MKU Distance Education Admission 2023: Madurai Kamaraj University is located in Tamilnadu and offers several programs in distance mode. Apart from regular education, the University is also known to offer distance education. MKU Distance Education Admission is ongoing for the academic session 2023. The application form submission deadline is 30 September 2023. Students interested in applying for UG, PG, PG diploma, and certificate programs in distance mode will get the application form at the official website.
MKU Distance Education Admission Latest Update
- MKU admission for the 2023 session is going on. The admission deadline is 30 September 2023. Source
MKU Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||Madurai Kamaraj University (MKU DDE)|
|Approved For admission Abroad||Yes (MHRD)|
|Contact University||044 2229 0742|
|Application Form||Rs. 500/-|
|Application Form Fee (by post)||Rs.600/-|
|Fees Submit||Cash, DD|
MKU Distance Education Admission 2023-24
MKU has started taking online applications for UG, PG, diploma, and PG Diploma programs for the 2023-24 session. The last date to register for the application form is 30 September 2023. Madurai Kamaraj University is an institution in India that offers distance learning courses in a variety of fields. There is a Directorate of Distance Education at the University that facilitates low-cost distance learning with ease of access for the needy students of the University. Additionally, the University offers distance learning programs in addition to undergraduate and graduate programs.
Among the distance education courses offered by MKU are 10 certificates, 21 diplomas, 44 PG diplomas, and 12 UG courses. Neither the UGC nor DEB recognizes distance learning courses. It is preferred that students submit their applications online.
MKU Distance Education UG Admission
UG admission is going on for the session 2023. 30 September 2023 is the deadline to register for the application form. In terms of UG courses, MKU Distance Education offers a wide range of course options to candidates. There are various UG courses like BA, BBA, BCA, BCom, BSc, etc available at the university. To be eligible for admission to UG courses, students should have a 12th-passed certificate from any recognized board in India. The following is a brief overview of the undergraduate courses offered by the university:
|BA||Passed 10+2 level examination or equivalent in relevant stream or subjects from a recognized Board of India||Economics, English, History, Journalism & Mass Communication, Political Science, Tamil, Sociology|
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA), 3-year time span and is designed to teach 10+2 qualified candidates with computer taught as one of the major subjects. The fee is about INR 15500/-.
- Bachelors of Literature (B.Lit), specifically taught in Tamil Literature for interested students. It’s a 3-year long course for which candidates must have passed the 12th examination. Its tuition cost is INR 13000/-.
- Bachelor of Library Science and Information (B.Lib.I.Sc), three years is the Minimum duration, students who have passed intermediate with a 50% score and are interested can apply to this course having a fee of INR 17000/-.
- Bachelors of Education (B.Ed), students interested in the field of education can take this Course after they have qualified for the eligibility criteria. The fee in MKU is INR 25000/-. To get admission to the Bachelor of Education (BEd) course, a student should have a bachelor’s degree from any UGC-approved University. A minimum of 50% marks are also required.
MKU Distance Education PG Admission
Admission Process for PG courses has been started at MKU. The admission deadline for the PG program is 30 September 2023. MKU Distance Education offers many courses to candidates at the PG level. A short account of PG courses offered by the university is given below:
|MA||Graduation in relevant stream||Tamil, History, Political science, Economics, Sociology, Journalism & Mass Communication|
|MBA||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline||–|
|MCA||Any degree in Mathematics at plus 2 level||–|
|M.Lib.Sc||Degree in Library & Information Science from any University||–|
- Masters of Arts (MA), a PG course with 2 years, this admission is granted to students holding a BS or other UG degree. INR 19000/- is the fee.
- Masters of Science (MSc), at least 45-50% marks have been obtained by candidates to take this course. There is a fee of INR 20500/- for this distance course.
- Masters of Computer Applications (MCA), BCA is required to be completed by the candidate with approximately 50% marks. The course fee is INR 23000/-.
|Admission to Diploma|
|Time:||6 months to 3 years.|
|Eligibility:||Graduation is compulsory.|
|Choice Mode:||Admissions are granted on a merit basis.|
|Specializations: Some specializations given for management aspirants that needed to apply for:||Retail Management|
|Human Resource Management|
|Information Technology Management|
|Finance & Marketing Management|
MKU Distance Education Application Form 2023
MKU has released the application form for distance education courses for the session. On the official website of MKU Distance Education, you can find the application form for admission to various UG and PG courses. The application form must be filled out before the deadline for admission. The details must be accurate and in the correct format. You must use the name and date of birth on your 10th grade certificate.
MKU Distance Education admits students based on merit. In all courses, candidates are chosen based on their grades and other qualifications.
How to apply to a course at MKU DDE?
- Fill out the application form for the appropriate course.
- The cost of UG/PG Diploma/Diploma/Certificate courses is INR 300/-, while PG courses are INR 400/-.
- A notification will be sent to those whose applications have been approved shortly.
- If selected, finish the application process and pay the fees.
Documents Required for MKU Distance Education
- SSLC, HSE mark statement.
- Consolidated Statement of Marks / Grade certificate and provisional certificate.
- Transfer certificate, Conduct certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied Community certificate.
- Income certificate obtained three months before the date of advertisement (for SC/ST/Blind candidates only)
- Suppose selected under the particular category, the relevant certificate. The university may require other certifications.
MKU Distance Education Fee Structure
|Undergraduate courses||Postgraduate courses|
|Courses||Total Fee (Tentative)||Courses||Total Fee (Tentative)|
|B.A.||Rs 7,500||M.A||Rs 10,000|
|B.Sc.||Rs 21,000 to 30,000||M.Com.||Rs 6,000|
|B.Com.||Rs 7,500 to 12,000||M.B.A.||Rs 12,000|
|B.Lit.||Rs 7,500||M.Sc.||Rs 15,000 to 30,000|
|B.B.A||Rs 12,000||M.L.I.Sc. (1 Year)||Rs 10,000|
|B.C.A.||Rs 30,000||MCA||Rs 30,000|
|B.L.I.Sc. (1 Year)||Rs 6,000|
|B.Ed. (2 Years)||Rs 37,000|
|PG Diploma courses|
|Courses||Total Fee (Tentative)||Courses||Total Fee (Tentative)|
|Information & Communication Laws||Rs 5,000||Retail Management||Rs 7,000|
|Labour Laws & Administrative Law||Rs 5,000||Marketing Management||Rs 7,000|
|Consumer Laws||Rs 5,000||Financial Management||Rs 7,000|
|School Administration||Rs 5,000||Systems Management||Rs 7,000|
|Retail Management||Rs 5,000||Human Resource Management||Rs 7,000|
|Management||Rs 5,000||Operations and Project Management||Rs 7,000|
|Marketing Management||Rs 5,000||Logistic Supply Chain Management||Rs 7,000|
|Hospital Management||Rs 5,000||Computer Application (PGDCA)||Rs 10,000|
|Entrepreneurship Development||Rs 5,000||Health Information Management||Rs 10,000|
|NGO Management||Rs 5,000||Radiography and Imaging Technology||Rs 10,000|
|Public Relations Management||Rs 5,000||Pharmaceutical Chemistry||Rs 10,000|
|Criminology & Police Administration||Rs 5,000||Hospital Laboratory Technology||Rs 10,000|
|Journalism and Mass Communication||Rs 5,000||Hospital Documentation Management||Rs 10,000|
|Advertising and Public Relations||Rs 5,000||Tourism Management||Rs 10,000|
|Guidance and Counseling||Rs 5,000||Hotel Management||Rs 10,000|
|Psychological Counseling||Rs 5,000||Immuno techniques||Rs 12,000|
|Women’s Studies||Rs 5,000||Environmental Health||Rs 12,000|
|Human Rights||Rs 5,000||Environmental Health & Hygiene||Rs 12,000|
|English Language Teaching||Rs 5,000||Environmental Molecular Diagnostics||Rs 12,000|
|Personnel Management and Industrial Relations||Rs 7,000||Industrial Microbiology||Rs 12,000|
|Actuarial Management||Rs 7,000||Nutrition and Dietetics||Rs 12,000|
|Industrial and Company Law||Rs 7,000||Biostatistics||Rs 12,000|
|International Business Management||Rs 7,000||Multimedia Technology||Rs 18,000|
|Indian Stock Market||Rs 7,000|
MKU Distance Education Contact Details
- Address: Palkalai Nagar, Madurai – 625021 Tamil Nadu, India
- Phone: -2458832
- Email: email@example.com
- Source: Official Website
Some Other Distance Education University
MKU Distance Education (FAQ)
Ques 1: Is Madurai Kamaraj University approved by UGC?
Ans. Yes, this MKU Distance Education is approved by the UGC (University Grant Commission).
Ques 2: How will students get admission?
Ans. Candidates can get admission to the University from the official website.
Ques 3: Madurai Kamaraj University, which types of courses provide?
Ans. MK University provides many undergraduate, postgraduate, etc.
Ques 4: How can I take admission to MKU DDE?
Ans. Students can take online admission and also can visit the study center for admission. There are lots of study centers available in Tamil Nadu.
Ques 5: What is the minimum time of the BSc degree program?
Ans: It is generally 36 months.
Ques 6: When was the university set up?
Ans: The university was set up in the year 1971.
Ques 7: Who funds the university?
Ans: The university is funded by govt.
Be the first to leave a review.