MSc Food Technology Distance Education: MSc Food Technology is a two-year PG course offered in distance mode at various institutes in India. This MSc program is aimed to provide students with a fundamental grasp of food processing, packaging, and hygiene. The training also covers how to understand the nutritional components of various foods.
Students who pursue an MSc in Food Technology are better able to investigate the genetic makeup of plants and crops and identify other sources of the nutrients needed by humans. It is a sophisticated course with applications in the agricultural industry.
- MSc Food Technology Distance Education admission is going on at IGNOU. The admission deadline is 31 Jan 2023. (Click Here)
- AMITY University will soon open its distance MSc admission window for the 2023 session.
- MSc Distance Admission will start soon at Kurukshetra University for the 2023 session.
Aspiring candidates who want to study in an advanced-level MSc program in Food Technology are required to meet its eligibility requirements. The eligibility criteria for this MSc course in various institutes are mentioned below:
- The applicant for MSc Food Technology Program must complete Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or a related stream ( BSc, BSc Food Technology, BSc Food Nutrition, etc.).
- Minimum 50% marks in graduation degree are mandatory for aspirants of this distance PG course.
- Vacant seats for this course are filled on the basis of UG degree marks (merit-based).
The fee structure for MSc FT through distance mode is cheaper than regular. The tuition cost for this MSc distance learning course starts from INR 14,000 to 40,000 per annum.
Distance MSc Food Technology Highlights
|Course Name||MSc Food Technology|
|Eligibility||BSc in any discipline|
|Duration||2 to 4 years|
INR 14,000 to 40,000 per annum.
|Admission Process||Online & Offline|
MSc Food Technology Distance Education Admission Process 2023
There is a simple procedure for applying to the distance MSc Food Technology Program. Most institutes are accepting online applications for this program’s enrollment, and the application steps are given below:
- Select the best university for MSc Food Technology Program and open its website.
- Go to the PG Admissions tab and register as a new applicant.
- After login into the application portal and select MSc Food Technology Program.
- Click on the proceed button.
- A new page containing the application form for MSc FT admission will open. Fill in all the required info.
- Pay the online application fee for the MSc Food Technology application form and submit its registration form.
MSc Food Technology Distance Education Syllabus
1st Year Syllabus Details
|1||FOOD CHEMISTRY||1ST YEAR|
|2||FOOD ENGINEERING||1ST YEAR|
|3||FOOD MICROBIOLOGY||1ST YEAR|
|4||FOOD PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY||1ST YEAR|
|5||PRINCIPLES OF CEREAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY||1ST YEAR|
|6||FRUIT AND VEGETABLE PROCESSING||1ST YEAR|
2nd Year Syllabus Details
|1||UNIT OPERATIONS IN FOOD ENGINEERING||2ND YEAR|
|2||FOOD ANALYSIS: THEORY AND PRACTICE||2ND YEAR|
|3||FUNDAMENTALS OF FOOD BIOTECHNOLOGY||2ND YEAR|
|4||NUTRITION AND DIET THERAPY||2ND YEAR|
|5||DAIRY SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY||2ND YEAR|
|6||PRACTICAL II||2ND YEAR|
Advantages of Distance MSc Food Technology
- The timetable and amount of study time are freely planned by a student enrolled in a distance learning MSc in Food Technology.
- The capacity to learn any place. Since they simply require an Internet connection, students pursuing an MSc in the remote mod are not constrained by time or place.
Educational Scope of MSc Food Technology Distance Education
Candidates, after successful completion of the MSc Food Technology Distance Programme, can go for the higher course because this program has an extraordinary educational scope. The advanced level studies after this MSc are:
- M.Phil Food Science
- M.Phil Food Technology
- Ph.D. Food Preservation
- Ph.D. Food Technology
- Ph.D. Food and Nutrition
Recruitment areas of the MSc Food Technology Distance Education
This advanced-level study program can give a bright future to its professionals. The graduates of MSc FT can get employment in multiple sectors. Some most known sectors are:
- Food Industries
- Food Research Institutes
- Food Technology Research
- Educational Institutes
- Agricultural Fields
- Civil Services etc.
Top MSc Distance Education Universities
- Nalanda Open University
- Jaipur National University
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar open University
- Chandigarh University
- Amity University
- Karnataka State Open University
- Delhi University(DU)
- University of Mumbai
- Netaji Subhas Open University
- Mahatma Gandhi University
Be the first to leave a review.