BSc Distance Education: A 3-year undergraduate degree, the distance BSc (Bachelor of Science) is a science stream course offered in India. One of the most well-liked courses taken after passing the 10+2 grade, it covers a range of research-oriented topics for students in the science stream and emphasizes on scientific concepts in real-world situations.
Distance BSc is custom-made for graduate students who have strong fundamentals in mathematics and basic science. BSc distance education provides a broad understanding of a number of scientific aspects at the undergraduate level (both Theory and Practical).
- Bachelor of Science Distance Admission is going on at IGNOU. The admission deadline is 31 Jan 2023. (Click Here)
- BSc Distance Education admission will begin soon at Delhi University.
- Lovely University Distance BSc Admission will start soon for 2023 session soon.
The advantage of the distance BSc learning programme is that it gives students a variety of options, including core science areas like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. BSc distance course is provided in two categories:
- BSc General
- BSc Honors (Physics, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, etc.)
Distance BSc learning programme shows specialization in several pure science and research technology applications. To lead the research efforts and provide a solid foundation, different disciplines of study necessitate qualified personnel.
Some of the BSc Specializations are Listed below:
- Computer science
- Information Technology
The eligibility conditions for BSc distance education are:
- Students have passed 10+2 grade in science stream from a recognized board.
- Students at least 40% marks or equivalent grade in intermediate.
- Students applying to selective universities must pass university-level entrance exams.
- Students can apply for direct admission through offline and online mode.
The distance BSc learning programme fees varies between INR 12,000 to INR 50,000/- per annum depending on the different universities providing the distance BSc learning programme.
BSc Distance Education Admission Highlights
Bachelor of Science (BSc)
|Course Level||UG degree|
INR 12,000 to INR 50,000/-
3 years to 6 years
12th pass from science stream
|BSc Distance Courses||
BSc in Physics, Electronics, Psychology, Maths, IT, etc.
Medical Assistant, Lab Assistant, Chemist, Content Writer, Civil Servant, etc.
BSc Distance Education Admission Process
In order to take admission into the correspondence BSc programme, applicants are required to follow these steps:
- Students must go to the official website of the University.
- Reputable institutions and universities only accept applicants based on merit.
- Students can apply online for admission
- Log in as a new candidate.
- Fill all the required fields
- Upload your required documents
- Students will receive a confirmation page with their enrollment number
Benefits of BSc Distance Learning
- Independent activity of students
- Ability to work at a consistent pace
- Individual approach of students
- Ability to revise subject material
- Learn while working
BSc Distance Education Syllabus
Below is Given the Semester wise Syllabus Details of Distance BSc Program.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Foundation course in Mathematics||
Fundamental of Open Source Software-LINUX
|Basics of Computer Science||
|Introduction to Digital Electronics||
Front Office Management
Value and Ethics
|Analytical Skill Development-I||
Analytical Skill Development-II
|Object-Oriented Programming using C++||
Database Management Systems
System Analysis and design
|Introduction to Data Structures||
|Introduction to Software Engineering||
|Operating Systems concepts||
Introduction to Computer Network
Introduction to Web Technology
BSc Distance Education Scope
- BSc Correspondence Course Educational Scope
Distance BSc Students are given the knowledge and skills essential to work in the field. BSc distance education graduates have a variety of subject options and study areas to select from for their postgraduate studies.
The most promising career path after graduation:
- Master of Science(MSC)
- Master of Business Administration(MBA)
- Master of Computer Application(MCA)
- Masters in Management(MIM)
- Master in Data Science
- Short term-courses (PGDM)
So, there are a lot of academic options available to the students who have done Bachelor of Science through distance learning mode.
- BSc Correspondence Course Job Scope
There is a considerable need for BSc jobs across a range of industries, including networking, education services, research, and more. Graduates of distance BSc programme are qualified for a variety of jobs in the private and public sectors due to the variety of specialization streams available.
Some of the Industries to look out for are listed below:
- Information Technology
- Nuclear and Thermal Plant
- Healthcare Sector
- Public Services
- Research and Development
- Government Funded projects
Top 10 Universities For Distance BSc Course
- University of Mumbai distance
- Kuvempu University Distance
- Dr. B.R Ambedkar open university Distance
- Nalanda Open University
- Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University
- Punjab Technical University
- Annamalai University
- Madras Distance
Be the first to leave a review.