Kerala University Distance Education Admission 2024: Students who are looking to apply to Kerala University for the distance education program can read the article. The University will soon start the admission for the new session. The expected admission deadline to enroll for various courses will be 30 January 2024 (Tentative). Students will get the application form at the official website of the University.
Kerala University Distance Education Admissions has unique requirements. UG applicants must pass 10+2, while postgraduate applicants must have a suitable bachelor’s degree. Shortlisting is based on degree test merit. Online enrollment is available through Kerala University’s Distance Department. Applicants should only register online on the Distance admission portal.
The university offers various UG and PG courses, including BA Political Science, BLISc, BSc Mathematics, MA Political Science, MA Public Administration, MSc Mathematics, MSc Computer Science, and MLISc course under distance learning mode. Candidates seeking IDEKU admission can apply by visiting the official website @www.ideku.net.
University Grants Commission (UGC) recognizes the university for strong higher education standards. Its DEB-approved online education school offers universally valid courses. The university’s distance education school was formed with several goals and received an A from the NAAC. These include providing quality education, developing human resources, training in technical and soft skills, fostering professional growth through diversity, and making education affordable.
The university offers distance-learning courses for both undergraduates and graduate students. Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Computer Applications, Master of Business Administration, Master of Arts, and M.Sc. in Mathematics degrees are offered. Before registering for a course online, students should check eligibility.
- Kerala University Distance Learning will shortly announce the BA Entrance Date for the January 2024 Session.
Kerala University Distance Education Admission Highlights
|University Name||School of Distance Education (University of Kerala)|
|Approved by||NAAC, DEB, UGC|
|Programs Offered||Undergraduate, and Postgraduate Programmes|
|Mode of Learning||Distance Education|
|Type of Distance Education Courses Offered||Undergraduate and Post Graduate|
|IDEKU Courses Offered||
Kerala University Distance Education Admission 2024
Kerala University Distance Education Admission will soon start for the new academic session. Students will soon be able to apply for the various UG and PG programs in several specializations. The admission window is expected to close on 30 January 2024 (Tentative).
In addition to arts, business, sciences, and humanities, Kerala University Distance Education also offers library science and information technology courses. With the exception of a few language classes, most of the programs of Kerala University are in English.
Anyone who wants to get admission at Kerala University for the distance education programmes can read the article fully so that students won’t face any problems while filling out the application form for the offered courses.
All the UG and Master’s programs at IDEKU have general eligibility requirements that can be found on the university’s website and can be viewed by all candidates. It is not necessary for students at the Institute of Distance Education to take any tests before they can enrol.
- Kerala University Distance Education Admission offers 25 undergraduate and postgraduate courses through its distance education program. Literature, science, the humanities, information technology, and management are the subjects of these courses.
- For admission to UG courses, candidates must have completed the 10+2 examination.
- Students must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field to be eligible for postgraduate program admission.
- Students can study from home with IDEKU’s undergraduate programs in Science, Commerce, and Arts.
Kerala University Distance Education UG Admission
The university offers UG courses are BA in Political Science, BLISc, BSc in Mathematics, and BA in Economics. BA course is offered in various specializations like Economics, Political Science, and Mathematics.
There is a minimum eligibility requirement of 45% in the 10+2 course. Admission to the university takes place on the basis of merit lists. Students can apply online via the university’s website www.ideku.net. Application fees are Rs 250 for all courses.
- BA Sociology:- The university offers admission to this 3-year-long course on the basis of the candidate’s score in the previous qualifying examination. Candidates who are interested in pursuing BA courses can check the Kerala University distance education BA Sociology Syllabus by visiting here.
- BBA: The duration of this course is 3 years and students are required to complete their intermediate courses from recognized universities and should also obtain 45% marks in their 12th class.
- BA in Economics: The minimum period to complete this course is 3 years. It is a commerce-related subject that focuses on the application of economics in the growth of the business. Students are exposed to subjects such as microeconomics, macroeconomics, history of economics, value & price, market, and many more.
- BCA: It’s a 3year or six-semester duration degree. Candidates who have passed 10+2 qualifying exams with mathematics as a subject can apply for admission to BCA.
- BSc Mathematics: Bachelor of Science is offered in Mathematics specialization in university. Students who have completed their 10+2 with the science stream are eligible to apply for BSc admission.
Kerala University Distance Education PG Admission
Students can pursue master’s program studies like MA, MCom, MSc, MLIS & more. Forms will be available at @www.ideku.net. Any graduate student in a relevant discipline can apply for Kerala University DDE PG Admission. There are specializations like English, Malayalam, Hindi, Economics, Sociology &, etc. can be chosen at the time of registration.
- M.Com: To pursue this course student must have a graduate degree, and the duration of this course is 2 years.
- MLISc: The minimum period required to complete the degree of MLISc offered by Kerala University is 2 years. The applicants must have a BLISc degree then, they can apply for admission to Masters in the same field provided by the University. admission is given to students on the basis of marks obtained in previous academics.
- MSc: M.Sc. stands for Master of Science and is a two-year postgraduate degree specializing in fields such as Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Botany, Life Sciences, Bio-Technology, and Microbiology. A Master of Science degree is designed to provide students with the required scientific knowledge and open up a variety of opportunities.
Kerala University Distance Education MBA Admission
Master of Business Administration is offered in distance learning mode by Kerala University SDE. Admission will soon start for the Distance MBA program and 30 January 2024 (Tentative) is the admission deadline. IDEKU admits students who have completed their bachelor’s into the MBA course.
It provides the course in distance learning mode. As per the information available on the university’s official website, the eligibility requirement to get admission to MBA is a BSc/BCom/BA or equivalent degree. There must be a minimum of 50% marks in the bachelor’s degree. The fee for a distance MBA is INR 41,175 at Kerala University.
Kerala University Distance Education MA
A student who is interested in this program must have completed a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade of 45% at a university that the UGC recognizes, and in addition, he or she must have completed a Master’s degree as well. MA Application form submission’s last date is 30 Junuary 2024 (Tenataive).
MA specializations are available in eight subjects at the university. The following subjects are available through distance learning at the university. Below are all the subjects:
- MA Political Science
- MA Public Administration
- MA Economics
- MA English
- MA Hindi
- MA History
- MA Malayalam
SDE Kerala University Application Form 2024
The candidate can get the application form, and the prospectus can be easily obtained from the central office of the KU School of Distance Education by paying a DD of INR 250/-. International students will pay an additional DD of INR 265/- with INR 10/- as service charges.
Application fees for all courses are 250/- rupees, and students can pay online/UPI/Credit Card/Bank Transfer.
Kerala University DDE Admission Process
- To progress the registration process, applicants would visit the official website of Kerala University Distance Education. i.e. (http://ideku.net/)
- Now, enroll your name by visiting the website by using the link provided above for online admission.
- The provided information should be correct because it will be used further.
- Fill out the online form, and upload the necessary documents, photos, and certificates.
- Pay INR 250 for processing in possession of the university using a request proposal.
- Please check your application once after completing the entire process and then submit the application.
Documents Required for www.ideku.net Admission
- Original Certificate and mark sheet of 10+2 exams (2 photocopies)
- E Grantz Certificate (reserved candidates)
- ID card
- Original Transfer Certificate
- Receipt of Demand Draft
Kerala University Distance Education Courses List
At the Undergraduate (UG) level IDE Kerala University offers BA, BCom, BBA, and BLIS courses, and at the Postgraduate (PG) level university offers MA, MCom, MLIS, and MSc courses. The courses are offered by the university in various specializations. The detailed information on the courses with specialization, duration, and eligibility criteria is listed below:
Kerala University Distance Education Offered UG Courses
|BA Economics||3 Years||10+2 Pass|
B Com (Finance / Co-operation / Computer Application)
|BLISc||1 year||Bachelor Degree|
Kerala University Distance Education Offered PG Courses
|MA Economics||2 Years||Bachelor’s degree in any subject|
MA Political Science
MA Public Administration
MCom – Finance
Kerala University Distance Education Courses Fee Structure
|Course name||Total Fees|
|M.Sc in Mathematics||Rs. 11880/-|
|BA Economics||Rs. 14655/-|
|BA English||Rs. 13605/-|
|BA History||Rs. 13605/-|
|BA Malayalam||Rs. 13605/-|
|BA Hindi||Rs. 13605/-|
|BA Political Science||Rs. 13605/-|
|B.A. Sociology||Rs. 13605/-|
|BSc Mathematics||Rs. 15445/-|
|BSc Computer Science||Rs. 17075/-|
|MA Economics||Rs. 10305/-|
|MA English||Rs. 10305/-|
|MA History||Rs. 10305/-|
|MA Malayalam||Rs. 10305/-|
|MA Hindi||Rs. 10305/-|
|MA Political Science||Rs. 10305/-|
|MA Public Administration||Rs. 10305/-|
|MA. Sociology||Rs. 10305/-|
Kerala University Distance Education Study Materials
The university provides the study material to its students. Online academic videos are also available on the official website and students have free access. One can visit @ideku.net/syllabi.php for more information on the syllabus of the courses. All the syllabus is available in PDF format and can be downloaded by students for further use.
Kerala University Distance Education Affiliated Colleges List
|Government Dental College, Medical Campus, Trivandrum||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1959||Government|
|Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1995||Government|
|Government Engineering College, Barton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1999||Government|
|Government Dental College, Trivandrum||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1959||Government|
|Azeezia Dental College, Kollam||Adichanalloor, Kerala||2005||Private|
|Kerala Institute of Tourism and Travel Studies, Trivandrum||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1988||Government|
|CAT College of Architecture, Trivandrum||Vilappilsala, Kerala||1989||Private|
|Kerala Law Academy Law College, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1966||Private|
|TKM Institute of Management, Karuvelil||Ezhukone, Kerala||1995||Private|
|Institute of Management and Technology, Punnapra||Alappuzha, Kerala||2009||Government|
|Younus Institute of Technology, Kollam||Kannanalloor, Kerala||2011||Private|
|University College, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1866||Government|
|St. Thomas College of Engineering and Technology, Alappuzha||Parachanta, Kerala||2010||Private|
|PRS College of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram||Keezharoor, Kerala||2003||Private|
|Kerala Institute of Co-Operative Management, Thiruvananthapuram||Mannoorkara, Kerala||Government|
|Institute of Management, University of Kerala, Trivandrum||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1991||Government|
|Heera College of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram||Panavoor, Kerala||2010||Private|
|University College of Engineering, Kariavattom||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||2000||Private|
|St. Thomas Institute for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram||Chanthavila, Kerala||2010||Private|
|Shahul Hameed Memorial Engineering College, Kollam||Ayirakkuzhy, Kerala||2002||Private|
|Pankajakasthuri College of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram||Maranalloor, Kerala||2009||Private|
|Mar Ivanios College, Nalanchira||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1949||Private|
|Mannaniya College of Arts and Science, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1995||Private|
|Government College, Kariavattom||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1993||Government|
|Government Arts College, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1924||Government|
|Department of Computer Science, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1985||Government|
|All Saints College, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1964||Private|
|Younus College of Engineering for Women, Kollam||Thalachira, Kerala||2010||Private|
|Younus College of Engineering and Technology, Kollam||Kollam, Kerala||2002||Private|
|TKM College of Arts and Science, Kollam||Kollam, Kerala||1965||Private|
|St Xavier’s College, Thumba||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1964||Private|
|St Gregorios College, Kottarakara||Kottarakkara, Kerala||1964||Private|
|Sree Narayana College for Women, Kollam||Kollam, Kerala||1951||Private|
|PA Aziz College of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||2003||Private|
|National Institute of Speech and Hearing, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1997||Government|
|Mahatma Gandhi College, Trivandrum||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1948||Private|
|Loyola College of Social Sciences, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1963||Private|
|Government College for Women, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1864||Government|
|Christian College, Kattakada||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1965||Private|
|Christ Nagar College, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||2012||Private|
Kerala University Distance Education Frequently Asked Questions?
Q: Is Kerala University Distance Education valid?
Ans: Yes, the University Grants Commission and the Distance Education Bureau have approved the distance education program at Kerala University. The degree provided by the university is valid.
Q.1 How can I Find courses at the Kerala University Distance Education?
Ans: 1st visit the university website, then you can find courses. Click the link.
Q.2 What is the original Website of the university I am not able to find?
Ans: As per UGC website information, you can also visit on UGC website if there is any change.
Q.3 When is the Examination at the university?
Ans: May, and June examination times at the university any change can visit the university website.
Q.4 When do I get Kerala University Distance Education Admission?
Ans: For distance education admisison, University will soon open admisison window for the new session.
Q.5 How can I fill out the admission form?
Ans: You can take online Admission, or if you need offline, you can visit a nearby study center and take online Admission for distance education.
Q.6 How is the evaluation of students done?
Ans: The evaluation made through
- Continuous Evaluation (CE)
- End Semester Evaluation (ESE)
Q.7 Can I take any additional Subject or Language courses?
Ans: Yes, The candidate is allowed to take an additional subject or language course.
Q.8 Am I allowed to change the additional subject?
Ans: The candidate can only change an additional subject or language course within one month of Admission. The candidate has to pay Rs 250 for this.
Kerala University Distance Education Contact Details:
- Address: University of Kerala Senate House Campus, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695034, India
- Contact No.: 8129977026, 9400449415
- Email: email@example.com
- Source: Official Website
Some Other Distance Education University
Note: Dates are Tentative and are subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more information regarding admission.
Be the first to leave a review.