BSc Distance Education: BSc or Bachelor of Science distance education is awarded as an undergraduate degree program of duration 3 years or 6 semesters. It is a popular course that is designed to make professionals for the science industry. The BSc correspondence degree is awarded in several Subjects like zoology, botany, computer science, mathematics, statistics, chemistry, geology, psychology, information technology, etc.
- BSc Distance Education Admission 2024: Candidates can apply for admission to distance BSc courses at Madras University, Osmania University, Mumbai University, Kerala University, Madurai Kamraj University, MANUU, etc.
- Fee Structure: The distance BSc learning program fees vary between INR 12,000 to INR 50,000/- per annum, depending on the different universities providing the distance BSc learning program.
BSc Distance Education Latest Updates
- Bachelor of Science Distance Admission is going on at IGNOU. The admission deadline was 20 October 2023. (Click Here)
- Kerala University admission process is going on for the BSc program for the academic session 2023-24. The last date of online registration is extended till 20 October 2023. Source
- Calicut University SDE admission is going on for the BSc program for the session 2023-24. The extended last date to register with a late fee was 20 October 2023. Click Here
- Madras University is accepting admission for the BSc program for the 2023 session. Students can apply till 20 October 2023. Click Here
- Lovely University Distance BSc Admission has started for the 2023 session. 20 October 2023 was the last date to apply for admission. Source
- BRAOU has started the Distance BSc Admission for the academic session 2023-24. The deadline for submission of application was 20 October 2023. Source
- Subharti University is inviting online application forms for admission to the BSc course in distance mode. The last date to apply was 30 October 2023 (tentative).
BSc Distance Education Admission Highlights
Bachelor of Science (BSc)
|Course Level||UG degree|
INR 12,000 to INR 50,000/-
3 years to 6 years
12th pass from the science stream
|BSc Distance Courses||
BSc in Physics, Electronics, Psychology, Maths, IT, etc.
Medical Assistant, Lab Assistant, Chemist, Content Writer, Civil Servant, etc.
- The eligibility conditions for BSc distance education are:
- Students have passed 10+2 grades in the science stream from a recognized board.
- Students with at least 40% marks or equivalent grades in intermediate.
- Students applying to selective universities must pass university-level entrance exams.
- Students can apply for direct admission through offline and online modes.
- The advantage of the distance learning BSc program is that it provides students with a wide variety of options, which include core science fields, such as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, as well as elective courses. There are two types of distance learning courses offered under the BSc degree program:
- BSc General
- BSc Honors (Physics, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, etc).
BSc Distance Education Admission 2024
The admission process has started at many universities in India for the academic session 2024. Bachelor of Science is available in distance mode at several universities. For distance mode, no entrance exam score is required for admission. Students need to be 12th passed by any recognized board of education to be eligible for admission. Some of the famous universities for admission to BSc courses are IGNOU, TNOU, OSOU, Madras University, Calicut University, Amity University, LPU, etc.
The admission process can be completed online/offline. Students should check their eligibility before applying for admission. Online application forms must be submitted before the last date of admission. The admission process may be different at the university.
Top Distance Education Courses
- Distance MBA
- BA Distance Education Admission
- BBA Distance Education Admission
- BCA Distance Education Admission
- MA Distance Education Admission
- MCom Distance Education Admission
- MSc Distance Education Admission
BSc Distance Education Application Form 2023
The application form is now available on the official portal of the university. Candidates seeking admission can enroll in a BSc Distance education program and apply online/offline according to the university guidelines. All details must be filled in correctly and according to the educational certificates. If the detail filled in the application form is incorrect, the form will be rejected.
BSc Distance Education Admission Process
Applicants who are curious to enroll for the Bachelor of Science course in distance education mode can follow the given admission process. For the majority of universities’ websites, the admission process will be similar. So, It is requested that all students follow the admission process and complete it before the deadline.
- Students must go to the official website of the University.
- Reputable institutions and universities only accept applicants based on merit.
- Students can apply online for admission
- Log in as a new candidate.
- Fill in all the required fields.
- Upload your required documents.
- Students will receive a confirmation page with their enrollment number
Benefits of BSc Distance Learning
- Independent activity of students
- Ability to work at a consistent pace
- Individual approach of students
- Ability to revise subject material
- Learn while working
BSc Distance Education Syllabus
There is no need to go to any other website to check out the syllabus for session 2023-24 for the Bachelor of Science (BSc) course. To check the syllabus, students can follow the provided BSc syllabus for distance education students. We have provided the syllabus for all semesters so that students can benefit from it.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Foundation course in Mathematics||
Fundamental of Open Source Software-LINUX
|Basics of Computer Science||
|Introduction to Digital Electronics||
Front Office Management
Value and Ethics
|Analytical Skill Development-I||
Analytical Skill Development-II
|Object-Oriented Programming using C++||
Database Management Systems
System Analysis and design
|Introduction to Data Structures||
|Introduction to Software Engineering||
|Operating Systems concepts||
Introduction to Computer Network
Introduction to Web Technology
BSc Distance Education Scope
- BSc Correspondence Course Educational Scope
The knowledge and skills acquired by distance BSc students are essential for working in the field. As a distance education graduate, you have a variety of options and study areas to choose from when it comes to postgraduate studies.
The most promising career path after graduation:
- Master of Science(MSC)
- Master of Business Administration(MBA)
- Master of Computer Application(MCA)
- Masters in Management(MIM)
- Master in Data Science
- Short term-courses (PGDM)
So, there are a lot of academic options available to students who have done a Bachelor of Science through distance learning mode.
- BSc Correspondence Course Job Scope
There is a considerable need for BSc jobs across various industries, including networking, education services, research, and more. Graduates of distance BSc programs are qualified for jobs in the private and public sectors due to the variety of specialization streams available.
Some of the Employment Areas to look out for are listed below:
|Aquariums||Forensic Crime Research|
|Educational Institutes||Geological Survey Departments|
|Health Care Providers||Oil Industry|
|Plant Biochemist||Scientist Assistant|
|Space Research Institutes||Testing Laboratories|
|Technical Writer/Editor||Wastewater Plants|
Top 10 Universities For Distance BSc Courses
- University of Mumbai distance
- Kuvempu University Distance
- Dr. B.R Ambedkar Open University Distance
- Nalanda Open University
- Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University
- Punjab Technical University
- Annamalai University
- Madras Distance
BSc Distance Education Specializations
The Distance BSc learning program shows specialization in several pure science and research technology applications. To lead the research efforts and provide a solid foundation, different disciplines of study necessitate qualified personnel.
Some of the BSc Specializations are listed below:
- BSC Computer Science Distance Education
- BSc Biotechnology Distance Education
- BSc Information Technology Distance Education
- BSc Physics Distance Learning
- BSc Microbiology Distance Education
- BSc Chemistry Distance Learning
Distance BSc is custom-made for graduate students with strong mathematics and basic science fundamentals. BSc distance education provides a broad understanding of a number of scientific aspects at the undergraduate level (both Theory and Practical).
BSc Distance Education in India
In India, candidates can pursue a BSc distance education program by paying an average course fee charges between Rs 12,000 to Rs 50,000/-. However, the BSc distance learning fee structure varies in different universities. The application fee charges, eligibility, and last date also vary in different universities. Depending on the university type, location, etc.
Following are the state-wise details of UGC-DEB and AICTE-approved central, state, private, and public universities to which students can register themselves for BSc correspondence course admission 2023-24:
IGNOU BSc Distance Education
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers various programs in distance mode and a Bachelor of Science is one of them. IGNOU offers a BSc program in several specializations, and students can complete it in 3-6 years. To be eligible for this program, students must pass 12th with at least 50% markers from a recognized board. IGNOU BSc distance education program fee is INR 5,700 per year.
Kerala University Distance BSc Education
Kerala University offers The admission for the Bachelor’s of Science (BSc) Course through distance education at Delhi University will shortly begin for session 2024. Whoever is wating can check out their important documents because it will be required while filling out the application form. numerous undergraduate programs in distance mode, and BSc distance education is one of them. The University offers this bachelor’s program in various specializations. The admission process is going on for the academic session 2023-24. The last date to register for an application form at Kerala University DDE is 20 October 2023. Students can get the application form on the official website of Kerala University.
Candidates looking for admission to this distance education program must pass 12th with at least 50% marks from a recognized Board of India. Kerala University charges INR 11,880 for the distance BSc program.
B.Sc Correspondence Course in Delhi University
The admission for the Bachelor of Science (BSc) Course through distance education at Delhi University will shortly begin for session 2024. Whoever is waiting can check out their important documents because it will be required while filling out the application form. The University of Delhi offers a B.Sc Correspondence Course on its campus in many specializations.
The admission requirements for the course are students must pass the 10+2 from a recognized educational board with a minimum of 50% marks. The fees for the course depend on the specialization chosen by students. The average fee required for the course at Delhi University is around INR 12,000 to INR 50,000/- per annum.
Apart from Delhi University, several Universities are located in Delhi that offer Bachelor of Science programs in distance mode. Below are the names of some of the top ones. Admission at these universities is currently ongoing.
- Jamia Hamdard
- University of Delhi
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question: Can I earn a BSc degree through distance education?
Answer: Degrees earned through distance education are 100% recognized. Nevertheless, your distance degree course needs to be approved by the UGC-DEB before it can be considered legitimate.
Question: Can I do a BSc from Distance at Delhi University?
Answer: Yes, students can pursue a BSc in distance mode from the School of Distance Learning Delhi University. The university is offering the course in distance mode and it is approved by UGC and DEB. The course has several specializations.
Question: Can I do BSc CS from a distance?
Answer: Yes, students who want to enroll in the BSc Computer Science program can apply at a university that offers distance education courses. Students must complete the eligibility requirements decided by the university.
Be the first to leave a review.