BLIS Distance Education: Distance BLIS (Bachelor of Library Information Sciences) is a one-year bachelor’s degree that focuses on library and information science. Students will learn how to convey the knowledge and skills required for effective Management and Organization through the distance learning BLIS programme.
In BLIS distance education program, students will learn about how to access information about eBooks and manage library resources, Project Trainee, library, Junior Library Assistant, Professional Assistant, etc.
There are some popular specializations in distance BLIS course like Library Science, Library and Information Science. The main objectives of the distance BLIS learning programme is to equip students with the knowledge required for a best career in the field of Library Science.
- Distance BLIS Admission is going on at IGNOU for the 2023 session. The admission deadline is 31 Jan 2023. (Click Here)
- Kurukshetra Distance BLIS admission will start soon for the 2023 session.
- AMU will soon open the Distance Admission window for BLIS 2023 program.
Students must meet certain eligibility criteria in order to be enrolled in the distance BLIS learning programme. BLIS distance education courses does not have an age restriction for enrollment.
- Any authorized institution or university’s suitable bachelor’s degree is required of all students.
- Students must receive a minimum grade on their bachelor’s examination of 40%.
- 5% relaxation is offered to students of the reserved category for admission.
The distance BLIS fee for various colleges and universities in India varies between INR 12,000 to INR 30,000/- per annum depending on the different Universities.
BLIS Distance Education Admission Highlights
Bachelor of Library & Information Science (BLIS)
INR 12,000 to INR 30,000/-
|Duration||1 to 2 years|
Bachelor’s degree in any stream
Librarian, Information Assistant, Archivist, etc
BLIS Distance Education Admission Process
Students who want to apply for admission to the distance BLIS programme, student must follow these steps:
- Visit the official website offering admission to the distance BLIS programme.
- Candidates may register as a new student profile.
- Upload all the necessary documents and provide all necessary details to fill.
- After submitting the application form candidates must pay an application fee.
- Confirm all details after processing of the application form .
- Candidates will receive a confirmation page after successful registration.
BLIS Distance Education Syllabus
|1||LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE||1ST YEAR|
|2||HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT||1ST YEAR|
|3||REFERENCE & INFORMATION SERVICE||1ST YEAR|
|4||CATALOGUING AND CLASSIFICATION||1ST YEAR|
|5||COLON CLASSIFICATION||1ST YEAR|
|6||CLASSIFIED CATALOGUE CODE||1ST YEAR|
|7||FUNDAMENTALS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY||1ST YEAR|
|8||CREATING CYBER LIBRARIES||1ST YEAR|
Advantages of BLIS Correspondence
- Inexpensive and Flexible.
- No representative sample needed
- Spontaneous responses
- Exploratory and Inductive Methods
- No Excessive Control
- More time is given to study material
Scope of Distance BLIS Programme
- Educational Scope of Distance BLIS
Students have various career opportunities to them after completing their BLIS through distance learning mode. If the candidates do not wish to seek BLIS job opportunities immediately then students can pursue higher studies like:
If students pursue the masters degree, any of the above written, then their chances of getting better jobs with a nice salary structure are high.
- Job Scope of Distance BLIS
Scope after BLIS distance education for jobs is very lucrative where students have the opportunity to work in various fields:
- Research Centres
- Institutional Libraries
- Collection Departments
- Customer Services
- Cataloguing Department
- Film Studio
Top 10 Universities For BLIS Distance Education
- Parul University
- Calcutta University
- Jamia Millia
- Jadavpur University
- Delhi University
- Punjab University
- KL University
Be the first to leave a review.