Patna University DDE Admission?: Currently, Patna University does not offer distance learning courses. Students may apply for admission in Regular Mode. For the academic session 2023. Patna University is set to start the admission for the regular regular course. Students will have both options to apply. Either they can visit the official website or can go to the University physically and can apply for admission before the admission deadline.
The university offers UG, PG, and Diploma courses. It offers UG programs in various specializations. Students must score at least 55% marks in 12th to apply for Patna University. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online and offline before the last admission date.
Patna University’s Directorate of Distance Education has provided higher education through correspondence and distance learning to those who possess the necessary educational qualifications but cannot get admission into a regular college.
- The Patna University-affiliated Directorate of Distance Education was Established in 1974 to provide higher education via correspondence and distance learning to those who could not attend a conventional institution.
- Admission is based on how well you did in your 10+2 class. For a bachelor’s, this is based on your grade point average. For a master’s, this is based on how well you did in your bachelor’s class.
Note: As Per UGC-DEB policy, Patna University’s distance education was last recognized from July 2020 to January 2021. Currently, the university does not offer distance learning courses. This article’s sole purpose is to answer students’ questions. Students may apply for admission in Regular Mode.
Patna University Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||Patna University Distance Education|
|DDE UG Courses||BA, BCom, BLIS, BCA|
|DDE PG Courses||PG Diploma in Journalism, Financial Management, Marketing Management|
|Approved By||UGC (University Grants Commission)|
Patna University Distance Education Admission 2023
As per UGC guidelines, Patna University is not providing any distance education courses but it will soon start admission to regular courses for the session 2023-24. The University provides Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) level programs. The university provides admission in various programs such as BCom, BCA, BA, BLISc, PG-Diploma, and many more.
Candidates were given the opportunity to enroll in a select few courses through Patna University’s Directorate of Distance Education (DDE). The following list provides a description of each of these classes:
- The three-year UG courses in which students can take admission are BCA, BLIS, BA, and B.Com (Hons).
- At the PG level, Patna University distance education provides some PG Diploma courses which are the following: PG Diploma in Journalism, PG Diploma in Marketing Management, PG Diploma in Operation Management, and PG Diploma in Financial Management.
Patna University DDE UG, PG Courses?
Patna University Distance Education offers education in different fields like Arts, Sciences, Yoga & Business.
- Bachelors of Commerce (BCom), can be completed in a minimum duration of 3 years. The course duration is expandable up to 6 years. To be eligible for admission, students should have a 10+2 passing certificate from any recognized board in India. There is no entrance exam for the admission to BCom distance mode course. The total course fee is Rs. 8850.
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA), 3 years is the study time span, completing a 10+2 level education in the field of computer science, and its mandatory to have a 50% least score. About INR 25000/- is the course fee.
- Bachelor of Library Science (BLIS) is a UG degree 3-year long course offered to candidates with a requirement of passing 12th standard and its last examinations with a minimum 50% aggregate score. This will cost you a fee of INR 7000/-.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) have eligibility criteria of 10+2 qualification essentially with a minimum 50% score within a similar course of study. This course is going to belong for 3 years. The fee for this program is around INR 6700/-.
Patna University Distance Education PG Admission 2023
Patna University offers bachelors and PG Diploma courses in distance mode. It provides PG Diploma in Journalism, Financial Management, Operations, and Marketing Management. But it does not offer master’s courses. For admission to PG courses, the basic eligibility criteria is a UG degree in a relevant discipline. One must score a minimum of 50% in graduation. After completing the master’s courses, one can also opt for Ph.D. programs.
Post Graduate Diploma In Financial Management: Patna University DDE offer this PGD in Financial Management course. Those students who wish to apply must have to be graduated. The Post Graduate Diploma In Financial Management total fee is Rs 4500, and the Registration fee is Rs 500 for the 2023 session. Students must have to be updated through the official website of the University.
PG Diploma in Marketing Management: Patna University is offering various diploma courses including PG Diploma in Marketing Management. One can apply for admission after completing the eligibility requirements. Students with a UG degree are eligible to get admission. Apart from it, a minimum of 50 percent marks are also required.
Patna University DDE Application Process?
Given that there are two ways to apply to this university—online and offline—the student is interested in which one they prefer.
- Let’s say a student wants to complete the application procedure online. The student can access the university’s official website and complete the admission form there by entering all necessary and accurate information.
- Whether they want to use the offline application. In that scenario, students can go to the admissions office of the university, receive an application form, fill it out completely, and submit it to the university.
- Application Form of Rs 350, which is included with the Prospectus.
Separate Unit for Distance Education which in due course will include:
- Web-Based Learning
Patna University DDE Eligibility Criteria?
There are only a few courses offered at the UG and PG levels by the university, with different criteria for entry into each course. In order to apply, aspirants must check the following criteria and make sure they meet them:
Applicants for UG courses are required to have passed their 12th grade with a merit score in order to gain entry into the courses.
A student applying for a PG or PG Diploma course is required to have successfully completed their UG Course with good marks in order to gain entry by merit.
For admission to the courses offered by Patna University, no entrance exam is required to be cleared.
Patna University DDE Offered Courses?
- B.Com (Hons.)
- BLIS (Bachelor of Library & Information Science)
- PG Diploma in Journalism
- PG Diploma in Financial Management
- PG Diploma in Marketing Management
- PG Diploma in Operations Management
Patna University DDE Courses Fee Structure
|Courses||Duration||Course Fees (Approx)|
|PG Diploma in Operations Management||1 Year||Rs. 9000/-|
|PG Diploma in Marketing Management|
|PG Diploma in Financial Management|
|PG Diploma in Journalism||Rs. 6000/-|
|Bachelor of Library & Information Science (B.Lis)||Rs. 9000/-|
|Bachelor of Arts (BA)||3 Years||Rs. 6000/-|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)||Rs. 7000/-|
|Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) Hons||Rs. 36,000/-|
Patna University DDE Affiliated Colleges
|Patna Dental College and Hospital, Patna||Patna, Bihar||1960||Government|
|Patna Science College, Patna||1927|
|BN College, Patna||1889|
|Patna Women’s College, Patna||1940|
|Vanijya Mahavidyalaya, Patna University, Patna||1917|
|College of Arts and Crafts, Patna||1939|
Patna University Distance Education (FAQs)
Question 1: What is the maximum time limit for a BA at Patna university?
Ans: BA’s maximum duration is five years at Patna University DDE.
Question 2: Does the university offer Diploma in naturopathy?
Question 3: Mention any business program offered by the University.
Ans: It offers PG Diploma courses in management.
Question 4: Does Patna University’s Distant Education provide entrance exams for postgraduate diploma programs?
Ans: NO! There is no entrance requirement for the postgraduate diploma program, and students who meet the prerequisites can choose any of the greatest postgraduate diploma programs available, including those in journalism and financial management.
Patna University DDE Contact Details
- Address: Patna University, Ashok Raj Path, Patna (Bihar), PIN – 800005, India
- Phone: +91-0612-2379906, +91-0612-2672941
- Email: email@example.com
- Source: Official Website
Some Other Distance Education University
- LNMU Distance Education
- Nalanda Open University Distance Education
- Magadh University Distance Education
Be the first to leave a review.