Delhi University Distance Education Latest Updates
- Delhi University MBA distance education admission is yet to begin soon for session 2024.
Delhi University Distance Education Admission procedures are available online, and students can review the criteria. There is also an in-house admission category for Delhi University students who are already Delhi University students and who will receive admission in the in-house admission category. Rs. 400/- will automatically be reduced from the Course fee if the candidate doesn’t opt for study material in hard copy format. However, they can download a soft copy of the Study material from the website.
Students who desire to pursue a full-time degree program, but cannot enroll in full-time courses can participate in various distance learning programs at the University of Delhi, popularly known as Delhi University Distance Education. Students must have completed the 12th grade to enroll in UG programs. A graduation degree is required for PG programs, and some require entrance exams.
Among the best universities in the world, the University of Delhi is not only one of the best in India. Admissions are open to both Indian and international students. For distant learners of all backgrounds, Delhi University offers a School of Open Learning (SOL).
There are two categories of application fees, open and SC/ST. Students in the general category must pay 500/- rupees, while students in the reserved category must pay 250/- rupees. For detailed information about the university, students are asked to read the following details, which we have drafted for the students’ benefit.
Delhi University Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||Delhi University|
|Location||New Delhi, Delhi|
|Approved By||University Grants Commission (UGC-DEB)|
Delhi University Distance Education Admission 2024
DU will open its admission window for various UG courses. The application form is available on the official website of Delhi University. The University offers a variety of distance education programs. Some admissions are based on merit, while others are based on entrance plus merit. Online applications will be accepted for UG degree programs. Delhi University admission for various programes, such as BA, BSc, BCom, etc. level, will shortly start by the officials for session 2024. Delhi University UG admission’s last date to apply is 20 February 2024 (tentative) for distance mode courses.
- Students can be admitted to the UG admission for courses such as BA, BEd, BSc (Hons), and BCom. Admission to distance PG courses is made for MSc, MEd, MA, MCA, MBA, and MCom.
- UG eligibility criteria are just based on merit. Students will have to first qualify for the education of intermediate, and each student must have previous education in a similar subject. The minimum marks of students must be at least 50%.
- The selection of PG students is based on merit as well as the entrance exam. At least a 50% score is mandatory to have been obtained by each candidate in the UG last exams.
- An application fee of INR 500/- will be paid for the registration.
Key Points of Delhi University Distance Education
- Founded by the University of Delhi in 1962, the School of Open Learning is part of the Campus of Open Learning.
- A distance education institution with a rich history in India, the School of Open Learning.
- The School of Open Learning offers courses through the University Grant Commission and the Distance Education Bureau.
- The School of Open Learning offers distance education as one of its most popular services.
- Delhi University, SOL, offers distance education.
- Through online interactive classes, students can converse with world-class professors.
- Students, professionals, and housewives can benefit from remote education by learning new skills at a cheaper cost and without disrupting their current lives.
Delhi University Distance Education UG Admission
Delhi University Distance Education offers UG levels, such as BA, B.Voc, B.Com, BMS, BS, BBA, BE, and BSc (Hons). Admission to UG courses in Delhi University Distance Education will be determined by the university’s entrance exam and students’ performance in previous qualifications. Applicants must have a minimum of 60% in their 12th grade.
Applicants can apply online on the official website of Delhi University distance education. The admission application fee is INR 1000/- to INR 1500/- rupees for all students.
Delhi University Distance Education BA Admission
- Delhi University Distance Education provides education to students who want to complete their graduation in the field of Bachelor of Arts.
- Applicants must fulfill the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the Delhi University distance education.
- The students of any stream who have passed the intermediate class from any acknowledged board of education.
Delhi University Distance Education BCom Admission
- Duration: The minimum time required to complete the degree of B.Com is three years.
- Eligibility Criteria: To become eligible for admission in B.Com courses, the candidate must have passed 10+2 qualifying exams from any known university in India.
- Choice Mode: Admission is granted to the candidate based on merit in BA courses.
Delhi University Distance Education BCom Hons Admission
- Duration: B.Com (Hons) is a minimum of 3 years UG course.
- Eligibility: A candidate who has passed a vocational or technical degree with a minimum of 50% marks is eligible for entry in B.Com (Hons).
- Choice Mode: Admission is granted based on merit.
Delhi University Distance Education BBA FIA Admission
- Duration: BBA (FIA) is a minimum of 3 years UG level course.
- Eligibility: A candidate who has passed a 12 standard with a minimum of 50% marks is eligible for entry in the BBA Specialization course.
- Choice Mode: Admission is based on merit.
Delhi University Distance Education BSc (Hons)
- Duration: The minimum time required to complete the degree of B.Sc (Hons) is three years.
- Eligibility Criteria: To become eligible for admission in B.Sc (Hons)courses, the candidate must have passed 10+2 qualifying exams from any recognized university in India.
- Choice Mode: Admission is granted to the candidate based on merit in B.Sc courses.
Delhi University Distance Education PG Admission
Delhi University offers Numerous postgraduate level programs in various specializations such as MA, MCom, MSc, etc. The university takes PG-level programs on a merit-based. To apply for admission to such a master’s degree program, candidates must have completed their education in related subjects from a recognized university in India. Candidates looking for admission at Delhi University have multiple options to submit the application; either they can submit online or by visiting the center of Delhi University.
DU Correspondence MA Hindi Admission
- Time: MA Hindi is generally a 2-year program.
- Eligibility: The candidates who have a degree of BA in Hindi are eligible for admission.
- Choice Mode: Half of the entry is granted on a merit basis, whereas the remaining are allotted on an entrance exam.
DU Correspondence MA Sanskrit Admission
- Time: The period of MA Sanskrit courses is two years.
- Eligibility: Candidates having a degree of BA in Sanskrit can apply for admission to MA Sanskrit courses.
- Choice Mode: The university grants 50% access on a merit basis and 50% admissions on an entrance exam basis.
DU Correspondence MA Political Sciences Admission
- Time: The minimum time required to complete the MA Political Sciences degree is two years.
- Eligibility: A candidate with a BA in Political Sciences can apply for admission to MA in Political Sciences.
- Choice Mode: The university grants entries in this course based on both merit and entrance exam.
DU Correspondence MCom Admission
- Time: MCom is a 2-year program.
- Eligibility: Candidates having a degree in B.Com is eligible for admission in M.Com courses.
- Choice mode: The university grants admission based on marks obtained by the candidates in entrance exams.
Delhi University Distance MBA Admission
Students who have earned graduate degrees in any area are eligible to apply to the 2-year MBA program at DU. Aspirants looking for admission can visit the official website of DU. The University offers this Management program in various specializations. The minimum eligibility to apply for admission is graduation in any stream with at least 50% marks from a recognized University in India. DU does not conduct any distance education for the distance MBA program.
Delhi University Distance Education Application Process 2024
DU-Delhi University (DU-SOL) has opened its admission process for New Batch. Interested Students kindly go to the official website to fill online admission form for the current session. The application form is now available on the official website, To check the university notice for admission.
After filling out the application form, check it properly and then click on the submit button. The application fee can be paid by the demand draft cash or other media. If you need more details, please visit the website link. The School of Open Learning of Delhi University provides courses Based on Distance Mode of Learning to Students Who Are Unable to Opt for Any Regular Courses and Want Adjustable and Vocational Learning courses.
It Offers Various Undergraduate and Post Graduate Courses of Study in the Faculties of Arts/Humanities and Commerce. A student can get the “Student Fee Receipt and ID Card” of Admission through the link, which is official and available in this article.
The application fee for Delhi University Distance Education is Rs 500/- for the General and OBC categories. While for the same courses, the fee is Rs 250/- for SC/ST/PWD aspirants.
How to fill out the Application Form?
- The candidate must attach a passport-size photograph with the application form, which must be more than 4 KB and less than 24 KB with a resolution of 100 Pixels Width and 120 Pixel Height.
- The candidate must have uploaded the signature in JPG format.
- The size of the Document must be less than 2 MB and in Pdf Format.
- The candidate kindly visits the official website of this university.
- Then register and log in and fill in all the required information concerning all the necessary details.
- Upload the required documents and click on submit.
- Pay the fees of registration online and save the final application form.
- After successful fee payment, print the fee receipt and print the ID Card.
- Visit the designated SOL center and get your documents verified.
Required Documents For Delhi University DDE Admission
- Bank draft of admission confirmation fees.
- Two latest passport-size.
- Self-attested copy of bachelor’s degree for current year candidates will have to submit the photocopy of the degree.
- Provisional and original certificates.
- Migration certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Disability certificate.
- Income certificate
- Photocopy of class 10th and 12th certificates.
Finally, The Conclusion
- The School of Open Learning at the University of Delhi is the best option for remote learning universities.
- The institution offers distance education programs for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees.
- This blog will provide you with all the information about the university that will help you apply
Delhi University Distance Education Study Material
Delhi University Distance Education study material is available online and offline both. Those students pursuing UG, PG, and any other at Delhi University Distance can easily download their study material. DU offers an online portal, and it is accessible to all students at @www.web.sol.du.ac.in. This portal also avails previous year’s question papers for exam preparation. Those students who want to study material offline can quickly go through the University regional centre.
Delhi University Distance Education Fee Structure
|Courses||Duration||Fees Structure (in Rs)|
|BA (Hons) PS||3 Years||4040/-|
|BA (Hons) English||3 Years||4040/-|
|MA (Hindi)||2 Years||5140/-|
|MA (Sanskrit)||2 Years||4990/-|
|M.A (History)||2 Years||4990/-|
|MA (Political Science)||2 Years||4990/-|
Delhi University Distance Education Affiliated Colleges
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||New Delhi||1958||Government|
|Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Delhi||New Delhi||1983||Government|
|Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University, Delhi||New Delhi||1954||Government|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College for Women, New Delhi||New Delhi||1916||Government|
|University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi University||New Delhi||1971||Government|
|University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi||New Delhi||1971||Government|
|Campus Law Centre, Delhi University, Delhi||New Delhi||1924||Government|
|Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, New Delhi||New Delhi||1983||Government|
|Faculty of Law, Delhi University, Delhi||New Delhi||1924||Government|
|Hansraj College, Delhi||New Delhi||1948||Government|
|Hindu College, Delhi||New Delhi||1899||Government|
|Department of Business Economics, Delhi University, Delhi||New Delhi||1973||Government|
|Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, New Delhi||New Delhi||1990||Government|
|Ramjas College, Delhi||New Delhi||1917||Government|
|Kirori Mal College, Delhi||New Delhi||1954||Government|
|Bhim Rao Ambedkar College, Delhi||New Delhi||1991||Government|
|Lady Shriram College for Women, New Delhi||New Delhi||1956||Government|
|Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi||New Delhi||1926||Government|
|Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi||New Delhi||1987||Government|
|Gargi College, Delhi||New Delhi||1967||Government|
|Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi||New Delhi||1961||Government|
|Department of Commerce, Delhi University, Delhi||New Delhi||1967||Government|
|Miranda House, Delhi||New Delhi||1948||Government|
|Sri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi||New Delhi||1926||Private|
|Shivaji College, Delhi||New Delhi||1961||Government|
|Daulat Ram College, Delhi||New Delhi||1960||Government|
|Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, Delhi||New Delhi||1967||Government|
|Dyal Singh College, New Delhi||New Delhi||1910||Government|
|Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, New Delhi||New Delhi||1989||Government|
|Kamala Nehru College, Delhi||New Delhi||1964||Government|
|Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University, Delhi||New Delhi||1949||Government|
|Maharaja Agrasen College, Delhi||New Delhi||1994||Government|
|Deshbandhu College, New Delhi||New Delhi||1952||Government|
|Motilal Nehru College, New Delhi||New Delhi||1964||Government|
|Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College, New Delhi||New Delhi||1959||Government|
|Acharya Narendra Dev College, New Delhi||New Delhi||1991||Government|
|Zakir Husain Delhi College, Delhi||New Delhi||1975||Government|
|Sri Guru Tegbahadur Khalsa College, Delhi||New Delhi||1951||Government|
|Kalindi College, New Delhi||New Delhi||1967||Government|
|Indraprastha College for Women, Delhi||New Delhi||1924||Government|
|Swami Shraddhanand College, Delhi||New Delhi||1967||Government|
|College of Vocational Studies, New Delhi||New Delhi||1972||Government|
|Ram Lal Anand College, New Delhi||New Delhi||1964||Government|
|Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College, Delhi||New Delhi||1973||Government|
|Rajdhani College, New Delhi||New Delhi||1964||Government|
|Sri Aurobindo College, New Delhi||New Delhi||1972||Government|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is distance education available at Delhi University?
Ans: Yes, as per UGC guidelines Delhi University offers distance education.
Q: Is Delhi University privet or government?
Ans: It’s a government university.
Delhi University Distance Education Contact Details
- Address: Benito Juarez Marg, South Campus, South Moti Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi – 110021
- Phone: 011-27667853
- Email: email@example.com
- Source: Official Website
Some Other Distance Education University
Note: Dates are Tentative and are subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more information regarding admission.
Be the first to leave a review.