MSc Geology Distance Education: MSc Geology is a postgraduate course that has a duration of 2 years in distance learning mode with four semesters. The course provides detailed knowledge about the earth and tells about the formation of the earth, its properties and composition, and the processes that are taking place in it. This course is beneficial study in distance mode for most of the candidates who do not have enough time for regular studies.
Distance MSc Geology course provides many things to learn and helps students to specialize in a related subject. Its relevant subject specializations are hydrogeology, natural resource management, geochemistry, economic geology, and so on.
- MSc Distance Education admission is going on at IGNOU. The admission deadline is 31 Jan 2023. (Click Here)
- Delhi University will soon open its distance MSc admission window for the 2023 session.
- MSc Distance Admission will start soon at Kurukshetra University for the 2023 session.
MSc Geology Distance course provides the most easy and flexible way of learning, and it is pursued after meeting the criteria given:
- To secure admission in the course, having a graduate degree in the related subject is necessary from a known university.
- The minimum score of candidates to be enrolled in this course is about 45-50% on average.
- The entrance exam is not conducted for the distance MSc Geology course.
Distance MSc Geology courses can be pursued from a number of distance colleges or Universities in India with a fee of INR 23000 to 40000 per year.
MSc Geology Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||MSc Geology|
|Eligibility||BSc in any discipline|
|Duration||2 to 4 years|
|Course Fee||INR 23000 to 40000 per year.|
|Admission Process||Online & Offline|
MSc Geology Distance Education Admission Process 2023
Students can apply online or offline mode for the distance MSc Geology course. For online application, visit the website of a respected university.
- Open the website of the university to which you want to apply.
- Register on the website with your details as a new candidate.
- Read the instructions carefully and fill in the details in the form.
- Upload the documents that are required in the application form.
- Preview the application form to check before submission.
- Use the online means to pay the application fee.
- Submit the application form. After that, a confirmation mail will be received.
MSc Geology Distance Education Syllabus
1st Year Syllabus Details
|1||ELEMENTS OF MINERALOGY||1ST YEAR|
|2||GEOLOGY OF INDIA||1ST YEAR|
|3||STRUCTURAL GEOLOGY OF ROCKS AND REGION||1ST YEAR|
|4||SEDIMENTOLOGY AND STRATIGRAPHY||1ST YEAR|
|5||EVOLUTION OF IGNEOUS ROCKS||1ST YEAR|
2nd Year Syllabus Details
|1||IGNEOUS AND METAMORPHIC PETROLOGY||2ND YEAR|
|2||INTRODUCTION TO GEOCHEMISTRY||2ND YEAR|
|3||ORE GEOLOGY AND INDUSTRIAL MINERAL||2ND YEAR|
|4||GROUNDWATER HYDROLOGY||2ND YEAR|
|5||ELEMENTS OF PETROLEUM GEOLOGY||2ND YEAR|
|6||PRACTICAL II||2ND YEAR|
Advantages of distance MSc Geology
- Activities among students are enhanced through the time flexibility of this course.
- It imparts various skills like analytical, reasoning, problem-solving skills, etc.
- Studies can be continued conveniently with effective time management.
- The learners can approach their seniors to get more learning exposure.
- Students can determine their progress and manage results.
Educational Scope After Distance MSc Geology
MSc Geology Distance courses are most effective for career opportunities and higher studies. Students can easily pursue their dreams of a doctorate degree after completing this course.
There are multiple courses that are available for candidates after the completion of the distance MSc Geology course.
In Geology, the course after MSc Geology are:
- Ph.D. in Geology
- Doctor of Science (DSC)
- Certificate course in Geology
Recruitment Area for Distance MSc Geology
MSc Geology Distance course enables students to be fitted in various recruiting areas. Some of the popular jobs with high salaries for such students are:
- Mining and Geological Officer
- Environmental Officer
Top MSc Distance Education Universities
- Delhi University(DU)
- University of Mumbai
- Mumbai University
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar open University
- Chandigarh University
- Amity University
- Karnataka State Open University
- Mahatma Gandhi University
- Nalanda Open University
- Jaipur National University
Be the first to leave a review.