Madras University Distance Education Admission 2022-23: 14 August 2022 is the last date of Madras University DDE Admission 2022-23. Students can apply for any distance program at @online.ideunom.ac.in. Hall Tickets for December Examination 2021 have been uploaded on @exam.unom.ac.in for all the offered Distance Education programs. For more info, read the below section. It is a public state university that provides higher learning education which was establised in 1857.
Madras University offers distance learning courses through its Institute of Distance Education (UNOM). A total of 15 Undergraduate courses, 20 Graduate courses, 16 Diploma courses, and 12 Certificate programs are offered by @www.ideunom.ac.in.
Admission at Madras University Distance Education takes place throughout the year in two categories- Academic Year and Calendar Year. To enroll for UG courses, one should have passed class 12th with the related field for which they want to see for higher education. On the other hand, one should hold a UG degree in the related field for PG admission. As far as entrance tests are concerned, it is taken for MCA and MBA Admission.
Points you must know before taking admission:
- Madras University Distance Education mainly focuses on academic performance that determines whether you are admitted to a UG or PG program.
- Throughout the year, applications are accepted for UG and PG programs.
- Only students enrolled in a diploma or certificate programmes can apply for admission.
- Online and offline applications are accepted for UG and PG programs.
- Both UG and PG admissions are on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a merit-based admission process and it is first-come, first-served.
- The scores from CAT, XAT, and CMAT are used to determine admission to the Madras University distance MBA program.
- Undergraduate and graduate admissions take place twice a year.
- At the Institute of Distance Education at the University of Madras, undergraduate programs include Bachelor of Arts, B.COM, and Bachelor of Business Administration in Tamil. All of these courses last three years.
Madras University Distance Education Latest News
- Madras University Distance Education Admission Last date is 14 August 2022.
- The last date for submission of an online Assignment is: 30.06.2022 – DIRECTOR, IDE ( SOURCE)
- For all batches admitted since the Academic Year of 2018, the Mandatory Online Internal Assignment Portal [http://ideunom.ac.in/mcq/] is open.
- Madras University DDE Compulsory Internal Assignment needs to submit before 15 May 2022. (Source)
- After submission of internal assignments, results will be released.
- IDEUNOM December 2021 Hall Ticket uploaded for MA, MSc, MCom, MCA, and MSc (IT) courses. (Download here)
- The last date for Project Report submission in the MBA Degree course is 13 April 2022 at IDEUNOM. (Source)
- Madras University Distance Education Online Examination Portal 2022 is now live. (Check here)
- Last date for submission of applications for Post Doctoral Degrees for the academic year 2022-23 is going to be 30th June 2022. For more Click Here
- Online Examination Portal 2022 will start soon for Madras University Distance Education. Check Here
Madras University Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||Madras University|
|Founded||September 5, 1857|
|Application Form||Rs. 500/-|
|Fees Submit||Cash, DD|
|Approved For admission Abroad||Yes (MHRD)|
|Contact University||044 2539 9422|
Madras University Distance Education Admission 2022
Madras University has an Institute of Distance Education that manages all the matters of distance admissions at the University. Under the domains of Certificate, Diploma, UG, and PG several distance courses are taught. The University offers various disciplines to study your desired program in distance mode. Some of the most popular specializations provided here are Science, Arts, and Management. Within each of the provided admission categories, students are selected on the basis of their previous marks and degrees.
The application portal that runs on its official website is open for students so that they can submit their forms easily. Madras University DDE Admission Last date is 14 August 2022.
- Distance education is commonly provided by universities for UG courses such as BCA, BA, BSc, and BBA. On other hand, PG selections are for courses such as MA, MCA (Lateral Entry), MCA, and MSc.
- Its criteria for enrolling students in the bachelor’s program are especially Merit-based for distance learning.
- Admissions other than entrance exams are just based on one’s performance in the qualifying last exam of graduation degree for becoming eligible for PG admissions with an average score.
- After filling out the application forms the student is required to pay an application fee of INR 200 to the University.
Madras University Distance Education UG Admission
14 August 2022 is the last date of Madras University DDE UG Admission 2022-23. Madras University offers 16 undergraduate courses for distance learning. The list of courses includes BA, B.Sc, BBA, BFA, and B.LIT. The duration of Bachelor’s level programs generally takes 3 years divided into 6 semesters.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for Madras University Distance Education UG Admission, one must have completed 10+2 from a reputed board. Along with this, several other points get added to the eligibility criteria for some specific courses.
The university administers the student through merit scores only for the shortlisting purpose. It means that there will be no entrance exam conducted for the same. Coming to the application process, it takes place in an online mode. All the instructions about the Undergraduate courses are separately mentioned in the e-prospectus provided at Madras University’s official site.
Madras University Distance Education PG Admission
Madras University Distance Education offers PG degrees such as MA, MCom, MCA, MBA, M.Ed, M.Tech, etc. Besides the Undergraduate Courses, the university is committed to educating the students by offering various postgraduate courses in a distance mode. Many youngsters want to take up job responsibilities and their studies simultaneously. For such aspiring students, distance learning is the best option to earn a degree for building a better future.
Coming to the Madras University PG Admission, it is important to fall into the eligibility criteria to apply for the desired PG course. In general, one must hold a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field from a valued university. Except for MCA, the selection will be through merit scores. Admission to MCA will solely depend on the entrance exam performance.
Madras University Distance Education Application Form 2022
The submission process for the form to Madras University Distance Education is online and offline. An applicant interested in applying for the course completed an application form by the closing date.
In-person: A student can go to an office at Madras University to obtain the form and then complete the form. All they need to do is pay a sum of Rs.100or more in cash in the institute or Study Centres in Tamil Nadu / Spot Admission Centres/ Participatory Institutions/ Twinning Centres for Programmes.
Via Post: Students can send their applications by post. For this procedure, a sum of 150 rupees. 150/should be provided by way of a Demand Draft drawn the name of the Director IDE., University of Madras payable at Chennai.
Last but not least, the application form can be filled out and submitted in online mode, too. Students need to go to the university’s official website to pay the cost of the application, which is Rs.100or less.
The following Certificates (Original) should be enclosed while not fail :
- 10th Mark List.
- Intermediate Mark List.
- PG Degree first Year Statement of Marks.
- UG Degree Certificate with Statement of Marks
- Transfer documents from the establishment wherever they completed the primary Year Postgraduate Course.
- Two complete sets of genuine photograph copies of the on top of Format for Post Graduation Lateral admission
- Reproduction of information punctually genuine
Madras University DDE BBA & MBA Courses
|BBA (Banking and Finance)||3 years||12th pass with 45%|
|BBA (Banking and Insurance)|
|BBA (Computer Applications)|
|BBA (Digital Marketing)|
|BBA (Hons.) (Hospitality Management)|
|BBA (Hons.) (Travel and Tourism)|
|BBA (Human Resource Management)|
|BBA (Information Technology)|
|MBA (Hospital Management)||2 years||Graduation|
|MBA in Advertising and Sales Promotion|
|MBA Airline & Airport Management|
|MBA Banking and Finance Management|
|MBA Business Analytics|
|MBA Customer Relationship Management|
|MBA Disaster Management|
|MBA in Export Management|
|MBA Financial Services|
|MBA in Health Care Management|
|MBA Hotel and Tourism Management||BA BBA BCA BSC|
|MBA Information Technology|
|MBA Information System Management|
Madras University Distance Education Fee Structure
|MSc (Information Technology)||2 Years||4500|
|MA (Political Science)||4500|
|MA (Historical Studies)||4500|
|MA (Public Administration)||4500|
|MA (Human Rights)||4500|
|MSc (Medical Sociology)||4500|
|MSc (Counselling Psychology)||4500|
|BA (English)||3 Years||y4500|
|BA (Criminology and Police)||4500|
|BA (Public Administration)||5500|
|BA (Christian Studies)||6000|
|BSc (Medical Sociology)||6000|
|BNat (Naturopathy and Yogic Science)||6000|
|BCom (Computer Application)||6000|
|Diploma in Business Management||1 Years||4,700|
|Master of Business Administration [MBA]||2 Years||21,950|
|Post Graduate Diploma||1 Years||4,650|
|Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com]||3 Years||15,395|
|Diploma in Commerce||1 Year||4,650|
|Master of Commerce [M.Com]||2 Years||10,900|
Madras University Distance Education Exam Time Table 2022
The examination schedule for various ug, master, certificate & diploma programs has been uploaded on the official portal of IDE, Madras University. Students looking for the examination Time table 2022 can check at @exam.unom.ac.in. Madras University Distance Education Exam Time Table 2022 is now available on the website for the Dec session. The examination will be held on April 2022.
Madras University DDE Affiliated Colleges List
|Loyola College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1925||Private|
|MOP Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1992||Private|
|Institute for Financial Management and Research||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1970||Private|
|Dr Ambedkar Government Law College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1891||Government|
|Presidency College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||–||Government|
|Chennai School of Business Excellence, Tada||Society, Andhra Pradesh||2007||Private|
|Dr MGR Janaki College of Arts and Science for Women||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1996||Private|
|Music Institute of Management, Royapettah||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1987||Private|
|Vel Tech Ranga Sanku Arts College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1998||Private|
|Women’s Christian College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1915||Private|
|The Central Law College, Salem||Salem, Tamil Nadu||1984||Government|
|Stella Maris College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1947||Private|
|New College Institute of Management, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1951||Government|
|Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1948||Private|
|Mohamed Sathak College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1991||Private|
|Valliammal College for Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1987||Private|
|Anna Adarsh College for Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1985||Private|
|Tagore College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1999||Private|
|SIVET College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1966||Government|
|Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1946||Private|
|Queen Mary’s College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1914||Private|
|Pachaiyappa’s College, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||–||Private|
|Meenakshi College for Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1975||Private|
|Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1994||Private|
|St Thomas College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1999||Private|
|Sri Muthukumaran College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||2001||Private|
|Sindhi College of Arts and Science, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1991||Private|
|SDNB Vaishnav College For Women, Chennai||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1968||Private|
Madras University DDE Faculty
|Name of the University||Designation||Department|
|Dr R. Panchal||Professor||Department Of Commerce|
|Dr M. Sargunavathi||Associate Professor||Department Of Tamil|
|Dr B. Devamaindan||Assistant Professor||Department Of Management Studies|
|Dr. S. Thenmozhi||Assistant Professor||Department Of Psychology|
|Dr. S. Sasikala||Assistant Professor||Department Of Computer Science|
|Dr. T.R.Gopalakrishnan||Assistant Professor||Department Of Mass Communication|
|Dr. S. Sasikala||Assistant Professor||Department Of Computer Science|
|Dr. R. Mathaiyan||Associate Professor||Department Of Political Science|
- SC and ST students/students who pursue their studies during this Institute are eligible for compensation of the fees from the government. of Tamil Nadu.
- They are conjointly eligible for an annual allowance of Rs.500/- towards purchasing prescribed books. Any details during this affiliation are often obtained from the Nodal Officer, SC/ST Special Cell, Institute of Distance Education, Madras University, Chepauk, Chennai – 600 005.
- The eligible SC/ST students’ area unit is directed to submit the SC/ST scholarship throughout their study at IDE (SC/ST Cell). It’ll not be accepted when the amount of reflection at IDE is below any circumstances.
- “SC/ST students are directed to submit the Photostat copy of the primary page of his / her Bank Pass Book and details of Name, Account No, IFSC Code No, MICR Code No, Name of the Bank, Branch, Branch Code No. and therefore the Photocopy of the Aadhaar Card ought to be equipped form for ECS purposes.”
- Visually impaired or otherwise physically challenged students will avail themselves of the government Scholarship for the Disabled. The District Rehabilitation Officer also obtained the prescribed kind within the districts involved for compensation of non-refundable fees.
Madras University Distance Education Institute Placements
IDE offers the option of a placement cell, which offers numerous internships and placements for its pupils. Some of the major recruiters who participate include ICICI Bank, Home First Finance, HDFC Bank, and Omega Healthcare Management Services, among other companies. On average, 60% of students can be placed in each year.
How to Get Consolidated Mark Statement?
- Step 1: Firstly, Download Consolidated Mark Statement Application online.
- Step 2: The candidate will fill the application form & attached it with Course Provisional, Completion & Degree Certificates to other payment gateways.
- Step 3: Then, students have to pay Rs.1500 for Consolidated Mark Statement.
- Step 4: At last, submit the form to the Examination Section.
How to Get Madras University Distance Education Duplicate ID Card?
- Step 1: Download Duplicate ID Card for the Application form
- Step 2: Then fill the application form & attach your passport size photo.
- Step 3: Students will pay Rs.100 for duplicate ID cards to other payment gateways.
- Step 4: At last, submit the form to the respective Section.
Madras University Examination Centre Notification
- Chennai City Centres (UG / BLIS / MLIS / Diploma & Certificate Courses)
- Chennai City Centres (PG (MA, M.Sc, M.Com)
- Chennai City Centres (MBA, MCA, M.Sc (IT))
- Foreign Centres
- Other States Centres
- Mofussil Centres
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 What is the date by which you can apply to submit an online application to apply for Madras University Distance Education?
Ans The deadline for submitting admission forms for different UG, Diploma, and PG courses is already over on September, 2022. The submissions started on August, 2022, and many interested students submitted their forms before the deadline.
Q.2 What courses are available under the Madras University Distance Education 2022?
Answer: There is seventy-five different courses available under the Madras University Distance Education 2022. Among which 16 are undergraduate courses and 22 are Postgraduate and 37 Diploma & Certificate courses.
Q.3 What’s the process for applying for admission into Madras University Distance Education 2022?
Answer: As of now, no admissions are being offered. As soon as UNOM announces any updates regarding this, students can submit applications to Madras University Distance Education offline and online according to their preferences.
Q.4 What is the cost students must pay for the application form to be considered for Madras University Distance Education admission?
Ans: A Application cost of Rs.150 is payable for applicants who apply via the post, whereas students applying online have to pay Rs.100/as an application fee to Madras University distance education 2022.
Q.5 Are I have to take an entrance test to gain UNOM admission into IDE?
Ans No, at the Madras University, Institute of Distance Education Admission is granted to students first-come, first basis.
Madras University DDE Contact Details
- Address: Navalar Nagar, Chepauk, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005, India
- Phone: 044 2539 9422
- Email: email@example.com
- Source: Official Website
Be the first to leave a review.