Magadh University Distance Education?: Since the academic year 2019-20, UGC DEB has not approved Magadh University for providing any program in distance education mode. Students seeking admission to Magadh University can do so in regular mode only. The University offers several UG and PG programs in various specializations. Admission for the regular programs is about to start at Magadh University soon. The application form can be submitted online or by visiting the University also.
|Bachelor’s in Education (B.Ed.)||It is offered to students at the graduate level. Candidates interested in getting admission in this course must have passed a Bachelor in PG degree within any stream and have secured at least 50% score for B.Ed. Course eligibility. Its usual tuition fee is INR 35,000/-.|
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS)||This can be attained through a previous qualification of 10+2 from a known and recognized Indian educational board. It includes eligibility criteria, and every candidate must meet these criteria of INR 13,500/-.|
|Masters of Library and Information Science (MLIS)||It is a master’s level course for which an aspirant needs to have qualified a minimum of BLIS or any other relevant UG degree from a well-known institute. This course will have a tuition fee of INR 13,000/-.|
|Master’s in Education (M.Ed)||Having a B.Ed or another bachelor’s degree in relevance makes students eligible to get admission. The passing marks of students should be at least 50% average. This course will have a fee of INR 30,000/-.|
|A diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed)||It has a duration of 2 years for completion. Students who have secured at least a 50% score in passing the 10+2 level education from a known institute are eligible to apply. Its fee is INR 7,500/-.|
Is Magadh University private or government?
The university is a public state-open university and it has the approval of the University Grants Commission (UGC). The university is offering only regular-mode courses. Students can apply for admission through the online admission portal of Magadh University.
Note: Magadh University does not offer any distance education courses after the academic year 2019-20. This article is only meant to answer pupils’ questions.
Magadh University Highlights
|University Name||Magadh University (MU)|
|Approved by||DEB, UGC, DEC|
|Accreditation||Accredited Grade C by NAAC|
|Admission||Merit-based and Entrance Exam|
|Entrance Exam||MU Entrance Test for B.Ed|
|Programs Offered||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Diploma|
|Mode of Learning||Regular Education|
|Fee Submission||Bank Challan/Demand Draft/Online|
|Address||Bodh Gaya – 824234 Bihar, India|
Magadh University Distance Education Admission?
Magadh University currently is not offering admission to any course in distance education mode. But students can apply for admission to any course offered by the university in regular mode by visiting its official site.
- Magadgh University offers only two courses, BEd and B.LIS in regular education mode. It also offers a diploma course D.El.Ed at UG level under regular mode.
- Admission to BLIS is based on merit, while B.Ed. is based on a University-based entrance exam or merit as well. Students requiring access to BLIS must have at least 10+2 qualifications, while those desiring for B.Ed should have a UG degree.
- The University also offers some PG programs under regular education mode, including MA Education and MLIS.
- To apply for Magadh University regular education PG Course admission, a candidate must require UG degree in the relevant stream.
Magadh University UG Admission
Magadh University regular Education offers UG programs in various specializations, B.Ed and BLIS. Students who are interested in getting admission in UG courses can apply through the online admission portal of the university.
- Students with more than 50% passing marks can apply for it. But they must have a two-year experience in the state/National library or information center.
- Duration: 1-year
- Teachers providing services in elementary education and those who have passed NCTE-recognized teacher education programs through face-to-face learning can also apply.
- Duration: 2-years
- The student should have passed the 10+2 exam from a renowned university.
- Duration: 2-years
Magadh University PG Admission
At Magadh University, PG programs include MA, MCom, M.Lib.I.Sc., M.Ed., among others. Each course has the following requirements. A bachelor’s degree program must be completed successfully to qualify for admission to Magadh University. Two years is the minimum duration of these master’s degree programs.
- The candidate should have a B.Com or bachelor’s degree in mathematics or BBA/BTM/BIM from a well-known university.
- Duration: 2-years
- The candidate should have a graduation degree or any other equivalent degree that MU recognizes.
- Duration: 2-years
- The candidate should have graduated with B.Lib.I.Sc degree scoring 50% marks. Candidates with graduation in other disciplines can also apply but must have a diploma in Lib.I.Sc.
- Duration: 1-year
- The candidate should have a B.Ed degree, any other bachelor’s degree, or any higher degree from a recognized university.
- Duration: 2-years
- The candidate must have a graduation degree from an approved University.
- Duration: 2-year or 1-year courses
Magadh University College list
- Anugrah Memorial Law college, Gaya, India.
- Kishori Sinha Mahila College, Aurangabad.
- A.N.S College, Nabinagar, Aurangabad.
- K.L.S. College, Nawada.
- Daudnagar College, Daudnagar, Aurangabad.
- Jagjiwan College, Gaya.
- Gautam Buddha Mahila College, Gaya.
- Gaya College, Gaya.
Magadh University Application Form Process
The university currently offers a Bachelor’s degree in Education and a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science, as well as a Diploma course in Elementary Education. Admissions for annual programs begin in August – September. Semesters begin in July and end in January.
If the candidate wishes to apply for the application form, then follow the below given listed steps.
- Candidates can obtain the prospectus from Regular headquarters, Magadh University College, Patna or Nalanda College, and Biharsharif.
- Pay the application fee through cash or Demand a Draft from any Nationalized Bank in favor of “Director, Directorate of Regular Education, MU Bodhgaya,” payable at Bodhgaya.
Candidates can either download the application form or have to buy the university prospectus for the form.
Visit the official website of MU and go to the “Admissions” section. Click to apply, and the application form will appear. Fill out the application form and pay the fee through a Debit/Credit Card or net banking.
- Candidates can buy the prospectus from the university or the learning centers and get the application form attached to the prospectus.
- Then the applicant has to fill in all the essential information in capital letters except for Addresses and signatures.
- Then send the application form, receipt of DD/Bank challan, plus the self-attested copies of documents required to the following address.
- 10+2 marks sheet
- Certificates or higher degrees if available
- Caste Certificate if applicable
- Recent Photo (3)
- Receipt of Application fee payment
Magadh University Application Form Fee (Approx.)
|Application Fee||INR 500/-||INR 250 (for reserved category)|
|Application Fee for B.Ed||INR 1000/-||INR 500 (for reserved category)|
- All Magadh University Regular Education universities take the entrance exam of B.Ed through Regular education, For BEd exams, the form is filled out online.
Magadh University Courses & Fee
|MA in Education||Rs. 7,200/-|
|MA in Economics, Hindi, History, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology||Rs. 7,500/-|
|B.Ed (General Category)||Rs. 95,000/-|
|B.Ed (BPL Women, SC, ST & EBC Categories)||Rs. 45,000/-|
Magadh University Courses
|B.Ed (ODL)||2 Years|
|MA in Education (ODL)||2 Years|
|Diploma in Elementary Education [D.El.Ed. (ODL) Proposed]||2 Years|
|B.LIS (ODL)||1 Year|
|M.LIS (ODL)||1 Year|
Magadh University Colleges List
|Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College and Hospital, Gaya||Gaya, Bihar||1969||Government|
|Maulana Azad College of Engineering and Technology, Patna||Rewa, Bihar||1987||Private|
|Buddha Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Patna||Patna, Bihar||1984||Private|
|Dr. BR Ambedkar Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital||Patna, Bihar||1990||Government|
|RP Sharma Institute of Technology, Patna||Patna, Bihar||1980||Private|
|LN Mishra Institute of Economic Development and Social Change||Patna, Bihar||1973||Private|
Magadh University Distance Education Admit Card?
Students can download the Admit Card/Hall ticket from the official portal of Magadh University. Admit Card is very important to sit in the Examination hall because without Admit Card entry is not available in the examination hall. Students can check and go to Magadh University’s DDE website.
- Go to the examination portal of the University.
- Click on the Hall-ticket/Admit Card
- Enter your Name and Roll No
- Click on the “Download Admit Card”
Some Other Distance Education University
- LNMU Distance Education
- Patna University Distance Education
- Nalanda Open University Distance Education
Magadh University Distance Education (FAQs)
Q:1 What is the contact number or email ID of the helpdesk?
Ans: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q:2 Does MU offer BA courses through distance education?
Ans: No. The university does not offer this course.
Q:3 How many study centers and exam centers do MU-DDE have?
Ans: MU-DDE has 13 learner support centers and 14 exam centers.
Be the first to leave a review.