MSc Agronomy Distance Education: Master of Science in Agronomy is a 2-year PG course offered by remote learning mode. This distance MSc course is intended to give qualified applicants improved knowledge of solutions for sustainable agriculture that will benefit both the environment and people who consume agricultural products.
The right means of communicating with the general public, growers, and other researchers were covered in the MSc Agronomy distance learning course. The field is quickly gaining prominence in the nation due to a rise in the demand for innovative approaches to enhancing sustainable agriculture practices.
- MSc Distance Education Admission is going on at IGNOU. The last date to apply is 31 Jan 2023. (Click Here)
- Mumbai University Distance MSc admission will start soon for the 2023 session.
- Kurukshetra University will soon open its admission window for the Distance Msc 2023 program.
For those students who wish to do further study in Agriculture, this course is a better choice for them. Before applying for this Master’s program, they must meet the eligibility requirements for enrollment. The eligibility criteria set by various institutes for this PG program are:
- The aspiring candidate for MSc Agronomy must have a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or a related stream like BSc Agronomy, BSc Agriculture, BSc Horticulture, etc.
- A minimum of 50% marks in a UG degree is a basic requirement for enrollment in this MSc program.
- The admission procedure for this distance advanced degree in Agronomy is followed by merit of UG degree marks. Only a few institutes may conduct pre-admission exams or interview to determine enrollment merit.
The academic cost for the MSc Agronomy distance program is less. The poor and needy students can get admission to this course. The average tuition cost of this PG degree starts from INR 15,000 to 29,000 in multiple distance learning institutes in India.
MSc Agronomy Distance Education Admission Highlights
|Course Name||MSc Agronomy|
|Eligibility||BSc in any discipline|
|Duration||2 to 4 years|
|Course Fee||INR 15,000 to INR 29,000|
|Admission Process||Online & Offline|
Distance MSc Agronomy Admission Process 2023
Before getting admission to any institute, you have to fill out an application form. For enrollment in MSc Agronomy Distance Education course, you also have to fill out this form. The form for admission can be filled in online and offline modes. The online application method for this PG course is mentioned below:
- Choose the best Agricultural learning institute and visit its website
- On the homepage, look for the new application tab and open
- In new applications, you have to register first.
- Register with the concerned college and get a registration id
- Log in to the online application portal with the registration id
- Select PG Distance Admissions and opt MSc Agronomy program
- Click on the next button; an application form will open
- Start filling out the application form for MSc Agronomy with proper information.
- Make fee payment for online application
- Submit the application form for MSc Agronomy along with the payment voucher.
Advantages of Distance MSc Agronomy Distance Education
- By scheduling the learning assignments, the students may stay better organized and participate in many courses.
- Even professors can teach from their homes for the distance MSc in Agronomy because it doesn’t require significant infrastructure.
MSc Agronomy Distance Education Syllabus
1st Year Syllabus Details
|1||Modern Concepts on Crop production||1ST YEAR|
|2||Principles & Practices of Soil Fertility & Nutrient Management||1ST YEAR|
|3||Principles & Practices of Water Management||1ST YEAR|
|4||Dryland Farming & Watershed Management||1ST YEAR|
|5||Agrometerology & Crop Weather Forcasting||1ST YEAR|
2nd Year Syllabus Details
|1||Weed & Weed Management||2ND YEAR|
|2||Management of Problem Soil||2ND YEAR|
|3||Seed Production Technology||2ND YEAR|
|4||Agroforestry & Agrostology||2ND YEAR|
Educational Scope of MSc Agronomy Distance Education
After completing this MSc Agronomy Distance Education, students have two ways to build their career: one is a job, and the other is further study. Further studies after completing this PG program can polish the skill of such professionals. This MSc provides the below-mentioned study options:
- M.Phil Agronomy
- P.hD Agronomy
- Ph.D. Horticulture
- Ph.D. Plant Protection
- M.Phil Agriculture
Recruitment areas of the MSc Agronomy Distance Learning
The agricultural sector is the backbone of India’s economy. The candidates having MSc Agronomy Distance Education can make their career in various Agricultural sectors, and some of them are given below:
- Agricultural fields
- Educational Institutes
- Agricultural Research Institutes
Top MSc Distance Education Universities
- Nalanda Open University
- Jaipur National University
- Mahatma Gandhi University
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar open University
- Chandigarh University
- Amity University
- Karnataka State Open University
- Netaji Subhas Open University
- Delhi University(DU)
- University of Mumbai
Be the first to leave a review.