BSW Distance Education: Distance BSW (Bachelor of Social Work) is a 3-year undergraduate degree course that usually includes a varied range of subjects like Social Studies, Child Protection, Women’s development, etc. and it also deals with teaching the skills and knowledge required for students to form social worker and professional careers.
For students who are unable to follow the regular degree course, it offers the added benefit of being pursued in a more conventional manner while maintaining nearly identical course content and a curriculum. BSW distance learning is a practice-based profession that concerns individuals, groups, families and communities, collective responsibility and well-being.
The BSW program allows you to study a variety of social development topics and problems, as well as techniques. Students enrolled in the BSW programme will gain the necessary knowledge to make a positive impact on society through distance learning.
BSW distance education shows specializations that are pursued by students like Sociology, Psychology, Social problems, language, Community development, etc.
- IGNOU will commence the BSW distance education admission in the July 2023 session, candidates can apply before the last date.
- SOL DU will begin the BSW distance education admission for the 2023 academic session.
Admission to the BSW distance education is allowed for those students who have completed higher secondary examinations or 10+2 grade level.
- With a minimum percentage of 40%, students must have finished their higher secondary education in 10+2 grade from any recognized board.
- Students complete the 10+2 grade level in the Humanities, Commerce, or Science stream.
- According to the Government of India regulation, students from restricted groups like SC, ST and OBC are eligible for a marks reduction.
The distance BSW learning programme fee structure ranges from INR 7,000 to INR 30,000/- per annum depending on the different university facilities and level of education provided.
BSW Distance Education Admission Highlights
Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
|Duration||3 to 6 years|
INR 7,000 to INR 30,000/-
12th in any stream
|Marks Required||40% marks|
Social Worker, Journalist, Reporter, Content Writer, Civil Servant, etc.
BSW Distance Education Admission Process
In order to take admitted into the distance Bachelor’s in Social Work, the admission process that students should follow is the following:
- Students must go to the official website of the University to access the online application form.
- Reputable institutions and universities only accept applicants based on merit.
- Students log in as new candidates.
- Fill all the required fields.
- Upload your required documents.
- Students will receive a confirmation page with their enrollment no.
- There is no age limit for taking admission.
Career Prospectus and Job Scope For Distance BSW Programme
Advantages of BSW Distance Education
- The level of flexibility
- More flexibility over the hours and locations of their studies
- Individual approach of students
- Ability to revise subject material
- Help students to develop their technical skills
BSW Syllabus Details
BSW 1st Year Syllabus
|1||INTRODUCTION & SCOPE OF SOCIAL WORK||1ST YEAR|
|2||FOUNDATION COURSE IN HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES||1ST YEAR|
|3||SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY||1ST YEAR|
|4||FOUNDATION COURSE IN ENGLISH||1ST YEAR|
BSW 2nd Year Syllabus
|2||INTRODUCTION TO HIV/AIDS||2ND YEAR|
|3||BASIC CONCEPTS OF SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY||2ND YEAR|
|4||SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT & SOCIETY STRUCTURE||2ND YEAR|
|5||PRACTICAL II||2ND YEAR|
BSW 3rd Year Syllabus
|2||INTRODUCTION TO FAMILY EDUCATION||3RD YEAR|
|3||SOCIAL WORK & RESEARCH METHODS||3RD YEAR|
|4||SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND COUNSELLING||3RD YEAR|
|5||PRACTICAL III||3RD YEAR|
Scope of BSW Distance Learning
- Educational Scope after Distance BSW
For graduates of the distance BSW learning program, there are several reputable governmental and commercial enterprises in India and abroad that offer good employment opportunities.
In terms of possibilities for further education as well as work prospects, the distance BSW learning program is one of the most valuable degrees.
The following masters programmes that BSW distance education graduates can pursue after graduation:
- MA in Development Studies
- MA in Social Work
- MA in Extensive Education and Social Work
- Ph.D. in Women’s Studies
- PGD in Social Work among Tribals.
- Job Scope after Distance BSW
Once you have completed the distance learning BSW program. Graduates of the BSW program are in high demand for high-level employment across all sectors, including NGOs, Education, Human Resource Management, Rehabilitation Centres, Welfare, Community Health Centres, Nursing Homes, etc.
Some recruitment areas are as follows:
- Counseling Centers
- Old Age Homes
- Correction Cells
- HR Department of Industries
Top 10 Universities For BSW Distance Education
- Bharathidasan University
- National Institute of Social Work and Social Sciences
- Jamia Millia Islamia University
- Patna University
- Osmania University
- Madras School of Social Work
- Aligarh Muslim University(AMU)
- Madras Christian College
- University of Delhi(DU)
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ans: You will be able to apply for many jobs after earning a BSW. There are excellent long-term employment prospects for most social workers in facilities or organizations. The BSW may be worth it if you are seeking stability in your career.
Be the first to leave a review.