RBU Distance Education Admission 2024: For the July 2024–25 academic year, Rabindra Bharti University will begin accepting applications for distance education in the first week of May. The tentative last date for RBU DDE admission will be 30 June 2024. Students can fill out the application form by going to @rbudd.in.
The 1962-founded Rabindra Bharati University in Kolkata is an NAAC-accredited state university. Education at the institution includes certifications, diplomas, undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD programmes. Bachelor of Arts, B.Ed, Diploma, BFA, MA, D.Litt, and MSW are popular at Rabindra Bharati University. Applications are merit-based and are done online. Student housing, library, medical care, NSS, bank, and more are available at the university.
RBU Distance Education Latest Admission Updates: February 2024
- Rabindra Bharti University will accept applications for all programmes into the July academic session. Source
- The deadline for RBU DDE admission for all courses offered will be 30 June 2024. Source
- Admission to the Bachelor of Arts programme at RBU DDE will open for July academic year. Source
Visit the RBU DDE’s official website to apply if interested and eligible. The institution provides distance learning options for PG-level courses.
- Departments: Fine Arts, Arts, and Visual Arts.
- Popular Courses: Includes BA (Hons.), B.Ed, Diploma, BFA, MA,MSW.
- Admission Process: Merit-based, with online application submission.
- Top Recruiters: TCS and Cognizant, offering an average package of INR 3 LPA.
- Eligibility for MA Bengali, English, Sanskrit & Political Science Students must completed 10+2+3 with a minimum of 300 marks at the graduate level in a relevant subject.
- MA Education: Requires 10+2 and B.Ed graduation with at least 300 marks from a UGC-recognized institute.
- MA Geography: Candidates need 10+2 and degree in Geography at the graduate level.
RBU is located in West Bengal, and this university was established in 1962 under the name of Poet Rabindranath Tagore. The distance mode of this university is widespread, and programs like post-graduation are offered at this university.
MA in different specializations like history, Bengali, music, dance, literature, and MSW is available for the 2024 admission session. Rabindra Bharati University thus stands out among institutions of higher learning for its offerings in the performing arts, fine arts, language, literature, and social sciences.
- Application Fees: The Registration fee for all programs is 300/- rupees, and students need to pay the fees by filling out the form.
RBU Distance Education Highlights
|Rabindra Bharati University (RBU)
|Kolkata, West Bengal
|UGC (University Grants Commission)
RBU Distance Education Admission 2024-25
RBU or Rabindra Bharati University, established a Directorate of Distance Education to start distance learning. Distance learning here includes learning at the PG level that includes multiple courses. Approvals from UGC and DEB have been granted for distance education.
Basically, the programs are rendered via a merit-based selection of students who are evaluated on previous degrees. After meeting the eligibility criteria, one can make the application to the desired distance degree program in an online manner. After the deadline, the university will accept the registrations of students.
- Students can learn via distance education the courses at the PG level, one can learn about MA, MSc, M.Com, MCA, and Distance MBA.
- There are merit-plus entrance-based selections of PG aspirants where they need to have at least a qualification of 10+2+3 in the subject similar to the PG course.
- For all students, the application processing fee is INR 200/- and for their registration is INR 100/-.
RBU Distance Education Admission Process for 2024
- Visit the official website of RBU Distance Education at https://www.rbudde.in/admission/.
- Click on the “Apply online” link on the homepage.
- Click the options on New User-Register now.
- Applicants have to log in with a valid email id and mobile number.
- After successful registration, students will receive a password on their registered mobile number.
- Students must use their password while logging in to fill up the application form.
- Fill in the required and correct information about educational details and personal details.
- Make a payment of INR 200 for MSW and Geography programs and other course fees of INR 100 through the State Bank of India.
- The candidate must take the printout of the e-receipt copy.
- If candidates wish to pay the fees offline, the candidate must take the printout of the e-challan and deposit the requisite fee at any counter of SBI.
- Finally, candidates must submit copies of the application form and payment receipt of the fee along with self-attested documents at the University admission office or any study branch as per their choice.
RBU Distance Education Required Documents
- Last qualification Marksheet
- Last qualification Certificate
- Address proof
- Transfer Certificate
- Passport-size photograph
RBU Distance Education PG Admission
PG admission is based on the merit list, and there is no entrance test for any of the programs. Applicants who have passed the 10+2+3 qualification exams from any recognized institute in India are eligible for admission to PG programs.
There are several specializations to choose from, including History, Dance, Music, Literature, English, Bengali, and MSW. Online or offline applications are accepted for distance education admissions. Registration fees range from INR 300/- to INR 350/- for all programs. The admission process for session 2024 will begin soon.
RBU Distance Education MA (English) Admission
- Time: The degree can be completed 2 years after admission generally.
- Eligibility: Candidates with a reasonable BA English degree can apply for admission in MA English courses and plans offered by the university.
- Choice Mode: Admissions are granted to the candidates based on marks obtained by the candidates in the BA English course.
RBU Distance Education MA (Environmental Studies)
- Time: The degree can be completed two years after admission generally.
- Eligibility: Candidates with a reasonable BA Environmental Studies degree can apply for admission to MA Environmental Studies courses and plans offered by the university.
- Choice Mode: Admissions are granted to the candidates based on marks obtained by the candidates in the BA Environmental Studies.
- Time: The total time required to complete an MA Geography degree plan is generally two years.
- Eligibility: The aspirants having a degree in BA Geography are eligible to apply for admission in the MA Geography plan offered by the university.
- Choice Mode: The university grants entry to the candidates based on their BA Geography degree marks.
RBU Distance Education MA (Bengali) Admission
- Time: The degree of MA Bengali can be completed in 2 years.
- Eligibility: The candidate possessing a certified degree in BA Bengali can apply for admission in the MA Bengali plan offered by the university.
- Choice Mode: Admission is granted to the candidates based on their performance in the BA Bengali.
- Time: The total time required to complete an MA history degree plan is generally 2 years.
- Eligibility: The aspirants having a degree in BA history are eligible to apply for admission in the MA history plan offered by the university.
- Choice Mode: The university grants entry to the candidates based on their BA history degree marks.
- Time: The time taken to complete this MA Sanskrit program is 2 years.
- Eligibility: Students who have a graduation degree in Sanskrit, can take admission to the MA Sanskrit program.
- Choice Mode: Admission is given to students on the basis of their marks at graduation.
MA (Vocal Arts)
- Time: Generally, the university’s degree plan for an MA in Vocal Arts can complete in 2 years.
- Eligibility: Generally, candidates having a degree of BA in Vocal Arts can apply for admission in the MA Vocal Arts degree plan offered by the university.
- Choice Mode: The university’s admission in the MA Vocal Arts degree course is granted to the candidates based on marks scored in the BA Vocal Arts degree.
- Time: The period required to complete the degree plan of MA education is generally 2 years.
- Eligibility: Generally, aspirants with a reasonable degree of B.Ed courses can apply for admission in MA education degree plans offered by the university.
- Choice Mode: The university’s admission is granted to the candidates based on marks obtained by the candidates in B.Ed. Degree.
MA (Rabindra Sangeet)
- Time: The minimum time required to complete the MA Rabindra Sangeet degree plans offered by the university is generally 2 years.
- Eligibility: Candidates who have a reasonable degree in BA Rabindra Sangeet can apply for Admission to the MA Rabindra Sangeet degree plans offered by the university.
- Choice Mode: Admission is granted by the university based on marks obtained in a BA degree.
RBU Distance Education MSW Admission
- Time: 2 years
- Eligibility: The candidate must be a graduate.
- Choice Mode: Candidates are admitted on a merit basis.
RBU Distance Education Application Form 2024
RBU Distance Education Center has released the application forms for all the offered ODL programs. Candidates who wish to be admitted to various courses of study have to apply online. Before applying, students have to register. The process for registration and online application form is as follows which is given in the steps below.
RBU Distance Education MA Fee Structure
|Fee Structure (in Rs)
|MA in Bengali
|MA in English
|MA in History
|MA in Political Science
|MA in Sanskrit
|MA in Education
|MA in Environmental Studies
|MA in Geography
|Master of Social Work (M.S.W)
|Diploma in Tagore Literature
|MA in Rabindra Sangeet
|MA in Vocal Music
RBU Distance Education Placements
Rabindra Bharati University Distance Education provides a year of excellent placement facilities. It has a separate placement cell. They have been very active in inviting various organizations to the university’s campus, almost invited companies to visit the university campus, and hired all eligible students with decent salaries.
RBU Distance Education Contact Details
- Address: Rabindra Bhavan EE 9 & 10 Sector-II, Salt Lake City (Near Karunamayee) Kolkata – 700 091.
- Contact No.: +91- (033)-2358 4014/16/18
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source: Official Website
Some Other Distance Education University
- Burdwan University Distance Education
- University of North Bengal Distance Education
- Kalyani University Distance Education
- Jadavpur University Distance Education
- Vidyasagar University Distance Education
Note: Dates are Tentative and are subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more information regarding admission.
Be the first to leave a review.