MA Sociology Distance Education: MA Sociology distance education is a 2 years postgraduate degree divided into four semesters. Applicants for the upcoming academic session will be able to apply online for the MA sociology distance education program. Most universities have a deadline of 31 March 2023 for admissions. Applications must be submitted by the last date for admission along with all necessary documents. Students with a sociology degree can discover employment prospects in several worldwide job sectors and can work as Social Workers, Civil servants, Lecturers, etc.
- The deadline for submission of the application form for MA Sociology distance education admission at BAOU is 31 March 2023. Click here
- Admission for the session 2023 has been ongoing at Tezpur University, students can apply for distance MA Sociology admission until 31 March 2023. Click here
MA Sociology distance learning includes a thorough examination of society and its associated systems. The distance education MA Sociology curriculum aims to give students a general understanding of social science with an emphasis on social behavior, society, and social interaction possibilities.
It mainly focuses on the topic of Society and other associated systems that demonstrates specialty in a number of areas, including political sociology, sociology of India, sociology of the economy, sociology of religion and society, sociology of development, methods of sociological research, etc.
Admission to the MA Sociology correspondence course is only available to those who satisfy the eligibility criteria.
- The students have a bachelor’s degree in any field of commerce, humanities, or science with a minimum 40% aggregate score.
- The distance learning MA in Sociology has no age limits.
The average fee of a distance MA Sociology programme varies between INR 10,000 to INR 35,000/- per annum depending on the various colleges or universities and their norms and conditions.
MA Sociology Distance Education Admission Highlights
Master of Arts in Sociology
INR 10,000 to INR 35,000
Bachelor’s in any stream
|Program Level||Post Graduation|
40% in bachelor’s
Social Worker, Civil Servant, Lecturer, etc.
INR 4.3 LPA – INR 5.9 LPA
Madras University, TNOU, IGNOU, NOU, etc.
MA Sociology Distance Education Admission 2023
Several universities/institutions start accepting admission applications for the academic session 2023-24 such as Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANUCDE), Krishnakanta Handiqui State Open University (KKHSOU), Tezpur University, BAOU, IGNOU, TNOU, and more. The last date to apply for admission is different for each university, therefore students must check the deadline for the university by visiting its official portal or they can check the latest notification section above on this page.
MA Sociology Distance Learning Admission Process
The admission process of distance education MA Sociology starts with the registration of the students.
- Candidates must first get the application form using an online portal or an offline network.
- Visit the university’s official admissions website to apply for the programme and sign up.
- After that, complete the application by entering the necessary information.
- Pay online academic application fee.
- After submitting students will receive a confirmation page with enrollment no.
MA Sociology Distance Education Syllabus
1st Year Syllabus Details
|1||SOCIOLOGICAL TRADITION||1ST YEAR|
|2||SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY||1ST YEAR|
|3||THE ELEMENTARY STRUCTURES OF KINSHIP||1ST YEAR|
|4||THE SOCIOLOGY OF RELIGION||1ST YEAR|
|5||FROM MAX WEBER: ESSAYS IN SOCIOLOGY||1ST YEAR|
2nd Year Syllabus Details
|1||RATIONALITY AND IRRATIONALITY IN ECONOMICS||2ND YEAR|
|2||METHOD IN SOCIAL SCIENCE||2ND YEAR|
|3||ESSAYS IN SOCIOLOGICAL THEORY||2ND YEAR|
|4||INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY OF DEVELOPMENT||2ND YEAR|
|5||ELEMENTS OF SEMIOLOGY||2ND YEAR|
Advantages of MA Sociology Distance Learning
- Opportunity to learn at one’s pace
- Freedom to replay or reread
- Amount of time to be spent
- Flexibility to use time
- Access to learning
Distance Education MA Sociology Scope
- Educational Scope of MA Sociology Distance Education
A wide variety of job opportunities are available to students with a distance education MA Sociology degree. Even after completing the course, students can continue their higher studies. The path that is most frequently taken in this programme is to acquire a doctorate degree in one of the several specialities covered by the course module.
- PhD Sociology
- Job Areas For MA Sociology Distance Education
Graduate students of MA Sociology in distance mode can find jobs in both the public and private sectors in India, based on their interests, abilities, and preferred field of employment.
- Research Organization
Top Universities For MA in Sociology Distance Education
- Dr.B.R.Ambedkar open University
- chandigarh University
- Karnataka State Open University
- Delhi University(DU)
- Jaipur National University
- Mahatma gandhi University
- University of Mumbai
- Netaji Subhas Open University
- Amity University
Be the first to leave a review.