BSc Distance Education: A 3-year undergraduate degree, the distance BSc (Bachelor of Science) is a science stream course offered in India. One of the most well-liked courses taken after passing the 10+2 grade, it covers a range of research-oriented topics for students in the science stream and emphasizes scientific concepts in real-world situations.
Distance BSc is custom-made for graduate students with strong mathematics and basic science fundamentals. BSc distance education provides a broad understanding of a number of scientific aspects at the undergraduate level (both Theory and Practical).
- Bachelor of Science Distance Admission is going on at IGNOU. The admission deadline is 30 June 2023. (Click Here)
- Lovely University Distance BSc Admission has started for the 2023 session.
The advantage of the distance learning BSc program is that it provides students with a wide variety of options, which include core science fields, such as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, as well as elective courses. There are two types of distance learning courses offered under the BSc degree programme:
- BSc General
- BSc Honors (Physics, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, etc.)
Distance BSc learning program shows specialization in several pure science and research technology applications. To lead the research efforts and provide a solid foundation, different disciplines of study necessitate qualified personnel.
Some of the BSc Specializations are listed below:
- Computer science
- Information Technology
The eligibility conditions for BSc distance education are:
- Students have passed 10+2 grade in science stream from a recognized board.
- Students at least 40% marks or equivalent grade in intermediate.
- Students applying to selective universities must pass university-level entrance exams.
- Students can apply for direct admission through offline and online mode.
The distance BSc learning programme fees vary between INR 12,000 to INR 50,000/- per annum depending on the different universities providing the distance BSc learning programme.
BSc Distance Education Admission Highlights
Bachelor of Science (BSc)
|Course Level||UG degree|
INR 12,000 to INR 50,000/-
3 years to 6 years
12th pass from science stream
|BSc Distance Courses||
BSc in Physics, Electronics, Psychology, Maths, IT, etc.
Medical Assistant, Lab Assistant, Chemist, Content Writer, Civil Servant, etc.
BSc Distance Education Admission
The admission process has started at many universities in India for the academic session 2023-24. Bachelor of Science is available in distance mode at several universities. For distance mode, no entrance exam score is required for admission. Students just need to be 12th passed from any recognized board of education to be eligible for admission. Some of the popular universities for admission to BSc courses are IGNOU, TNOU, OSOU, Amity University, LPU, etc.
BSc Distance Education Application Form
The application form will be available on the official website of the university. Students who want to enroll in BSc Distance education course can apply online/offline according to the university guidelines. All details must be filled in correctly and according to the educational certificates. If the detail filled in the application form is incorrect, the form will be rejected.
BSc Distance Education Admission Process
In order to take admission into the correspondence BSc programme, applicants are required to follow these steps:
- Students must go to the official website of the University.
- Reputable institutions and universities only accept applicants based on merit.
- Students can apply online for admission
- Log in as a new candidate.
- Fill all the required fields
- Upload your required documents
- Students will receive a confirmation page with their enrollment number
Benefits of BSc Distance Learning
- Independent activity of students
- Ability to work at a consistent pace
- Individual approach of students
- Ability to revise subject material
- Learn while working
BSc Distance Education Syllabus
Below is Given the Semester wise Syllabus Details of Distance BSc Program.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Foundation course in Mathematics||
Fundamental of Open Source Software-LINUX
|Basics of Computer Science||
|Introduction to Digital Electronics||
Front Office Management
Value and Ethics
|Analytical Skill Development-I||
Analytical Skill Development-II
|Object-Oriented Programming using C++||
Database Management Systems
System Analysis and design
|Introduction to Data Structures||
|Introduction to Software Engineering||
|Operating Systems concepts||
Introduction to Computer Network
Introduction to Web Technology
BSc Distance Education Scope
- BSc Correspondence Course Educational Scope
The knowledge and skills acquired by distance BSc students are essential for working in the field. As a distance education graduate, you have a variety of options and study areas to choose from when it comes to postgraduate studies.
The most promising career path after graduation:
- Master of Science(MSC)
- Master of Business Administration(MBA)
- Master of Computer Application(MCA)
- Masters in Management(MIM)
- Master in Data Science
- Short term-courses (PGDM)
So, there are a lot of academic options available to students who have done a Bachelor of Science through distance learning mode.
- BSc Correspondence Course Job Scope
There is a considerable need for BSc jobs across various industries, including networking, education services, research, and more. Graduates of distance BSc programs are qualified for jobs in the private and public sectors due to the variety of specialization streams available.
Some of the Employment Areas to look out for are listed below:
|Aquariums||Forensic Crime Research|
|Educational Institutes||Geological Survey Departments|
|Health Care Providers||Oil Industry|
|Plant Biochemist||Scientist Assistant|
|Space Research Institutes||Testing Laboratories|
|Technical Writer/Editor||Wastewater Plants|
Top 10 Universities For Distance BSc Course
- University of Mumbai distance
- Kuvempu University Distance
- Dr. B.R Ambedkar open university Distance
- Nalanda Open University
- Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University
- Punjab Technical University
- Annamalai University
- Madras Distance
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question: Can I earn a BSc degree through distance education?
Answer: Degrees earned through distance education are 100% recognized. Nevertheless, your distance degree course needs to be approved by the UGC-DEB before it can be considered legitimate.
Question: Can I do BSc from Distance at Delhi University?
Answer: Yes, students can pursue BSc in distance mode from the School of Distance Learning Delhi University. The university is offering the course in distance mode and it is approved by UGC and DEB. The course has several specializations.
Question: Can I do BSc CS from distance?
Answer: Yes, students who want to enrol in BSc Computer Science programme can apply at a university that offers distance education courses. Students must complete the eligibility requirement decided by the university.
Be the first to leave a review.