Tamil University Distance Education Admission?: After the January 2020 session, Tamil University will no longer provide UGC-approved distance education courses. It offers UG, PG, Diploma, and certificate programs with various specializations. Interested candidates for admission must apply before the last date of admission. For more information, kindly visit the official website of the University.
It was established in the year 1981. This University established the Centre for Education in the year 2006. It aims to spread the Tamil language and culture to interested people far away from Tamil Nadu. It is located in Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu. Acupuncture, Bharathanatyam, Music, and MA, BSc, and MSc courses are available for students.
Tamil University Highlights
|University Name||Tamil University|
|Location||Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu|
|Approved By||UGC, DEB|
Tamil University Distance Education Admission?
UGC DEB has not given approval to Tamil University for providing any program in distance mode. So that students seeking at Tamil University can apply in regular mode only. Admission for the new session is about to start for various UG and PG courses in numerous specializations. Students interested in applying have to visit the University or can apply through the official website.
There is also diploma and post-graduate diploma courses available at TU. Students are selected directly for courses based on their merits and without any admission test. The offline mode of applications is here for students and in this way, they can get the forms from the University and submit it back to the admin office of Tamil University.
- A graduate degree is needed to get merit selection in the case of the PG courses and also the B.Ed and PG diploma program. In all cases one needs to secure a minimum score of 50% and a score above it will be preferred.
- The candidates who want to be admitted to the Diploma program need to accomplish at least HSC or equivalent qualification.
- A remittance of INR 250/- will be made in favour of Tamil University in any branch of the Bank of India.
Tamil University Offer Courses
Tamil University provides a variety of courses at the UG, PG, Diploma, and Certificate levels. By visiting the university’s official website, aspirants can select their preferred subject and apply.
|Bachelor’s Degree Courses||Masters Degree Courses||Diploma Courses||Certificate Courses|
|BA Tamil- (three years)||MA Tamil||Music teacher training||Tamil Practice Training|
|BA Tamil literature – (three years)||MA Bharathanatyam||Herbal science||Yoga|
|BA Bharathanatyam – (three years)||MA English||Medical herbal beauty||Library and information science|
|BA English- (three years)||MA Yoga||Astrology||Acupuncture|
|B.Com. Commerce- (three years)||MBA||Trained teacher of Bharatnatyam||Graphics and colorings|
|BBA – (three years)||M.Sc. Geography||Yoga teacher training||Music|
|BCA – (three years)||M.Sc. Psychology||Bharathanatyam||Bharathanatyam|
|B.Sc. Mathematics- (three years)||M.Sc. Botany||Instrumental music (veena, violin, flute, nathaswaram)||Instrumental music (Mirumangalam, David)|
|BA History- (three years)||MA History||Instrumental music (Mirumangalam, David)||Cuvatiyiyal|
|BA Tamilnadu (Three years)||MA Tamilisai||Traditional Tamil medicine||Mental in mathematics|
|B.Sc. Psychology- (three years)||M.Sc. Environmental science||Brain Integration into mental learning in Mathematics|
|B.Sc. Geography- (three years)||M.Sc. Mathematics||Fire prevention and protection systems|
|B.Sc. Botany (three years)||BSW Social Work||Epigraphy|
|PCA (Lateral entry)||MLIS Library and Information Technology||Temple Teacher Training|
|BLIS Library and Information Technology (one year)||Science of touchscreen|
|B.Ed Bachelor of Science (Two years)||Koyirkattatakkalai|
|Graphics and colorings|
|Stage show collection|
Tamil University Faculty
|Name of Faculty||Designation||Department|
|Dr. S. Karpagam||Assistant Professor||Department Of Music|
|Dr. R. Madhavi||Assistant Professor,||Department Of Music|
|Dr. G. Pazhanivelu||Assistant Professor,||Department Of Education|
|Dr. R. Muthaiyan||Assistant Professor||Department Of Education|
|Dr. R. Kamaraj||Assistant Professor||Department Of Literature|
|Dr. K. K. Kavitha||Assistant Professor||Department Of Environmental & Herbal Science|
|K. Ravikumar||Assistant Professor||Department Of Computer Science|
Tamil University Distance Education Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Admission to a UG program: Students must pass higher secondary education from a recognized institution.
- Admission to a PG program: Students must have completed a graduation/bachelor’s degree from a recognized board of education.
Tamil University Distance Education PG Courses
Tamil University offers various courses to students in distance learning mode. The University provides MA, MLIS, M.Com, MBA, and MSc in various specializations. Candidates must complete their Bachelor’s or graduation degree in a relevant discipline from a reputed and recognized institute. Admission to PG programs is based on the merit score.
Tamil University Admission Process
Candidates who want to apply for admission to any of the UG/PG/Diploma/Certificate courses at Tamil Nadu University can follow the steps given below:
- Firstly an aspirant needs to visit the official site of the university.
- Now, tap on the “Apply Now” button.
- Fill out the application form carefully and mention all the mandatory details.
- Submit it to get the login ID and Password that you receive in your mail or phone text.
- Login with the credentials pay the application fee and click on submit.
Tamil University Distance Education Results?
The university published the results of the main, Revaluation, and Supplementary semester exams on the official portal. A certificate and mark sheet is provided to candidates who have passed the examination. Candidates can view the results of the semester website on the official portal.
Tamil University Contact Details
- Address: Distance Education Directorate Tamil University, Vagai Campus, Trichy Road, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu – 613010, India
- Contact Number: +91 4362 227845, +91 4362 227152
- E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source: Official Website
FAQs of Tamil University Distance Education
Q Is Tamil University eligible to offer courses in Distance Education?
Ans No, As per the UGC-DEB Guidelines, Tamil University is not eligible to provide admission in distance education mode.
Some Other University
- Madras University Distance Education
- Bharathidasan University Distance Education
- Anna University Distance Education
- MSU Distance Education
Note: According to UGC-DEB notifications and guidelines, Tamil University doesn’t offer admission to any UGC-approved distance education course after January 2020 session. The purpose of this article is to share information.
Be the first to leave a review.