BLIS Distance Education Admission 2023-24: Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences is what BLIS stands for. Getting a bachelor’s degree in library and information science takes one year. It gives you the information and skills you need to be a good Manager and Organizer.
In the BLIS distance education program, students will learn to find information about eBooks and manage library resources, such as Project Trainee, library, Junior Library Assistant, Professional Assistant, etc.
- Library Science, Library and Information Science, and Information Science are all well-known BLIS specializations. The main goal of the BLIS distance learning program is to teach students what they need to know to have a successful career in Library Science.
- Amity University has commenced the BLIS distance education admission for the 2023 academic session. Apply Now
- LPU University has started the BLIS distance education admission. Applicants can apply before the last date. Click Here
- IGNOU has started the admission to BLIS course for the academic year 2023 and July Cycle. Students can apply before the last date 30 June 2023. (Apply Now)
Eligibility Criteria for BLIS Distance Education
Those applicants who are keen to enroll in the BLIS distance education program must meet mentioned below eligibility requirements.
- There is no age limit anyone of any age fills out the registration form for the BLIS Distance education program.
- Applicants have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or college. In their bachelor’s exam, students must get a grade of at least 40%.
- Students in the “reserved category” get a 5% break for admission.
BLIS Distance Education Fee
- The distance BLIS fee for various colleges and universities in India varies between INR 12,000 to INR 30,000/- per annum, depending on the different Universities.
BLIS Distance Education Admission Highlights
Bachelor of Library & Information Science (BLIS)
INR 12,000 to INR 30,000/-
|Minimum Percentage||40% to 50%|
Bachelor’s degree in any stream
Librarian, Information Assistant, Archivist, etc
BLIS Distance Education Admission Process 2023
Students who want to apply for the BLIS program at a distance must take the following steps:
- Visit the official website for the BLIS program you can do from home.
- Candidates can make a new profile as a student.
- Please upload all the necessary documents and give us all the information we need to complete the form.
- Candidates must pay an application fee after sending in the application form.
- After the application form has been processed, check all of the information.
- After successful registration, a confirmation page will be sent to the candidate.
IGNOU BLIS Distance Education
IGNOU has opened its admission window for the distance BLIS program for the new academic session. The application form is available on IGNOU’s official website. The duration of the distance BLIS program is one year. To apply for admission, candidates must have completed graduation with at least 50 percent marks from a recognized university. IGNOU charges INR 8,100 for distsnce BLIS program. The last date to apply for IGNOU BLIS admission is 30 June 2023.
Subharti University BLIS Distance Education
The Bachelor of Library and information science distance admission window is open at Subharti University DDE. Candidates must fill the eligibility criteria to apply for this one-year Bachelor’s program at Subharti University. A 12th certificate with at least 50% marks from a recognized board will be required for admission to this program. SVSU DDE charges INR 14,000/ per year for the distance BLIS program.
BLIS Course Distance Education in Bihar
According to the Distance Education Bureau, there is only one university in Bihar that offers distance education courses including BLIS. Students must apply before the last date of admission. It is necessary to complete the eligibility requirement to be eligible for admission to the university. Nalanda Open University (NOU) is the university that offers distance education courses in Bihar.
BLIS Distance Education Syllabus
The course plan for BLIS is made up of topics that cover two semesters. But the “library science syllabus” may have different subjects from one Indian college to the next. Currently, the BLIS curriculum covers storing library data, newsletters, books, and e-books. Here is the course outline for the Indian librarian course.
|Library And Information Science||Colon Classification|
|Human Resource Management||Classified Catalogue Code|
|Reference & Information Service||Fundamentals Of Information Technology|
|Cataloguing And Classification||Creating Cyber Libraries|
Advantages of BLIS Correspondence
|Inexpensive and Flexible.||Spontaneous responses||No Excessive Control|
|No representative sample needed||Exploratory and Inductive Methods||More time is given to studying material|
Is BLIS Distance Education Worth it?
A Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) degree can help candidates get great job opportunities in the same field.
- Skills: This course will help you improve your technical skills, management skills, time management, knowledge of policies, standards, issues, customer service, etc.
- Time flexibility: Since there aren’t any physical classes and students don’t have to go to campus, this saves time. Students can choose when they want to study and do other things at other times.
- Fee and Costs: The average cost of a distance BLIS is between INR 12000 and INR 30000 per year, which is affordable for many people with trouble with money.
- Earn While You Learn: Working professionals can learn and make money simultaneously, and this course gives students a chance to do both to pay their bills.
Scope of Distance BLIS Programme
Educational Scope of Distance BLIS: Students can work in various fields after getting their BLIS through distance learning. If candidates don’t want to look for BLIS jobs right away, they can go on to higher education, such as:
If students pursue a master’s degree, any of the above written, their chances of getting better jobs with a nice salary are high.
Professional Scope of Distance BLIS: Scope after BLIS distance education for jobs is very lucrative, where students have the opportunity to work in various fields:
- Research Centres
- Institutional Libraries
- Collection Departments
- Customer Services
- Cataloguing Department
- Film Studio
Top 10 Universities For BLIS Distance Education
|Parul University||Jadavpur University|
|Calcutta University||Punjab University|
|Jamia Millia||KL University|
Frequently Asked Question
How can I get admission in BLIS?
Students can get admission to BLIS courses through the merit list criteria and direct admission depending on the university.
Can I do BLIS after graduation?
Yes, BLIS is the course that required a UG degree as an eligibility criterion.
What is the maximum duration of BLIS?
The duration to complete the BLIS degree is 1 year.
Is distance degree valid?
Yes, the Distance BLIS degree is valid and approved by UGC.
Be the first to leave a review.