BSc Agriculture Distance Education: BSc Agriculture is a well-known and popular study course in distance mode at the UG level. The minimum period required to accomplish this degree is about three years; however, on a maximum basis, it can take six years. Through its six study semesters, it renders knowledge about basic agriculture and the concepts of farming practices, breeding technologies, irrigation methods, agricultural machinery, and so on. The distance BSc Agriculture degree is specifically designed for candidates who cannot support the regular BSc Agriculture course.
BSc Agriculture distance education helps students get equal career opportunities and the learning of the same subjects as regular students do. Those students who take a distance BSc Agriculture degree can further specialize in Horticulture, Sericulture, Crop Production, Farm Power Machinery, Land and Water Management, Agricultural business, and so on.
- Distance BSc Agriculture Admission is going on at IGNOU for the 2023 session. The admission deadline is 31 Jan 2023. (Click Here)
- AMITY University Distance BSc Agriculture admission will start soon for the 2023 session.
- Maharishi Dayanand University Distance Admission window for BSc Agriculture 2023 program is going on. (Click Here)
It is clear that the main idea behind distance education is to provide flexibility to the learners, and in order to pursue this learning opportunity, students need to meet the criteria of BSc Agriculture:
- For BSc Agriculture Distance Education course admission, students must complete their studies from a recognized board within the science field up to the 10+2 level.
- In order to be eligible for BSc Agriculture course entry to any college, students must score 44-50% minimum.
- A few distance colleges offering BSc Agriculture conduct their institute-level entrance exam.
Based on the distance university, the fee varies for the BSc Agriculture course; however, the average cost varies from INR 1.5 to 3 lacs per annum.
BSc Agriculture Distance Education Highlights
BSc Agriculture Distance Education
|Eligibility||10+2 with science stream|
|Duration||3 to 6 years|
|Course Fee||INR 1.5 to 3 lacs|
|Admission Process||Online & Offline|
BSc Agriculture Distance Education Admission Process 2023
The distance BSc Agriculture course applications can be submitted offline or online. However, online applications can be submitted by accessing the university website.
- For this purpose, students must first open the related university’s website.
- Registration will be made as a new student.
- Students will be asked to complete the application form with the required details.
- The next step will be uploading documents.
- Take a preview of your application form.
- After that, pay the application fee online mode.
- After submission of the form and confirmation, students will be given their enrollment numbers.
BSc Agriculture Distance Education Syllabus
1st Year Syllabus Details
|1||PRINCIPLES OF AGRONOMY||1ST YEAR|
|2||FUNDAMENTALS OF SOIL SCIENCE||1ST YEAR|
|4||PRINCIPLES OF HORTICULTURE||1ST YEAR|
|5||AGRICULTURAL METEOROLOGY||1ST YEAR|
|6||PRACTICAL – I||1ST YEAR|
2nd Year Syllabus Details
|1||IRRIGATION MANAGEMENT||2ND YEAR|
|2||CROP PHYSIOLOGY||2ND YEAR|
|4||PRINCIPLES OF PLANT GENETICS AND BREEDING||2ND YEAR|
|5||PRACTICAL II||2ND YEAR|
3rd Year Syllabus Details
|1||PLANT PATHOLOGY||3RD YEAR|
|2||PLANT BIOTECHNOLOGY||3RD YEAR|
|3||SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE||3RD YEAR|
|4||PRACTICAL – III||3RD YEAR|
4th Year Syllabus Details
|1||ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE||4TH YEAR|
|2||AGRICULTURAL MARKETING, TRADE AND PRICES||4TH YEAR|
|3||SUSTAINABLE ENERGY SOLUTIONS IN AGRICULTURE||4TH YEAR|
|4||PRACTICAL – IV||4TH YEAR|
Advantages of BSc Agriculture Distance Education
- Enhance the student’s capacity for multiple tasks.
- Ability to study and work by Opting for a convenient time.
- Aptitude to accept the results.
- Willingness to study the subjects again and again.
- Approaching other students
Educational Scope After BSc Agriculture Distance Learning
BSc Agriculture Distance Education learning course is among the most demanding in terms of its multiple job chances and helping students acquire higher studies. This course is essential for candidates who are willing to acquire specialization in any related field at the master’s degree level.
Based on the subjects studied in the BSc Agriculture distance course at the graduate level, students can have several options for courses at the master’s level.
After completing this BSc Agriculture distance education degree, the graduates can take courses such as
- MSc Agriculture
- MSc Plant Pathology
- MSc Entomology
- MSc Plant breeding genetics
Recruitment Area for Distance BSc Agriculture Course
A BSc Agriculture Distance Education degree helps students to find numerous jobs in related recruiting areas. Upon completing this degree, students can make their career in related fields with good salary packages.
The list of some popular BSc Agriculture jobs is as follows-
- Soil Scientists
- Scientific research officer
- Field officer
Top 10 Universities For Distance Education
- Parul University
- Jadavpur University
- Delhi University
- Punjab University
- KL University
- Calcutta University
- Jamia Millia
Be the first to leave a review.