is a 3 years program where students are selected via their intermediate passing percentage which should be at least 55% on average. The average fee is INR 10000/-.|
|Bachelor of Library Science & Information (B.Lib.I.Sc)||In order to pursue this course one must obtain a minimum of 50% score in the previous 12th-degree qualification. INR 6725/- is the fee.|
|Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)||Applicants should meet the admission criteria without an entrance exam that includes having a 50% score in 10+2. This course is offered for a fee of INR 8600/-.|
|Bachelors of Commerce (B.Com)||3 years minimum period and is provided to 10+2 qualified candidates from a known institute. There is a tuition cost of INR 7400/-.|
|Masters of Human Resource Management (MHRM)||UG degree in business, management, and commerce is required to take admission in this course. The tuition fee of MHRM is INR 17800/-.|
|Masters of Library Science & Information (M.Lib.I.Sc)||PG course will require you to obtain a 50% score in the bachelor’s to be eligible. Students will pay a fee of INR 12500/-|
|Masters of Computer Applications (MCA)||Based on merit admissions this 2-year long course has a criterion of BCA with 50-55% marks. INR 15500/- is a fee.|
Bharathidasan University Distance Education Admission Process
Application forms for the Bharathidasan University Distance Education can only be submitted online. Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below for the process of filing and submitting the online application form.
- You can also navigate to the online application pages by visiting the official Bharathidasan University website – https://www.bdu.ac.in/cde/admission.php
- Complete an application form with all the necessary and correct information.
- Payment of the application fee is required before the application is submitted. A candidate must deliver his/her application fee in person for each class he/she is applying for.
- Once Submit the application form and the candidates’ printouts to the Center for Distance Education of this university after completing the application form
Bharathidasan University Distance Education Required Documents
- 10th class mark sheet and certificate.
- Recent passport-size colored photograph
- Caste certificate (If applicable)
- Character certificate.
- Migration certificate (If applicable)
- Gap certificate (If applicable)
- Domicile certificate
Bharathidasan University Distance Education MBA Courses
|Duration||2 Years – IV Semesters|
|Eligibility||Any UG Degree of this University or an equivalent examination accepted by the Syndicate thereto (10 + 2 + 3) with a minimum of 50% marks in Part III or its equivalent.|
Bharathidasan University Distance Education MCA Courses
|Duration||Three Years – Six Semesters – (two years for Lateral Entry)|
|Eligibility||A candidate who is a graduate in Mathematics or Physics or Chemistry or Statistics or Computer Science or Information Technology or Industrial Electronics or Applied Science (with Mathematics as an allied subject) or B.Com or B.BA or B.E./B.Tech (Computer Science Engineering Branch only) /AMIE of this University or from a recognized University|
|Lateral Entry||BCA, PGDCA, or BSc Computer Science or BSc Information Technology.|
Bharathidasan University Distance Education Courses & Eligibility
|Title of Programme||Duration||Eligibility|
|Certificate Course in Tamil Pandit Training||1 year||A pass in Pulavar / B.Litt. Tamil|
|Diploma in Hotel Management||2 years||10th pass|
|Diploma in Hotel Management &
|3 years||10th pass|
|BSc Yoga||3 years||A pass in Higher Secondary Examination, conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu or an Examination accepted as equivalent to (10 + 2).|
|BSc Interior Design||3 years|
|BSc Animation||3 years|
|BSc Hotel Management & Catering Science||3 years|
|BSc Airline Tourism & Hospitality Management||3 years|
|BSc Visual Media & Communication||3 years|
|BBA (Super Speciality Programme)||3 years|
|MSc Yoga||2 years||BSc Yoga|
|Diploma in Yoga||1 year||10+2 pass|
|Diploma in Visual Media Communication||1 year||10th pass|
Bharathidasan University Distance Education Affiliated Colleges
|Bharathidasan Institute of Management||Thiruverumbur, Tamil Nadu||1984||Government|
|Indian Institute of Financial Planning||New Delhi, Delhi||2007||Private|
|St Josephs Institute of Management||Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu||2002||Private|
|Bishop Heber College, Tiruchirappalli||Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu||1966||Private|
|Anbanathapuram Vahaira Charities College||–||1955||Private|
|St.Joseph’s College, Tiruchirappalli||Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu||Private|
|Jamal Mohamed College, Tiruchirappalli||Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu||1951||Government|
|Bharath Institute of Management, Thanjavur||Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu||2007||Private|
|Srinivasan College of Arts and Science||Perambalur, Tamil Nadu||2004||Private|
|School of Quality Management, Tiruchirapalli||Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu||1992||Private|
|Srimad Andavan Arts and Science College||Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu||1996||Private|
|Rajah Serfoji Government College, Thanjavur||Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu||1955||Government|
|Kurinji College of Arts and Science||Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu||1993||Private|
|Kongu College of Arts and Science, Karur||Kadaparai, Tamil Nadu||–||Private|
|HH The Rajah’s College, Pudukkottai||Vadagupatti, Tamil Nadu||1857||Government|
|Government Arts College, Karur||Karur, Tamil Nadu||1966||Government|
|Christchurch Institute of Management||Panjappur, Tamil Nadu||1998||Private|
|Adaikalamatha Institute of Management||Vallam Pudursethi, Tamil Nadu||1994||Private|
Bharathidasan University Distance Education FAQs
Q: Are documents necessary to apply in BDU DDE?
Ans: Candidates without the mandatory papers will not be allowed to take admission or be given any seat in the university.
Q: Is the admission site different from the Distance Education Admission site?
Ans: Yes, aspirants are to apply through the CDE section of admission.
Bharathidasan University Distance Education Contact Details
- Address: Centre for Distance Education, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli-620024, Tamil Nadu, India
- Contact No.: +91-431-2407054, +91-8300184010
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source: Official Website
Some Other Distance Education University
- Madras University Distance Education
- MKU Distance Education
- TNDALU Distance Education
- Alagappa University Distance Education
- Tamil University Distance Education
Note: Dates are Tentative and are subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more information regarding admission.
Be the first to leave a review.