MSc Geology Distance Education: MSc Geology is a postgraduate course that has a duration of 2 years in distance learning mode with four semesters. The course provides detailed knowledge about the earth and tells about the formation of the earth, its properties and composition, and the processes that are taking place in it. This course is beneficial to study in distance mode for most candidates who need more time for regular studies.
Distance, MSc Geology course, provides many things to learn and helps students to specialize in a related subject. Its relevant subject specializations are Hydrogeology, natural resource management, geochemistry, economic geology, and so on.
MSc Geology Distance Education Admission updates: February 2024
- According to UGC guidelines, msc geology course is not offered in distance mode by any university in India.
- Whenever UGC change their policies and starts msc geology course in distance mode we will let you know with details.
- MSc geology was done in distance mode by various universities and in the future it may start again.
MSc Geology Distance course provides the most easy and flexible way of learning, and it is pursued after meeting the criteria given:
- To secure admission in the course, having a graduate degree in the related subject is necessary from a known university.
- The minimum score of candidates to be enrolled in this course is about 45-50% on average.
- The entrance exam is not conducted for the distance MSc Geology course.
Distance MSc Geology courses can be pursued from a number of distance colleges or Universities in India with a fee of INR 23000 to 40000 per year.
MSc Geology Distance Education Highlights
|BSc in any discipline
|2 to 4 years
|INR 23000 to 40000 per year.
|Online & Offline
More Distance Courses
MSc Geology Distance Education Admission Process 2024
Students can apply online or offline mode for the distance MSc Geology course. For online application, visit the website of a respected university.
- Open the website of the university to which you want to apply.
- Register on the website with your details as a new candidate.
- Read the instructions carefully and fill in the details in the form.
- Upload the documents that are required in the application form.
- Preview the application form to check before submission.
- Use the online means to pay the application fee.
- Submit the application form. After that, a confirmation mail will be received.
MSc Geology Distance Education Syllabus
1st Year Syllabus Details
|ELEMENTS OF MINERALOGY
|GEOLOGY OF INDIA
|STRUCTURAL GEOLOGY OF ROCKS AND REGION
|SEDIMENTOLOGY AND STRATIGRAPHY
|EVOLUTION OF IGNEOUS ROCKS
2nd Year Syllabus Details
|IGNEOUS AND METAMORPHIC PETROLOGY
|INTRODUCTION TO GEOCHEMISTRY
|ORE GEOLOGY AND INDUSTRIAL MINERAL
|ELEMENTS OF PETROLEUM GEOLOGY
Advantages of distance MSc Geology
- Activities among students are enhanced through the time flexibility of this course.
- It imparts various skills like analytical, reasoning, problem-solving skills, etc.
- Studies can be continued conveniently with effective time management.
- The learners can approach their seniors to get more learning exposure.
- Students can determine their progress and manage results.
MSc Geology Distance Education in Tamil Nadu
MSc Geology in a distance learning program is a demanded and popular career option that teaches Candidates about the scientific knowledge of the earth, rocks, surroundings, and their design. It is a postgraduate program and it takes 2 years to complete. Numerous Universities and well-known institutes and colleges offer distance MSc geology course in Tamil Nadu. Candidates can apply to the university of their choice at the official portal in Tamil Nadu.
Educational Scope After Distance MSc Geology
MSc Geology Distance courses are most effective for career opportunities and higher studies. Students can easily pursue their dreams of a doctorate degree after completing this course.
There are multiple courses that are available for candidates after the completion of the distance MSc Geology course.
In Geology, the course after MSc Geology are:
- Ph.D. in Geology
- Doctor of Science (DSC)
- Certificate course in Geology
Recruitment Area for Distance MSc Geology
After completing the Master of Science in Geology distance education program, students will have the option to select. Either they can select a government area and can get several jobs, including UPSC, or they can get a job in numerous National and Multinational companies with a handsome salary package. Below are some top job posts that will be offered to students after completing the MSc Geology distance education program.
- Environmental Officer
- Mining and Geological Officer
Top MSc Distance Education Universities
- Delhi University(DU)
- University of Mumbai
- Mumbai University
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University
- Chandigarh University
- Amity University
- Karnataka State Open University
- Mahatma Gandhi University
- Nalanda Open University
- Jaipur National University
Be the first to leave a review.