MA English Distance Education: A 2-year distance postgraduate (PG) degree in the arts called an MA in English offers the study of English literature, history of English literature, criticism theory, linguistics, and several other ideas that are the base of English literature. Students with a graduate degree are eligible to pursue a distance MA in English.
This distance programme is particularly helpful for those who cannot afford to attend regular classes and for candidates who want to pursue higher education but do not have the time to do so. MA English distance education graduate students can find jobs as editors, writers, and teachers.
The distance MA in English seeks to support students’ professional growth by helping them gain knowledge of English and learn various academic and professional aspects. Students will have a stronger awareness of the history, conventions, and research in academic and professional English after completing the distance programme.
- IGNOU has started taking MA English admission. The last date to apply for Admission is 31 January 2023. (Click Here)
- AMITY University will soon open its Admission for MA English 2023 Admission.
- Delhi University 2023 MA English admission will start soon.
The eligibility requirements must be met by students who wish to enroll in an MA English distance learning programme. Candidates who pursue a distance MA English programme must have at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative percentage of 40%.
A two-year postgraduate management programme called the distance MA English is divided into 4 semesters. The average fee of the MA English distance learning varies based on the colleges or universities from INR 10,000 to INR 50,000/- per annum.
MA English Distance Education Admission Highlights
Master of Arts in English
|Duration||2 to 4 years|
Bachelor’s from a recognised university
40% in bachelor’s
INR 10,000 to INR 50,000/-
Lecturer, Content Writer, Anchor, Public Relations Officer, etc.
INR 4 LPA – INR 7.6 LPA
IGNOU, TNOU, Madras University, etc.
MA English Distance Learning Admission Process
The admission process starts with the registration of the students.
- Candidates must first get the application form using an online portal or an offline one.
- Visit the university’s official admission website to apply for the programme and sign up.
- After that, complete the application by entering the necessary information.
- Pay online academic application fee.
- After submitting students will receive a confirmation page with enrollment no.
MA English Distance Syllabus
Below is given the year wise Syllabus Details of MA English Course.
1st Year Syllabus
|1||INDIAN ENGLISH||1ST YEAR|
|2||JANE AUSTEN’S NOVEL||1ST YEAR|
|3||THE ANATOMY OF DRAMA||1ST YEAR|
|4||TEACHING LITERATURE||1ST YEAR|
2nd Year Syllabus
|1||THE PRINCIPLES OF PRAGMATICS||2ND YEAR|
|2||CRITICAL APPROACH TO FICTION OF THOMAS HARDY||2ND YEAR|
|3||INDIAN WRITING IN ENGLISH||2ND YEAR|
|4||CLASSICAL LITERARY CRITICISM||2ND YEAR|
|5||PARADISE LOST||2ND YEAR|
Benefits of MA English Distance Education
- Individual approach of students
- Ability to revise subject material
- Independent activity of students
- Learn while working
Scope After MA English Correspondence
- MA English Correspondence Educational Scope
Graduate students of MA in English distance education have the option of continuing their study by enrolling in programmes like the PhD in English Literature. The students will conduct research projects and enhance their knowledge in English. Students can also enroll in programmes leading to certification.
- PhD in English Literature
- Creative Writing
- Language and Literature
- MA English Correspondence Job Scope
Postgraduate students with an MA English distance learning degree can find jobs in both the public and private sectors, based on their interests, abilities, and preferred field of employment.
- Research Organizations
- Civil Servant
MA English Distance Education Top Universities
- Venkateshwara Open University
- Andhra University
- Annamalai University
- Amity University
- Mumbai University
- Jaipur national University
- Aligarh Muslim University
Be the first to leave a review.