MA Mathematics Distance Education: Master of Arts in Mathematics is a PG program with two years or four-semester duration. The dissemination of detailed information about mathematics is a major focus of this MA distance learning program. Advanced mathematics is taught to students with an emphasis on its use in research activities. Many students who are unable to enroll in campus-based or full-time courses have been aided by this MA Mathematics Distance Education program to achieve their educational goals.
When applying mathematics in the real world, there are two primary components that are taught in the MA mathematics distance education syllabus. The first is numerical analysis, which is mostly utilized in research, and the second is mathematical modeling, which is primarily applied in the business world.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is currently open for the Master of Arts course for session 2023, and the last date to apply is 20 October 2023 in distance education mode.
- Amity University has started the admission for the MA mathematics program in distance education mode, Apply before the last date. Click Here
- LPU has commenced the MA mathematics distance education admission for the 2023 academic session. Apply Now
Eligibility Criteria for MA Mathematics Distance Education
MA in Mathematics provides the facility of flexible timing, that’s why it is selected by most of the students. Before applying for this MA distance program, each applicant must know its eligibility criteria which are:
- Aspirants of this MA distance program must have a UG degree in Mathematics or any related stream (i.e. BA in Mathematics, BSc in Mathematics, etc.)
- There is no entrance exam for getting admission to MA Mathematics distance program.
- Each aspirant of this MA Mathematics Distance Education program must have min 40% mark in the UG degree.
MA Mathematics Distance Education Fee Structure
Being a distance course, this MA program in Mathematics charges less expense as well as academic cost. The tuition fee for this program at various colleges in India starts from INR 11,000 to INR 45,000 per year.
MA Mathematics Distance Education Highlights
|Duration||2 to 4 years|
INR 11,000 to INR 45,000 per year.
|Admission Process||Online & Offline|
More Distance Courses
MA Mathematics Distance Education Admission Process 2023
Currently, admission for the MA in Mathematics through distance education is going on for the academic calendar 2023-24 in various universities and institutions. Those individuals who are interested in enrolling for the course can do so by going to the university’s respected web portal.
Applicants for MA Mathematical Distance Education courses have the option of applying in both modes. In India, there are a number of distance education universities where students can apply both online and offline. MA Mathematics Distance Education program generally follows the following admissions procedure for those who wish to apply for admission:
- Open the browser and search for your selected institute website.
- Open the website and go to the online admission portal.
- Click on new registration and get a registration id.
- Login with that id, select PG distance education and select MA Mathematics.
- Fill out the required details in the MA Mathematics admission form along with scan copies of your educational docs.
- Pay the online application fee on account of the selected institute and submit your application form.
MA Mathematics Distance Education Syllabus
1st Year Syllabus Details
|1||ADVANCED ABSTRACT ALGEBRA||1ST YEAR|
|2||REAL ANALYSIS AND TOPOLOGY||1ST YEAR|
|3||DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS||1ST YEAR|
|4||DIFFERENTIAL GEOMETRY||1ST YEAR|
2nd Year Syllabus Details
|1||NUMERICAL ANALYSIS AND OPTIMIZATION||2ND YEAR|
|2||COMPLEX ANALYSIS, MEASURE AND INTEGRATION||2ND YEAR|
|3||APPLIED OPERATIONS RESEARCH & STATISTICS||2ND YEAR|
|4||DISCRETE MATHEMATICS||2ND YEAR|
|5||PRACTICAL II||2ND YEAR|
Advantages of MA Mathematics Distance learning
- While earning money, working students can learn MA mathematics.
- Students in this MA course don’t have to commute to and from their classes, saving them money and time.
- The MA Mathematics Distance Education program allows for the convenience of home study for its students.
MA Correspondance Distance Education Application Form 2023
Application form for correspondence MA course admission 2023 has been released in various universities and institutions for session 202324 ant that is offered this course in distance learning mode. Aspirants need to visit their desired university to fill out the application form for admission to the academic session 2023-24 before the deadline.
MA in Mathematics Distance Learning in India
In India, mathematics is one of the most favorite subjects of students. Therefore several universities offer mathematics courses in different regions of India such as IGNOU, TNOU, VMOU, Uttarakhand Open University, etc under open and distance learning modes including MA Mathematics distance education. Universities that offer Master of Arts in Mathematics are located all over India such as Delhi, Tamilnadu, Kerala, etc.
Delhi University Distance MA Mathematics Admission
Numerous students of Delhi and NCR apply for admission every year to the distance MA Mathematics program. Candidates looking for admission to this distance masters program, candidates must pass graduation in mathematics or equivalent with at least 50% marks from a recognized university in India. DU charges INR 1000- INR 1500 for the admission fee while the course fee is INR 5140.
Distance MA Mathematics Scope
There are a variety of opportunities available for MA Mathematics distance degree holders in both the public and private sectors. Candidates have so many career options in terms of jobs for MA Mathematics, Students can work as Economists, Mathematicians, Loan Officers, Researcher, Statistician, etc.
A student who wants to continue their education after completing MA Mathematics distance program can do further study in:
- M.Phil. Mathematics
- Ph.D. in Mathematics.
Recruitment Area For MA Mathematics Distance Education Course
A graduate in mathematics with a master’s degree has access to employment opportunities across the economy. Some popular job sectors for such professionals are:
- Educational Institutes
- Banks and Financial Firms
- Research and Development
- Various Government and Private departments
Top 10 Universities For Distance MA Mathematics
- Punjab University
- University of Mysore
- Calcutta University
- Amity University
- SRM University
- Madras University
- KL University
- Chandigarh University
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1: Is MA from distance valid?
Ans: Yes! As it is approved by the AICTE and the UGC-DEB, the MA program can be completed by correspondence or distance learning as well.
Question 2: Is Ma in Mathematics possible?
Ans: Yes! There is a basic eligibility requirement, which is a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, to qualify for admission into any college offering a Master’s in Mathematics program
Question 3: What is the difference between regular ma and distance ma?
Ans: A distance MA, as per UGC norms, is the equivalent of a regular MA if the university is affiliated with the AICTE, UGC-DEB, or both. After pursuing a distance education program, candidates not need to attend daily classes.
Be the first to leave a review.