MSc Geography Distance Education: MSc Geography Distance Education is a postgraduate course that takes a time period of 2 years to complete. The course involves learning concepts about the earth and its related features. It also includes the study of resources that are found below and over the earth. This distance learning course is best for students for whom regular learning is difficult.
The distance learning MSc Geography course provides a lot of learning material and wide career scope. Students have multiple choices of subject specializations, including dynamic geography, urban planning, research methodology, climatology, biogeography, and others.
- MSc Geography Distance Education admission is going on at IGNOU. The admission deadline is 31 Jan 2023. (Click Here)
- AMITY University will soon open its distance MSc Geography admission window for the 2023 session.
- MSc Geography Distance Admission will start soon at Kurukshetra University for the 2023 session.
MSc Geography Distance learning is an alternative for many students, and this course can be pursued by meeting the eligibility criteria given:
- In order to be eligible, passing at least graduation from a known university is mandatory for all candidates.
- It is mandatory for students to acquire a score of about 45-50% in the last examination.
- There is no entrance exam for distance courses, but some institutes might take them at the institute level.
The distance learning institutes in India offer MSc Geography in distance mode at the cost of INR 21000 to 35600 per year.
MSc Geography Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||MSc Geography|
|Eligibility||BSc in any discipline|
|Duration||2 to 4 years|
|Course Fee||INR 21000 to 35600 per year.|
|Admission Process||Online & Offline|
MSc Geography Distance Education Admission Process 2023
There are choices for students to submit an application via online or offline mode, and for online submission, they will have to visit the university website.
- Each candidate will first need to open the online application portal of the university.
- The first step will be signing up as the new candidates.
- An application form will appear on the screen.
- Students will fill out this form and upload the required documents.
- Application fees for the course must be submitted online.
- Take a preview of the filled application form.
- At last, submit the form, and submission will be confirmed via email.
MSc Geography Distance Education Syllabus
1st Year Syllabus Details
|2||Geography of INDIA||1ST YEAR|
|3||ECONOMIC GEOGRAPHY||1ST YEAR|
|4||FUNDAMENTALS OF GEOMORPHOLOGY||1ST YEAR|
|5||POPULATION GEOGRAPHY||1ST YEAR|
2nd Year Syllabus Details
|1||INTRODUCTION TO AGRICULTURAL GEOGRAPHY||2ND YEAR|
|2||REMOTE SENSING AND IMAGE INTERPRETATION||2ND YEAR|
|3||URBAN GEOGRAPHY||2ND YEAR|
|4||GEOGRAPHY OF TRANSPORT SYSTEMS||2ND YEAR|
|5||POLITICAL GEOGRAPHY||2ND YEAR|
Advantages of the MSc Geography Distance learning
- This course is excellent for studying at your convenient time.
- Students will have enough time to stimulate extracurricular activities.
- There will be access to the senior students for learning.
- The relevant skills are acquired by the learners.
- They have control over their results and objectives.
Educational Scope After Distance MSc Geography
The MSc Geography Distance course offers career development and also options for higher studies. After this course, students can even continue their studies at a higher level.
Many courses are available to pursue after completing a distance MSc Geography course.
The most popular courses that can be pursued after this course are:
- Ph.D. in Geography
- Ph.D. in Climatology
- Ph.D. in Oceanography
Recruitment Area for MSc Geography Distance Education
The field of geography is vast in terms of job opportunities, and the candidates after getting this degree, can find high-salary jobs such as:
- Urban & Regional Planner
- Climate change analyst
- Conservation officer
Top MSc Distance Education Universities
- Delhi University(DU)
- University of Mumbai
- Nalanda Open University
- Jaipur National University
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar open University
- Chandigarh University
- Amity University
- Karnataka State Open University
- Mumbai University
- Mahatma Gandhi University
Be the first to leave a review.