MA Distance Education: A 2-year postgraduate degree known as an MA (Master of Arts) in distance learning focuses on helping students thoroughly understand the courses offered via the program. The most popular methods chosen by students are those in English, Political Science, History, Economics, etc.
A distance learning MA program allows you to study whenever and wherever you want, as it is essentially a master’s degree in the arts that will enable you to study from home. Distance learning is the best option for working professionals who wish to gain experience while continuing their higher education and earning a degree.
MA distance education helps students to enhance their skills and growth in careers and credentials. It offers specialization in MA Hindi, MA English, MA Political Science, MA Economics, MA History, MA Communication Studies, MA Archaeology, etc.
- IGNOU registration is going on for the Distance MA admission for the July 2023 session. The last date to submit the application form was 20 October 2023. (Click Here)
- Calicut University is inviting applications for the MA Distance Education program for the 2023 session. Students can apply till 20 October 2023. Click Here
- MA Distance education admission is going on at Kurukshetra University. The admission deadline was 20 October 2023. (Click Here)
- Pondicherry University admission is open for the distance MA course for the academic session 2023-24. The admission deadline to register was 20 October 2023. Source
- Kerala University SDE has started the admission for the MA Distance Education program for the session 2023-24. The last date to register was 20 October 2023. Source
- Bharathidasan University is offering admission to MA courses in distance mode. Students can apply before the last date. (Apply Here)
- Admission to the MA program is open at Andhra University in Distance mode; students can apply through the official website. (Apply Now)
- Distance Master of Arts (MA) Admissions are ongoing at Lovely Professional University (LPU) for the academic session 2023-24. Students can apply before the last date. (Apply Now)
MA Distance Education Admission Highlights
Master of Arts (MA)
|Duration||2 to 4 years|
INR 13,000 to INR 20,000/-
|Education Level||Post Graduate|
Graduation in any stream
|Minimum marks||40% marks|
History, Psychology, English, Geography, Economics, etc.
Lecturer, Journalist, Civil Servant, Content Writer, Social Worker, etc.
MA Distance Education Specializations
- MA Geography Distance Education
- MA Fine Arts Distance Education
- MA Yoga Distance Education
- MA Psychology Distance Education
- MA English Distance Education
- MA Hindi Distance Education
- MA History Distance Education
- MA Physical Education Distance Learning
- MA Political Science Distance Education
- MA Sociology Distance Education
- MA Home Science Distance Education
- MA Economics Distance Education
- MA JMC Distance Education
- MA Public Administration Distance Education
- MA Mathematics Distance Education
- MA Education Distance Learning
- MA Mathematics Distance Education
MA Distance Education Admission 2023
The registration windows of most of the distance education universities are still open for MA distance education courses admission 2023-24. Candidates who are interested and find themselves eligible for admission to this postgraduate degree program can apply by visiting the official websites of MKU, KUK, IGNOU, JMI, DU SOL, Calicut University, Annamalai University, Bharathidasan University, BAOU, and more before the deadline.
Several distance education universities accept online or offline application form for admission in the distance MA program. You can apply before the deadline of 20 October 2023. The MA program is offered in various specializations to students.
Top Distance Education Courses
- Distance MBA
- BA Distance Education Admission
- BBA Distance Education Admission
- BCA Distance Education Admission
- MA Distance Education Admission
- MCom Distance Education Admission
- MSc Distance Education Admission
MA Distance Education Admission Process
To be eligible for the distance MA learning program, students must satisfy the eligibility criteria. Admission to the MA distance learning program is either done on the basis of merit or the result of the entrance examination, and it varies across different colleges and universities.
- Students proceed for admission through the college or university’s official portal.
- Students register for the entrance exam by going to the university’s official website.
- All necessary information must be entered by the students.
- Students who pass the minimal cut-off in entrance tests and graduation.
- Through the official website, students may see the list of who has been shortlisted for admission.
MA Distance Education Application Form
The application form can be found on the official website of the selected university. The form can be filled out in online/offline mode according to the university guidelines. It is necessary to fill out the form with the correct details. Documents should be uploaded in the proper format. If the information provided by students is found incorrect at the time of verification, the form will be rejected.
Every specialty in the distance MA learning program has a unique syllabus and course curriculum, which differs from course to course. Admission to the distance MA learning program is only available to those who satisfy the eligibility criteria.
- The students have a bachelor’s degree in any commerce, humanities, or science field with a minimum 40% aggregate score.
- MA distance education requires no specific age limits.
- On the basis of their success on entrance tests, most colleges and universities make offers.
The average fee for MA distance education varies between INR 13,000 to INR 20,000/- per annum, depending on the various colleges or universities and their norms and conditions.
MA Distance Education West Bengal
The Master of Arts distance education program is famous in West Bengal and has several specializations. After completing a Bachelor of Arts degree from a recognized University, several students of West Bengal pursue this two-year duration distance education program.
Admission for the July 2023 session is currently running at several Universities. Students and working professionals who desire to pursue this program in West Bengal can apply till 20 October 2023. The application form charge is between INR 200- INR 500. MA Distance education program average fee in West Bengal is between INR 13,000 to INR 20,000/- per annum.
For student benefits, we have mentioned some of the university names where admission is running for the Master of Arts (MA) Course for session 2023-24. Students can check out and know their fav universities.
- University of Kalyani
- University of Burdwan
- Ravindra Bharati University
- University of North Bengal
- Netaji Subhash Open University
Kurukshetra University Distance MA Admission
MA Distance Education admission is open at Kurukshetra University. The admission’s last date was 20 October 2023 without any late fee. Kurukshetra University Distance Education offers MA programs in various specializations, such as MA Hindi, MA English, MA History, and many others. Students must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream with a recognized university to apply to KUK DDE MA distance education programs. The average fee for MA Distance Education in various specializations is between INR 13,000 to INR 20,000 per annum.
Subharti University MA Distance Education
Master of Arts distance education admission for the new academic session is going on at Subharti University. The University offers MA programs in various specializations, such as MA Hindi, MA English, MA History, and many others. Candidates looking for admission must apply before the admission’s last date. This program lasts two years, and SVSU DDE charges INR 12,000/ for this distance education program.
IGNOU MA Distance Education Admission
The admission window for Indira Gandhi National Open University has opened for distance MA programs. Interested Candidates can apply before the deadline of 20 October 2023. The application form is available on the official website of IGNOU. IGNOU offers this master’s program in various specializations such as MA Hindi, MA English, MA History, MA Political Science, and so on.
To apply for admission to this distance master program, candidates must pass graduation in any stream with at least 50% from a recognized University in India. The course fee of the MA distance program at IGNOU is INR 10,800 to INR 25,000.
Mumbai University MA Distance Education Admission
Students looking to apply for a Master of Arts distance education at Mumbai University have to apply before the admission deadline. The application form is available at the university’s official website. Interested students for admission have to pass graduation with at least 50% marks from a recognized university. MU IDOL MA Distance education program fee is INR 16,200 per year, while the application form cost is INR 580.
MA Distance Education Syllabus
Below are given the Year and semester-wise Syllabus details of the Distance MA Program.
1st Year Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
2nd Year Syllabus
|Semester III||Semester IV|
Ethics and Politics
Gender and Economy
Why Study MA Distance Education?
There are various key points that mentioned below must be checked out:
- Students can begin their professional careers while they are pursuing their MA via distance education. As well as gaining experience, this will allow the person to pursue higher education.
- During this degree program, students can gain a deep understanding of the course offerings.
- An individual who is pursuing his MA in Distance Education can provide for himself and his family.
Advantages of MA Distance Learning
- Opportunity to learn at one’s pace
- Freedom to replay or reread
- Amount of time to be spent
- Flexibility to use time
- Access to learning
MA in Distance Education Scope
- Educational Scope for MA Correspondence
The list of courses that can be taken in India after earning an MA in English, Political Science, History, or Economics is given below. A distance MA master’s degree program is referred to be a “flash point of opportunities” since it opens up additional high-paying career options and gives students the chance to learn and acquire specialized expertise.
- Job Scope For MA Correspondence
Following the distance MA learning degree, there are several career opportunities in various industries. Students can work in different fields like Forest services, Research Institutes, educational institutions, etc. The most typical positions that MA students are hired for:
- Content Writer
MA Distance Education Career Opportunity
MA distance education course develops the skills and knowledge of candidates required to get high-paying jobs in relevant fields and work as a Public Relations officer, Public Policy Consultant, and many more. Graduates with an MA in Distance education will get government and private companies jobs. The average salary of MA in Distance Education degree holders is INR 4.0 to INR 7.0 LPA.
MA Distance Education Top Colleges
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University
- Chandigarh University
- Karnataka State Open University
- Delhi University (DU)
- Jaipur National University
- Mahatma Gandhi University
- University of Mumbai
- Netaji Subhas Open University
- Amity University
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1: Is MA from a distance valid?
Ans: Yes! It is possible to pursue a Master’s degree through distance learning mode and it is valid.
Question 2: What is the best open university for an MA?
Ans: Distance Education Course providers include Karnataka State Open University, IGNOU, and Annamalai Open University. Literature, Language, History, Political Science, and other humanities subjects are included in the MA program.
Question 3: Do you know what the scope of an MA in distance education is?
Following the completion of their MA Distance Education course, the students are prepared to apply for jobs in different roles, including content writer, archaeologist, lecturer, and executive.
Be the first to leave a review.