PMU Distance Education?: Periyar Maniammai University does not offer distance programs as per UGC guidelines. Tamil Nadu’s Thanjavur District is home to the Periyar Maniammai Institute of Science and Technology, which is considered a university. It was founded in 1988 and is affiliated with the All India Council for Technical Education and the University Grants Commission. The university offers high-quality higher education with top-notch facilities. In southern India, PMU is a renowned rural university accredited by the NAAC.
It offers a variety of courses in each primary, graduate, and research class. The Science, Art, Business, and Engineering sections provide a range of courses. Most of the courses require colleges to apply for international and academic exams. However, other courses also allow direct admissions to pages containing standardized tests.
PMU Distance Education Admission Latest Update: February 2024
- As per the UGC guidelines, PMU University does not offer any distance education courses.
- The institution no longer offers ODL courses, however it did offer a distance learning BCom course in the past.
- We’ll let you know as soon as the UGC authorizes this university’s distance learning programme.
Periyar Maniammai University Headlines
Periyar Maniammai institute of science & technology
|Online and Offline
|Merit & Entrance
|Periyar Nagar, Vallam, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India
|Also Known As
PMU Distance Education Admissions?
PMU stands for Periyar Maniammai University and offers many Courses for which admissions will start soon. There are multiple courses of the level UG, PG, and Ph.D., offered by the PMU. UGC approves all the courses under the regular study curriculum of PMU. Besides the entrance exam criteria, it also focuses on the previous qualification of candidates as per the eligibility criteria. Applications for any degree program will be submitted to the university online or offline.
The UG courses offered through 2024 admissions are BSc, BBA, B.Com, BCA, and one integrated degree program of BSc+B.Ed. PMU’s PG courses include MA, MCA, MCom, MBA, and MSc.
PMU Distance Education UG Admission?
For the academic session 2024-25, the University’s admission window was closed. Regular education procedures apply for students who wish to enroll in undergraduate courses at Periyar Maniamai University. There are a wide range of UG courses available in various fields of specialization, such as Architecture, Arts & Science, Management Studies, Education, etc. that a candidate can choose from.
PMU Eligibility Criteria
- The eligibility criteria for UG courses is having a qualified degree in an undergraduate program. The study stream must be similar to the bachelor’s degree you are applying for.
- PG admissions are provided through selection criteria focused on students’ performance in the previous degree. The candidates must gain at least a score of 50% in passing the last graduation exam.
- The application form must be submitted without errors and with an application fee of INR 500.
PMU Courses & Fee
Students can check the list of Eligibility, Fee structures, and Programmes details mentioned below:-
|2 Years B.Com
|Any Bachelor Degree
|B.B.A. ( Accounting and Finance)
|12th pass with 45%
|12th pass with 45%
|B.A. (Home Science)
|M.B.A (Hospital Management)
|M.B.A Disaster Management
|M.B.A Customer Relationship Management
|M.B.A Business Analytics
PMU Distance Education Application Form?
The Application Form for PMU UG and PG is available online. Interested and eligible candidates can apply by reaching out to the university portal. The application fee is INR 500 for the BA, BCOM, MA, and MSC.
Individuals can deposit PMU DDE application fees using banking options such as Debit/Credit card or Net Banking. After submitting an application form, the students must print out/download a receipt for future reference. Candidates can also apply to the Ph.D program by enrolling at the link available on the web page of the university.
PMU Distance Education Admission Procedure?
- Students must register online at the official website to ensure enrollment. i.e. (https://www.pmu.edu/)
- The online application will now be processed once you register your name.
- Upload attested copies of all documents, pictures, and certificates to the online form after filling it.
- Before submitting your application, make sure it is error-free.
- Finally submit the application form along with the application fee.
- Payments are accepted through credit/debit cards or online banking. Fees range from 100 to 200 INR.
- Print out the application form and fee receipt for future reference.
Documents Required for Admission to PMU Distance Education
- Attested Photocopies of certificates duly signed by Gazetted Officers
- Passport Size Photos
- Payment Receipt
- Address Proof
- ID Proof
- Cast Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- DOB Certificate
Some Other Distance Education University
|Annamalai University Distance Education
|Alagappa University Distance Education
|Madras University Distance Education
|Bharathiar University Distance Education
|TNAU Distance Education
Contact Details of PMU
- Address: Periyar Community College of Continuing Education, Near New Bus Stand, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu 613005.
- Contact Number: +91 04362 226244
- Official Website: https://pmu.edu/
Disclaimer: Note: Periyar Maniammai University is not providing admission to any course in distance education mode as per the UGC Instruction. Those who want to get admission can apply in regular programmes for session 2023.
Be the first to leave a review.