University of Kerala Distance Education Admission 2023: Admission for the 2023 session in Distance mode has started at Kerala University. The last date to apply for admission is 30 September 2023. Under the departments of Science, Humanities, Literature, Commerce, Information Technology, and Library & Information Science, the School of Distance Education offers 25 programs through distance learning.
UG courses require a pass in 10+2, and PG courses require graduation from a recognized university in a relevant field. Qualifying examinations determine student selection.
University of Kerala Distance Education Latest Update
- The application deadline for Kerala University distance education admissions for the 2023 session is 30 September 2023. Source
- Click here to access the SDE Kerala University’s online admissions portal.
Kerala University’s distance department offers online enrollment via its official portal. Application forms and prospectuses can be obtained from SDE’s Palayam office upon payment. Within 15 days of the online registration, physical copies of the application should be reached. Application fees for all courses are 250/- rupees, and students can pay online/UPI/Credit Card/Bank Transfer.
The fee amount can be changed, and students need to check the official site for the correct amount.
- Masters of Library and Information Science (MLIS), after holding a BLIS or another degree that is relevant, a student is eligible for admission in MLIS along with a condition that the student should have obtained at least 50% marks or more. There is a tuition fee of INR 9,950 for this course.
- Masters of Commerce (MCom) is a 2-year long course that is provided via merit-based admissions. This includes having a B.Com or a similar bachelor’s degree to become eligible for this course. Its fee is almost INR 10,500.
- Master of Science (MSc) is a PG degree with a duration of 2 years. A BSc with a 50% minimum score is needed for MSc, and its fee is INR 14,000.
Courses like BA, BCom, MSc, MA, MCom, MLib & many more are offered by the University of Kerala Distance Education. The University admits students based on a 10+2 score for UG courses, whereas, for PG courses, a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is mandatory.
University of Kerala Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||School of Distance Education (University of Kerala)|
|Approved by||NAAC, DEB, UGC|
|Accreditation||Reaccredited Grade A by NAAC in 2015|
|Ranking||Ranked 21 in India by NIRF in 2018|
|Programs Offered||Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes|
|Mode of Learning||Distance Education|
|Number of Programs offered||26|
|Fee Submission||Bank Challan/Demand Draft|
|Address||Senate House Campus, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram – 695034|
|Contact no.||0471-2300148, 2300137, 2300167, 2308220|
The University of Kerala Distance Education Admission 2023
The Admission window for the University of Kerala Distance Education admission for UG/PG courses has begun for the season of 2023. Several undergraduate degrees are offered in various disciplines, allowing needy and suitable individuals to obtain professional education while working.
There are 25 programs offered by the University of Kerala Distance Education. KU will begin accepting applications in October 2023. Admissions information can be found on the University of Kerala’s website, http://www.ideku.net. Online applications are accepted for KUDE.
- The University of Kerala Distance Education offers BA, BSc, BCA, BBA, B.Com, and B.L.I.Sc at UG level. MA, MSc, M.Com, and M.L.I.Sc is offered at the PG level.
- The eligibility criteria of Kerala University SDE UG programs is 10+2 education with a min of 50% score.
- For PG program admissions to KUDE, a UG degree with a relevant discipline is required.
- Candidates will be chosen on the basis of their performance in the qualifying examination.
- Applications may be filed using the SDE, Kerala University’s online platform.
- The application fee is INR 250/- for each program admission.
- No student will be admitted to the First-Degree Program in any discipline unless he or she has passed the test administered by a Board/University at the +2 level of education or its equivalent.
Kerala University Distance Education UG Admission
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) is a long degree course of 3 years. There is a requirement of holding a 10+2 qualification with a minimum average of 50% of marks. It will cost a fee of INR 7,025/-.
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) takes up to a 3-year time span to complete this course. Eligibility is 10+2 from a well-known board, and you must have obtained 50% marks. This course fee is INR 6,725/-.
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) can be obtained by candidates who have qualified for a 12th standard examination from a renowned institute with average marks. This will have a tuition cost of INR 6,250/-.
- B.Sc. IT: The students who have completed the University of Kerala’s Pre-Degree examination or a similar exam, or hold a degree from the University of Kerala or an equivalent qualification, or hold a 3-year Diploma in engineering topics approved by the Director of Technical Education, Kerala is eligible for B.Sc IT. Higher Secondary/VHSE/AISSCE/ISE with mathematics as an optional subject.
- BA:- Students who want to enroll for the BA at the University of Kerala Distance Education are required to complete their 10th and 12th standards and must obtain at least 45% marks. This course duration is of 3 years.
- BBA:- The duration of this course is 3 years, and students are required to complete their intermediate courses from recognized universities and should also obtain 45% marks in their 12th class.
- BA in Economics:- The minimum period to complete this course is 3 years. It is a commerce-related course that focuses on the application of economics in the growth of the business. Students are exposed to subjects such as microeconomics, macroeconomics, history of economics, value & price, market, and many more.
The student must have passed the 12th class with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
The University of Kerala Distance Education PG Admission
- M.Com:- To pursue this course student must have a graduate degree, and the duration of this course is 2 years.
- MA:- This course duration is of 2 years, and students are required to complete their Bachelor’s degree from a UGC-recognized university. also, students should obtain 45% marks in their UG program.
- University of Kerala Distance Education provides MA specializations in a total of 8 Subjects. The following subjects are offered by the university through distance learning. All the subjects are mentioned below:
- MA Political Science
- MA Public Administration
- MA Economics
- MA English
- MA Hindi
- MA History
- MA Malayalam
- MA Sociology
- MLISc:- The minimum period required to complete the degree of MLISc offered by Kerala University is of 2 years. The applicants must have a BLISc degree then, they can apply for admission to a Master in the same field provided by the University of Kerala Distance Education. Admission is given to students on the basis of marks obtained in previous academics.
University of Kerala Distance Education Application Form
The candidates have to apply Online for application and register for any courses offered through Distance Education. The candidate can get the application form, and the prospectus can be easily obtained from the central office of the University of Kerala Distance Education by paying a DD of INR 250. International students will pay an additional DD of INR 265 with INR 10 as service charges.
University of Kerala Distance Education Online Process
- To progress the registration process, applicants would visit the official website. i.e. (https://www.keralauniversity.ac.in)
- Now, enroll your name by visiting the website using the link provided above for online admission.
- Provided information should be correct because it will be used further.
- Fill out the online form, and upload the necessary documents, photos, and certificates.
- Pay INR 250 for processing the request proposal in possession of the university.
- Please check your application once after completing the entire process and then submit the application.
Kerala University Distance Education Documents Required
- Original Certificate and mark sheet of 10+2 exams (2 photocopies)
- E Grantz Certificate (reserved candidates)
- ID card
- Original Transfer Certificate
- Receipt of Demand Draft
University of Kerala Distance Education BA, B.Arch. Courses & Fee
|BA Economics||3 Years||10+2 Pass|
BA Political Science
B Com (Finance / Co-operation / Computer Application)
|BLISc||1 year||Bachelor Degree|
University of Kerala Distance Education MSc Courses & Fee
|MA Economics||2 Years||Bachelor’s degree in any subject|
MA Political Science
MA Public Administration
MCom – Finance
|Government Dental College, Medical Campus, Trivandrum||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1959||Government|
|Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1995||Government|
|Government Engineering College, Barton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1999||Government|
|Government Dental College, Trivandrum||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1959||Government|
|Azeezia Dental College, Kollam||Adichanalloor, Kerala||2005||Private|
|Kerala Institute of Tourism and Travel Studies, Trivandrum||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1988||Government|
|CAT College of Architecture, Trivandrum||Vilappilsala, Kerala||1989||Private|
|Kerala Law Academy Law College, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1966||Private|
|TKM Institute of Management, Karuvelil||Ezhukone, Kerala||1995||Private|
|Institute of Management and Technology, Punnapra||Alappuzha, Kerala||2009||Government|
|Younus Institute of Technology, Kollam||Kannanalloor, Kerala||2011||Private|
|University College, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1866||Government|
|St. Thomas College of Engineering and Technology, Alappuzha||Parachanta, Kerala||2010||Private|
|PRS College of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram||Keezharoor, Kerala||2003||Private|
|Kerala Institute of Co-Operative Management, Thiruvananthapuram||Mannoorkara, Kerala||Government|
|Institute of Management, University of Kerala, Trivandrum||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1991||Government|
|Heera College of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram||Panavoor, Kerala||2010||Private|
|University College of Engineering, Kariavattom||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||2000||Private|
|St. Thomas Institute for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram||Chanthavila, Kerala||2010||Private|
|Shahul Hameed Memorial Engineering College, Kollam||Ayirakkuzhy, Kerala||2002||Private|
|Pankajakasthuri College of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram||Maranalloor, Kerala||2009||Private|
|Mar Ivanios College, Nalanchira||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1949||Private|
|Mannaniya College of Arts and Science, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1995||Private|
|Government College, Kariavattom||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1993||Government|
|Government Arts College, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1924||Government|
|Department of Computer Science, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1985||Government|
|All Saints College, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1964||Private|
|Younus College of Engineering for Women, Kollam||Thalachira, Kerala||2010||Private|
|Younus College of Engineering and Technology, Kollam||Kollam, Kerala||2002||Private|
|TKM College of Arts and Science, Kollam||Kollam, Kerala||1965||Private|
|St Xavier’s College, Thumba||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1964||Private|
|St Gregorios College, Kottarakara||Kottarakkara, Kerala||1964||Private|
|Sree Narayana College for Women, Kollam||Kollam, Kerala||1951||Private|
|PA Aziz College of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||2003||Private|
|National Institute of Speech and Hearing, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1997||Government|
|Mahatma Gandhi College, Trivandrum||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1948||Private|
|Loyola College of Social Sciences, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1963||Private|
|Government College for Women, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1864||Government|
|Christian College, Kattakada||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||1965||Private|
|Christ Nagar College, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||2012||Private|
About the University of Kerala Distance Education
The University of Kerala Distance Education was established in the year 1976 as a research and teaching department of the university. The University has established the Institute of Distance Education to provide UG PG-level education in distance mode. The University of Kerala Distance Education provides UG & PG programs in fields like Language, Commerce, Science, Arts, Library & IT, and Computer Science.
University of Kerala Distance Education (FAQ)
Q.1 How can I Find courses at this university?
Ans: 1st, visit the university website, then you can find classes. Click the link.
Q.2 What is the original Website of the university If I am unable to find it?
Ans: As per UGC website information, you can also visit on UGC website if there is any change.
Q.3 When is the Examination at this university?
Ans: May and June are the examination time at the university. For further accurate information, visit the university website.
Q.4 When do I get Admission?
Ans: For distance education, you can take Admission before March.
Q.5 How can I fill out the admission form?
Ans: You can take online Admission, or if you need offline, you can visit a nearby study center and take online Admission for distance education.
Q.6 How is the evaluation of students done?
Ans: The evaluation was made through the:
- Continuous Evaluation (CE)
- End Semester Evaluation (ESE)
Q.7 Can I take any additional Subject or Language courses?
Ans: Yes, The candidate is allowed to take an additional subject or language course.
Q.8 Am I allowed to change the additional subject?
Ans: The candidate can only change an additional subject or language course within one month of Admission. The candidate has to pay Rs 250/- for this.
Some Other Distance Education University
University of Kerala Distance Education Contact Details
- Address: The University of Kerala Senate House Campus, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695034, India
- Contact No.: 8129977026, 9400449415
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source: Official Website
Disclaimer: All the dates and information mentioned above are only for general information purposes. visit the official site to know more.
Be the first to leave a review.