Madras University Distance Education Admission: The application portal for getting admission in the Madras University distance education offered courses for the upcoming academic session is to be released very soon at the official admission portal of the university. The aspirants can easily get access to the application form by visiting the official admission portal.
Madras University Distance Education Latest Updates:
- The Madras University distance education will be releasing the registration form for admission into numerous courses for the upcoming academic session very soon at the university’s official website.
Any distance education program can be applied by students at @online.ideunom.ac.in. Madras University Distance Education offers admission in two categories throughout the year – academic year and calendar year. Madras University was founded in 1857 and is one of the oldest institutions in India. With campuses spread across three districts of Tamil Nadu, the university is located in Tamil Nadu. Madras University offers distance learning courses through its Institute of Distance Education located in Chennai, Thiruvallur, and Kancheepuram.
Madras University is renowned for its interdisciplinary courses offered in both undergraduate and graduate programs. History, Economics, Political and International Studies, and Physical Sciences are some of the disciplines courses. A total of 15 Undergraduate courses, 20 Postgraduate courses, 16 Diploma courses, and 12 Certificate courses are offered by the Institute of Distance Education.
Points You Must Know Before Taking Admission:
- Admission to a UG or PG program at Madras University Distance Education is primarily based on academic performance.
- Applications for UG and PG programs are accepted throughout the year.
- To be eligible for UG and PG admission, students must hold a diploma or certificate.
- For UG and PG programs, both online and offline applications are accepted.
- First-come, first-served policies apply to both undergraduate and graduate applications.
- The admissions procedure is first-come, first served and is based on merit.
- Admission to the Madras University distance MBA program is based on CAT, XAT, and CMAT scores.
- Two admissions cycles are held each year for undergraduates and graduates.
Madras University Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||Madras University|
|Founded||September 5, 1857|
|Application Form||Rs. 500/-|
|Fees Submit||Cash, DD|
|Approved For admission Abroad||Yes (MHRD)|
|Contact University||044 2539 9422|
Madras University Distance Education Admission
Madras University has an Institute of Distance Education that manages all the matters of distance admissions at the University. Under the domains of Certificate, Diploma, UG, and PG several distance courses are taught. The University offers various disciplines to study your desired program in distance mode.
Some of the most popular specializations provided here are Science, Arts, and Management. Within each of the provided admission categories, students are selected on the basis of their previous marks and degrees.
The application portal that runs on its official website is open for students so that they can submit their forms easily.
- Distance education is commonly provided by universities for UG courses such as BCA, BA, BSc, and BBA. On other hand, PG selections are for courses such as MA, MCA (Lateral Entry), MCA, and MSc.
- Its criteria for enrolling students in the bachelor’s program are especially Merit-based for distance learning.
- Admissions other than entrance exams are just based on one’s performance in the qualifying last exam of graduation degree for becoming eligible for PG admissions with an average score.
- After filling out the application forms the student is required to pay an application fee of INR 200/- to the University.
Madras University Distance Education UG Admission
Madras University offers 16 undergraduate courses for distance learning. The list of courses includes BA, B.Sc., BBA, BFA, and B.LIT. The duration of Bachelor’s level programs generally takes 3 years divided into 6 semesters.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for Madras University Distance Education UG Admission, one must have completed 10+2 from a reputed board. Along with this, several other points get added to the eligibility criteria for some specific courses.
The university administers the student through merit scores only for the shortlisting purpose. It means that there will be no entrance exam conducted for the same. Coming to the application process, it takes place in an online mode. All the instructions about the Undergraduate courses are separately mentioned in the e-prospectus provided at Madras University’s official site.
Madras University Distance Education PG Admission
Madras University Distance Education offers PG degrees such as MA, MCom, MCA, MBA, MEd, M.Tech, etc. Besides the Undergraduate Courses, the university is committed to educating the students by offering various postgraduate courses in a distance mode. Many youngsters want to take up job responsibilities and their studies simultaneously. For such aspiring students, distance learning is the best option to earn a degree for building a better future.
Coming to the Madras University PG Admission, it is important to fall into the eligibility criteria to apply for the desired PG course. In general, one must hold a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field from a valued university. Except for MCA, the selection will be through merit scores. Admission to MCA will solely depend on the entrance exam performance.
Madras University Distance Education Application Form
The submission process for the form to Madras University Distance Education is online and offline. An applicant interested in applying for the course completed an application form by the closing date.
In-person: A student can go to an office at Madras University to obtain the form and then complete the form. All they need to do is pay a sum of INR 100/- or more in cash in the institute or Study Centres in Tamil Nadu / Spot Admission Centres/ Participatory Institutions/ Twinning Centres for Programmes.
Via Post: Students can send their applications by post. For this procedure, a sum of 150/- rupees should be provided by way of a Demand Draft drawn by the name of the Director IDE., University of Madras payable at Chennai.
Last but not least, the application form can be filled out and submitted in online mode, too. Students need to go to the university’s official website to pay the cost of the application, which is INR 100/- or less.
The following Certificates (Original) should be enclosed while not fail :
- 10th Mark List.
- Intermediate Mark List.
- PG Degree first Year Statement of Marks.
- UG Degree Certificate with Statement of Marks
- Transfer documents from the establishment wherever they completed the primary Year Postgraduate Course.
- Two complete sets of genuine photograph copies of the on top of Format for Post Graduation Lateral admission
- Reproduction of information punctually genuine
Madras University DDE BBA & MBA Courses
|BBA (Banking and Finance)||3 years||12th pass with 45%|
|BBA (Banking and Insurance)|
|BBA (Computer Applications)|
|BBA (Digital Marketing)|
|BBA (Hons.) (Hospitality Management)|
|BBA (Hons.) (Travel and Tourism)|
|BBA (Human Resource Management)|
|BBA (Information Technology)|
|MBA (Hospital Management)||2 years||Graduation|
|MBA in Advertising and Sales Promotion|
|MBA Airline & Airport Management|
|MBA Banking and Finance Management|
|MBA Business Analytics|
|MBA Customer Relationship Management|
|MBA Disaster Management|
|MBA in Export Management|
|MBA Financial Services|
|MBA in Health Care Management|
|MBA Hotel and Tourism Management||BA BBA BCA BSC|
|MBA Information Technology|
|MBA Information System Management|
Madras University Distance Education Fee Structure
|MSc (Information Technology)||2 Years||4500/-|
|MA (Political Science)||4500/-|
|MA (Historical Studies)||4500/-|
|MA (Public Administration)||4500/-|
|MA (Human Rights)||4500/-|
|MSc (Medical Sociology)||4500/-|
|MSc (Counselling Psychology)||4500/-|
|BA (English)||3 Years||4500/-|
|BA (Criminology and Police)||4500/-|
|BA (Public Administration)||5500/-|
|BA (Christian Studies)||6000/-|
|BSc (Medical Sociology)||6000/-|
|BNat (Naturopathy and Yogic Science)||6000/-|
|BCom (Computer Application)||6000/-|
|Diploma in Business Management||1 Years||4700/-|
|Master of Business Administration [MBA]||2 Years||21950/-|
|Post Graduate Diploma||1 Years||4650/-|
|Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com]||3 Years||15395/-|
|Diploma in Commerce||1 Year||4650/-|
|Master of Commerce [M.Com]||2 Years||10900/-|
Madras University Distance Education Exam Time Table
The examination schedule for various UG, PG, certificate & diploma programs has been uploaded on the official portal of IDE, Madras University. Students looking for the examination Time table can check at @exam.unom.ac.in. Madras University Distance Education Exam Time Table is now available on the website for the Dec session. The examination will be held on April.
Madras University DDE Affiliated Colleges List
|Loyola College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1925||Private|
|MOP Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1992||Private|
|Institute for Financial Management and Research||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1970||Private|
|Dr Ambedkar Government Law College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1891||Government|
|Presidency College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||–||Government|
|Chennai School of Business Excellence, Tada||Society, Andhra Pradesh||2007||Private|
|Dr MGR Janaki College of Arts and Science for Women||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1996||Private|
|Music Institute of Management, Royapettah||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1987||Private|
|Vel Tech Ranga Sanku Arts College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1998||Private|
|Women’s Christian College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1915||Private|
|The Central Law College, Salem||Salem, Tamil Nadu||1984||Government|
|Stella Maris College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1947||Private|
|New College Institute of Management, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1951||Government|
|Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1948||Private|
|Mohamed Sathak College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1991||Private|
|Valliammal College for Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1987||Private|
|Anna Adarsh College for Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1985||Private|
|Tagore College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1999||Private|
|SIVET College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1966||Government|
|Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1946||Private|
|Queen Mary’s College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1914||Private|
|Pachaiyappa’s College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||–||Private|
|Meenakshi College for Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1975||Private|
|Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1994||Private|
|St Thomas College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1999||Private|
|Sri Muthukumaran College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||2001||Private|
|Sindhi College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1991||Private|
|SDNB Vaishnav College For Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1968||Private|
Madras University DDE Faculty
|Name of the University||Designation||Department|
|Dr R. Panchal||Professor||Department Of Commerce|
|Dr M. Sargunavathi||Associate Professor||Department Of Tamil|
|Dr B. Devamaindan||Assistant Professor||Department Of Management Studies|
|Dr. S. Thenmozhi||Assistant Professor||Department Of Psychology|
|Dr. S. Sasikala||Assistant Professor||Department Of Computer Science|
|Dr. T.R.Gopalakrishnan||Assistant Professor||Department Of Mass Communication|
|Dr. S. Sasikala||Assistant Professor||Department Of Computer Science|
|Dr. R.||Associate Professor||Department Of Political Science|
Madras University Distance Education Scholarship
Scholarship opportunities are available via the University of Madras IDE for deserving students who are financially poor, intellectually strong, and belong to a reserved class. Below are a few of the scholarship aids:
- SC/ST Scholarship for SC/ST Students: This financial assistance is for SC/ST students. If a student wants to be eligible for scholarships, they must fill out the online form provided by the college.
- Students and research scholars are given financial support for their international travel: All PG and full-time PhD scholars are eligible for this financial assistance while it is in their possession.
- Central Sector Plan Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship for Students with Disabilities for Studying Abroad: Students with disabilities are given this opportunity to pursue their studies abroad. The subjects will be specified under this plan.
Madras University Distance Education Placements
For its students, IDE has the option of a placement cell, which provides several internships and placements. ICICI Bank, Home First Finance, HDFC Bank, and Omega Healthcare Management Services, among other businesses, are a few of the major recruiters that take part. Each year, on average, 60% of students can be placed.
How to Get Consolidated Mark Statement?
- Firstly, Download Consolidated Mark Statement Application online.
- The candidate will fill the application form & attach it with Course Provisional, Completion & Degree Certificates to other payment gateways.
- Then, students have to pay INR 1500/- for Consolidated Mark Statement.
- At last, submit the form to the Examination Section.
How to Get Madras University Distance Education Duplicate ID Card?
- Download Duplicate ID Card for the Application form
- Then fill the application form & attach your passport size photo.
- Students will pay Rs.100/- for duplicate ID cards to other payment gateways.
- At last, submit the form to the respective Section.
Madras University Distance Education Examination Centre Notification
- Chennai City Centers (UG / BLIS / MLIS / Diploma & Certificate Courses)
- Chennai City Centers (PG (MA, M.Sc, M.Com)
- Chennai City Centers (MBA, MCA, M.Sc (IT))
- Foreign Centers
- Other States Centers
- Mofussil Centers
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 What is the date by which you can apply to submit an online application to apply for Madras University Distance Education?
Ans. The last date for submitting admission forms for different UG, Diploma, and PG courses is already over in September. The submissions started in August, and many interested students submitted their forms before the deadline.
Q.2 What courses are available under the Madras University Distance Education?
Ans. There are seventy-five different courses available under the Madras University Distance Education. Among which 16 are undergraduate courses and 22 are Postgraduate and 37 Diploma & Certificate courses.
Q.3 What’s the process for applying for admission into Madras University Distance Education?
Ans. As of now, no admissions are being offered. As soon as UNOM announces any updates regarding this, students can submit applications to Madras University Distance Education offline and online according to their preferences.
Q.4 What is the cost students must pay for the application form to be considered for Madras University Distance Education admission?
Ans. A Application cost of INR 150/- is payable for applicants who apply via the post, whereas students applying online have to pay INR 100/- as an application fee to Madras University distance education.
Q.5 Do I have to take an entrance test to gain UNOM admission into IDE?
Ans. No, at the Madras University, Institute of Distance Education Admission is granted to students first-come, first basis.
Madras University Distance Education Contact Details
- Address: Navalar Nagar, Chepauk, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005, India
- Phone: 044 2539 9422
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source: Official Website
Some Other University/College Name
Note: Dates are Tentative and are subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more information regarding admission.
Be the first to leave a review.