MSc Nursing Distance Education: MSc Nursing course is not offered in India in distance learning mode according to the UGC guidelines, but some international universities offer admission to this programme in the ODL mode. MSc Nursing is a PG-level course offered through distance mode for two years. This PG course focuses on providing for the patient’s physical and emotional needs while assisting them in leading fulfilling lives.
MSc Nursing Distance Education Latest Updates: February 2024
- MSc Nursing admission will start soon in the DDE mode for the next academic session; we will let you know when admission starts.
- In India, there is no any university that offers admission to the MSc Nursing through the distance mode.
- In India, UGC has not approved to take admission for the MSc Nursing course in the DDE mode.
There are many benefits to pursuing an MSc in Nursing through distance mode. One of the most well-liked nursing programs in India is the MSc in Nursing, which prepares students to work as nurses in various environments. One of the most crucial things for a student to concentrate on is the course syllabus, which aids in concentration during exam time.
Check Also: Distance MBA
To be admitted to this distance learning program, candidates must meet the requirements for the MSc Nursing program. Candidates need to know that requirements vary from institution to institution. Our course prerequisites are listed below, however.
- The MSc Nursing Distance Education program applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in nursing or a related stream (BSc Nursing, BSc Medical Technology, BSc, etc., are acceptable).
- A minimum cumulative score of 55% is often required for admission to a distance-learning MSc in Nursing. Minimum requirements for various colleges vary.
M.Sc. Nursing admissions will be based on UG degree merit for candidates after earning their BSc Nursing degree.
The MSc Nursing Distance Education course fee structure is pocket-friendly; most students can afford it. The average tuition fee for this MSc at various institutes ranges between INR 34,000 to 50,000 annually.
Distance MSc Nursing Highlights
|BSc in any discipline
|2 to 4 years
|INR 34,000 to 50,000 per year.
|Online & Offline
More Distance Courses
MSc Nursing Distance Education Admission Process 2024
If the instructions are followed, the application procedure for universities offering MSc Nursing Distance Education courses is extremely straightforward. The following are the steps for the online application:
- Visit the website of the university to which you want to apply for the MSc Nursing distance program
- On the homepage, look for the admission portal and open it.
- After opening the portal, sign up with the required details
- After registration, log in to the admission portal and enter PG program admissions.
- Select MSc Nursing and start filling out the application form for admissions.
- Make online payment for the application fee and upload the voucher along with the application form.
MSc Nursing Distance Education Syllabus
Note: UGC does not approve MSc Nursing Distance Education. Students can check the UGC guidelines for more information.
1st Year Syllabus Details
|Curriculum Development in Nursing Education
|Foundations of Nursing Research
2nd Year Syllabus Details
|Principles of Public Health Administration
|Social Research Methods
|Nursing Theories and Nursing Practice
Advantages of MSc Nursing Distance learning
- Distance learning in the MSc Nursing program has a lot of potential, especially for more experienced students who have a strong desire to achieve and are content to be in command of their own education.
- In this MSc program, distance learning is a very practical and easy way to learn.
Educational Scope After Distance MSc Nursing
The MSc Nursing offered in distance mode is quite useful for those working in the area. It alone increases the career and breadth of employment due to its many specialties and opportunities for additional education. Higher study options after this master’s degree are:
- M.Phil Nursing
- Ph.D. Nursing
MSc Nursing Distance Education in India
Several famous and reputed universities in India provide MSc Nursing distance learning courses. Admission at some universities is based on an entrance exam, while in some other universities, admission is based on academic performance. For admission to the MSc Nursing Distance Education course, students should have completed their 12th grade with Science, with Biology as their main subject. Before taking admission to the MSc Nursing Distance Education program, Students should check the university’s fee structure.
MSc Nursing Distance Education in Kerala
MSc Nursing in distance learning is offered by Numerous Universities and Institutes in Kerala. Admission is based on the entrance exam and is merit-based at some universities. Candidates are required to the eligible for 12th with 50% aggregate in the science stream and Biology is the main subject in the intermediate. They can also check the university’s reputation, fee structure, and admission process before taking admission.
Recruitment Area For Distance MSc Nursing
After completing the distance MSc in nursing degree, students will have several work options. Students will have to make their careers in both government and private areas. Not only in India but after completing this master’s program, students will be able to get a job anywhere in the world. Below are some top job areas where students will get the job.
- Nursing Homes
- Educational Institutes
- Health Care Institutes.
Top 5 Universities For MSc Distance Education
- Madras Distance
- Kuvempu University Distance
- University of Mumbai distance
- Nalanda Open University
- Annamalai University
Note: UGC does not approve MSc Nursing Distance Education. Students can check the UGC guidelines for more information. And those who want to check out more information can read this article.
FAQs of MSc Nursing Distance
Q: Can I do an MSc in Nursing as a distance education?
Ans: As per UGC guidelines, MSc Nursing can’t be done in distance mode.
Q: What is the duration of the MSc in Nursing program?
Ans: The duration of the MSc in Nursing program is two to four years.
Be the first to leave a review.