MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education: MSc Nutrition & Dietetics is a two-year PG degree offered in distance mode at various institutes in India. The principles of Nutrition and how it affects the human body in daily life are the main topics of this MSc program.
The goal of the distance-learning MSc in Nutrition & Dietetics program is to develop experts in the field of Nutrition and dietetics who are recognized for their practical and public health abilities in order to enhance the public’s health and quality of life.
- Admission for the Master of Science or MSc course for the 2024 session will shortly begin at Indira Gandhi National Open University. 28 February 2024 (tentative) will be the expected deadline to apply at IGNOU.
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||MSc Nutrition & Dietetics|
|Eligibility||BSc in any discipline|
|Duration||2 to 4 years|
|Course Fee||INR 15,000 to 35,000 annually.|
|Admission Process||Online & Offline|
Distance MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Admission Process 2023
To apply for admission to a reputable university that offers a distance-learning MSc in Nutrition and dietetics, use the following instructions:
- Browse the website to which you want to apply for MSc Nutrition & Dietetics
- Go to the online application portal of that institute and get register with it.
- After registration, log in to the same portal and select PG distance programs.
- Choose MSc Nutrition & Dietetics and start filling out the application form for it.
- Pay the online application fee for this MSc and upload its voucher along with the application.
- Submit distance MSc Nutrition & Dietetics course application form.
Before applying for MSc Nutrition & Dietetics, students must fulfill its eligibility requirements. The eligibility requirements for this MSc course at various institutes in India are given below:
- Completing a minimum UG degree in Nutrition is an essential eligibility requirement for applying to distance MSc Nutrition & Dietetics course.
- Students must have at least 50% marks aggregate in UG degree. BSc Home Science, BSc Nutrition etc., are acceptable for admission.
- Being a distance program, the MSc Nutrition & Dietetics enrollments are merit-based.
As a distance course, this MSc program is cost-friendly. The MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education course cost for admission to the best universities distance-learning MSc in Nutrition and Dietetics program ranges from INR 15,000 to 35,000 annually.
Top MSc Distance Education Universities
- UPRTOU Distance Education
- Delhi University(DU)
- University of Mumbai
- Mumbai University
- Nalanda Open University
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University
- Chandigarh University
- Amity University
- Mahatma Gandhi University
- Nalanda Open University
- Jaipur National University
M.Sc Nutrition and Dietetics Distance Education IGNOU
Admission to MSc Nutrition and Dietetics programme is not offered by IGNOU but the university offers admission to a similar programme named MSc Dietetics & Food Service Management and MSc Food & Nutrition at the fee range of Rs 16,500 per year. Students who want to apply for the MSc Nutrition and Dietetics course can for admission before the last date of 20 October 2023.
M.Sc Nutrition and Dietetics Distance Education KSOU
Not exactly MSc Nutrition and Dietetics distance education but students can pursue an MSc Food and Nutrition Science course in distance learning mode from Karnataka State Open University. Admission to this programme currently open at this university, students are able to apply until 30 September 2023.
Candidates seeking admission to MSc Nutrition and Dietetics distance education courses can apply for the given similar programme at KSOU after completion of a graduation degree in the relevant stream.
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Syllabus
1st Year Syllabus Details
|1||Fundamentals of Food Science||1ST YEAR|
|2||Nutritional Biochemistry||1ST YEAR|
|3||Human Physiology||1ST YEAR|
|4||Food preservation and Food Microbiology||1ST YEAR|
|5||Community Nutrition||1ST YEAR|
|6||Human Nutrition||1ST YEAR|
|7||PRACTICAL I||1ST YEAR|
2nd Year Syllabus Details
|1||Life Cycle Nutrition||2ND YEAR|
|2||Medical Nutrition and Management||2ND YEAR|
|3||Diet Therapy||2ND YEAR|
|4||Food Safety and Food Service Management||2ND YEAR|
|5||Sensory Evaluation and Culinary Science||2ND YEAR|
|6||PRACTICAL IV||2ND YEAR|
Advantages of MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance learning
- With this MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education, you may schedule your classes around any other obligations you might have.
- MSc Nutrition & Dietetics course can be available for you to begin at any moment. Or there can be a selection of start dates.
- You might choose to learn independently, especially if you haven’t previously loved learning in a classroom.
Educational Scope After Distance MSc Nutrition & Dietetics
The Distance MSc Nutrition and Dietetics Degree holders typically choose to work or pursue additional higher education after completing this PG program. Following this course, some of the most common educational options are listed below:
- M.Phil Nutrition
- Ph.D. Nutrition
- Ph.D. Nutrition and Dietetics
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Scope
After completing a Master in Nutrition and Dietetics distance education program, students are able to find different jobs in the industry. Dietitians, nutritionists, nutrition product managers, nutritionists, dietitians, and nutritionists with a master’s degree can find employment. An undergraduate degree in Nutrition and Dietetics can earn between Rs 2 lakhs and Rs 10 lakhs as a starting salary after completing the program.
Recruitment Area For Distance MSc Nutrition & Dietetics
An MSc in Nutrition and Dietetics can lead to a variety of career prospects. Following your MSc in Nutrition & Dietetics, you can choose from the following list of common career paths.
- Health care
- Nutrition Research
- Educational Institutes
- Civil Services
Other Specializations of MSc Distance Education
MSc Nutrition and Dietetics Distance Education India
In India, a Master of Science or MSc in Nutrition and Dietetics in distance learning mode is a popular degree program of duration 3 years. It is an undergraduate degree that candidates can pursue after completion of a BSc or equivalent degree in the relevant stream. Admission to the MSc Nutrition and Dietetics correspondence course is offered directly by most of the universities in India. There is no need to take an entrance exam. The course is available at the fee range of INR 15,000 to 35,000 per year.
MSc Nutrition and Dietetics Distance Education in Tamilnadu
There are 9 UGC and DEB-approved universities located in Tamil Nadu, the state of India. That offered admission to distance education courses. Following are details of that universities:
- Anna University Distance Education
- BSAU Distance Education
- Bharathidasan University DDE
- Kalaslingum University distance education
- MS University Distance Education
- Tamilnadu Open University
- University of Madras DDE
- Satyabhama Institute of Science & Technology Distance Education
Note: Here it is notable to all the students looking for MSc Nutrition and Dietetics distance education admission in 2023. No one listed above of this para is offering this program in Tamilnadu at present.
FAQs of MSc Nutrition and Dietetics Distance education
Q. Can we do MSc Nutrition and Dietetics distancs distance education?
Ans: Candidates who pass a BSc nutrition and Dietetics or an equivalent UG degree can apply for admission to Distance MSc Nutrition and Dietetics programme. Taking this PG degree via distance mode is possible.
Be the first to leave a review.