SKU Distance Education ?: Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapuramu, began as a postgraduate center of Sri Venkateswara University in 1967-68. This university was founded in 1983 as a women’s institution. It is located in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh. It was established as a state university. Sri N.T. Rama Rao is the founder of the university.
Note: Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU) does not offer distance learning courses in accordance with UGC guidelines and notification. This article is only meant to answer pupils’ questions.
Sri Krishnadevaraya University gained autonomy in 1976. The university offers UG and PG courses in various specializations.
In 1981, the Autonomous Postgraduate Centre received university status in response to the demands of the local populace. Sri Krishnadevaraya University was initially a unified institution of higher learning. It received the designation of affiliating university in 1988.
At present, it caters to the needs of higher education in the Rayalaseema region in general and the Ananthapuramu District in particular. In 2008, the Postgraduate Centre at Kurnool, which was brought under the University’s jurisdiction in 1993, became a separate university.
- Master of Science (MSc) is a 2-year degree course that is provided to BSc-qualified candidates. Its fee is INR 8,950/-.
- Master of Arts (MA), requires BA applicants to hold a score of 50% minimum. Its fee is INR 7,860/-.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), a BBA, or another related degree requires 55% least marks. About INR 9,940/- is the course fee.
|Approved By||UGC (University Grants Commission)|
|Application Form||SPMVV Application Form|
|Fee Structure||SPMVV Fee Structure|
|Location||Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India|
SKU Distance Education Admission?
As per UGC guidelines, SKU does not offer any distance learning courses. All the courses are basically granted on the basis of the candidate’s performance that is their obtained marks in the last qualifying exam. For some UG courses, both direct and entrance admissions are granted. There is an application process that is completely managed online and forms are submitted at the SKU website.
- Learning of UG courses in regular mode is done via admissions in BA, BBM, B.Com, and BSc. Admissions are also available for a B.Ed. program. Students can also apply for admission to PG courses such as MA, MSc, M.Com, BLIS, and MBA.
- Candidates willing to study regular UG programs can apply for Merit-based eligibility criteria. It just requires students to pass intermediate and also they will need to pass the entrance exam conducted by University.
- The entries for PG regular programs are also on Merit criteria where the students will have to provide proof of UG degree and 50% marks obtained in it.
- Application forms for each program are to be submitted with an application fee.
SKU UG Admission
Students who meet the University’s eligibility criteria can apply for SKU UG admission through its official portal @skucde.com/. University offers a variety of UG courses candidates can choose their favorite course at the time of admission. Some popular courses and their eligibility criteria with the courses fee is mentioned below:
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com), is a 3 years long degree program for the admissions of which merit-based criteria are followed. It includes having a minimum of 45-50% marks in the previous exams of 10+2. It has INR 12,135/- as the fee.
- Bachelors of Science (BSc), the selected student will have to be 12th standard qualified with at least 50% aggregate score. This course is offered with a fee of INR 12,350/-.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), comes with a duration of 3 years and the fee is INR 11,780/-. In the admissions of this course, only those students are selected who have cleared an SSC and HSC with a minimum of 50% average marks.
- Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) is a UG course in the management stream which is for 3 years. The criteria for this course is intermediate passed with average marks. Its tuition fee cost is INR 13,560/-.
SKU Fee Structure
|Fees (Approx)||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year|
|Tuition Fee (As Fixed by Convener) Per Year||45,000/-||45,000/-||35,000/-||35,000/-|
|Games Fee – Per Year||484/ –||–||–||–|
|User chargers Per Year||5,717/ –||5,445/-||4,950/-||4,500/-|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||4,356/ –||–||–||–|
|Poor Girl Fund||100/-||–||–||–|
|Total Fees||Rs.67,294/-||Rs.50,445/-||Rs.39,950/-||Rs.39,500/ –|
SKU BTech Fee
|BTECH FOOD TECHNOLOGY||4 years||1,51,832|
|BTECH ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING||4 years||1,51,374|
|BTECH COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING||4 years||1,50,916|
|BE AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING||4 years||1,50,000|
|BTECH COMPUTER SCIENCE||4 years||1,50,458|
|BTECH CHEMICAL ENGINEERING||4 years||1,50,000|
|BTech in Computer Science and Engineering||4 years||1,80,000|
|BTech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering||4 years||1,80,000|
|BTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering||4 years||1,80,000|
|BTech in Industrial Biotechnology||4 years||1,80,000|
|BTech in Information Technology||4 years||1,80,000|
|BTech in Mechanical Engineering||4 years||1,80,000|
SKU Masters Course Fee
|Master of Arts in Bharatnatyam||2 years||16,700|
|Master of Arts in Music||2 years||16,756|
|Master of Arts in Performing Arts||2 years||16,812|
|Master of Arts in Telugu Language, Literature||2 years||16,868|
|Master of Arts in Women Studies||2 years||16,924|
|Master of Computer Application (Lateral Entry )||2 years||16,980|
|Master of Computer Applications||2 years||17,036|
|Master of Science in Applied Mathematics||2 years||34,000|
|Master of Science in Biochemistry||2 years||34,564|
|Master of Science in Bioinformatics||2 years||35,128|
|Master of Science in Botany||2 years||35,692|
|Master of Science in Food and Nutrition Sciences||2 years||36,256|
|Master of Science in General Biotechnology||2 years||36,820|
|Master of Science in Human Development and Family St…||2 years||37,384|
|Master of Science in Organic Chemistry||2 years||37,948|
|Master of Science in Physics||2 years||38,512|
|Master of Science in Seri Biotechnology||2 years||39,076|
SKU MBA Fee
|Masters Course in Special Education (Hearing Impaired)||2 years||40,768|
|Master in Business Administration||2 years||41,332|
SKU Diploma Courses
Apart from providing UG, PG, and management courses in various specializations, Sri Krishnadevaraya University also offers some diploma courses, which are given below.
- Eligibility: To apply for this diploma course, candidates must complete graduation with at least 40% of marks from a recognized university in India.
- Fee: INR-10,800/- (Per Semester)
- Duration: 2 Years
- Eligibility: Candidates must pass 12th or any equivalent course from a recognized board of India with at least 50% of total marks.
- Fee: INR-7,900/-
- Duration: One year
SKU Key Features
The University was accredited with four stars status by NAAC for giving training to women students that are builders of the nation and for unparalleled service to women’s education in Andhra Pradesh. This University assumes Quality Education in Teaching and Research. University has a student population of approximately 3,000 and an academic staff of 300+.
- University provides quality education at a lower and affordable cost via a wide network. The university has many study centers.
- Learner-friendly Courses.
- Career development facility for the working group including teachers.
- Flexibility in norms for admission.
- Use of proper technique in the mode of regular learning.
Aim Of University
The College aims at the all-around development of the student’s (women) personality by including physical, practical, aesthetic, moral, and intellectual aspects in its educational programs. The college is striving toward the development of a committed academic community and modern infrastructural facilities for active excellence.
Objectives of the University
- To empower women to assume leadership.
- To enhance access and the quality of education of women.
- Promoting skill-oriented programs.
- Development of a committed academic community.
- To develop critical thinkers and concerned citizens.
University provides the hostel with food, and students can feel at home because the food will be of good quality also the hostel facility is really good and their options for two people sharing and three-person sharing the hostel rooms were well designed also the hostel is placed within the university campus.
- Address: –Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapuram-515003, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Phone Number: – 08554-255700
- E-mail Address: – email@example.com
- Website: – www.skuniversity.ac.in
Be the first to leave a review.