MA Geography Distance Education: A 2-year postgraduate distance programme called MA Geography deals with the Earth Science, including their physical, economic, and regional, elements through a more in-depth academic exploration. The distance MA Geography learning programme has several job opportunities where students can perform the role of an agricultural specialist, a forest manager, a cartographer, a geographer, a demographer, a professor, and a school teacher.
The highly sought-after programme MA Geography from distance education deals with the human and physical aspects of geography. A demanding course load is required for a distance master’s degree in geography, with a focus on research and fieldwork. It studies things like the physical environment, natural resource management, disaster management, ecology, climatology, planning, etc. to cover the subject matter thoroughly and scientifically.
- Venkateshwara Open University will soon start admission for the Distance MA Geography program for the new session.
- MA Geography Distance admission will start soon at Nalanada Open University for the 2023 session.
- Subharti University MA Geography, 2023 session admission will start soon.
For those interested in pursuing a MA geography distance education, the following requirements must be satisfied:
- Students must hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, preferably in geography, from an accredited university or institution, or have geography as a required subject in their undergraduate programme.
- Students must have finished their bachelor’s degree with minimum of 40% marks.
Distance MA Geography is a two-year postgraduate learning programme that is divided into four semesters. The fee of the MA Geography distance education ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 50,000/- per annum depending upon various colleges or universities.
MA Geography Distance Education Admission Highlights
Master of Arts in Geography
|Duration||2 to 4 years|
Graduation in a relevant disicpline
40% in graduation
INR 10,000 to INR 50,000/-
Agricultural Specialist, Forest Manager, Cartographer, Geographer, Demographer, Professor, etc.
INR 4.5 LPA to INR 7 LPA
Nalanda Open University
MA Geography Distance Learning Admission Procedure
The only factor affecting the MA Geography through distance education students’ admission is their ability to satisfy the eligibility requirements, which vary depending on the college or university. The admission process is mentioned here:
- Students may register for the course online through the university’s official website.
- Students can apply for the course and submit the necessary documents online through the college or university’s official portal.
- To submit an offline application form, students can go to the college or university’s location.
- Students may pay their academic fees online after submitting their application form.
- A confirmation page with the enrolment number will be sent to the students.
MA Geography Distance Education Syllabus
Below is given the year wise Syllabus Details of Distance MA Geography Program
1st Year Syllabus
|S.NO||SUBJECT(S) / PAPER(S)||YEAR / SEM|
|1||EVOLUTION OF GEOGRAPHIC THOUGHT||1ST YEAR|
|2||PHYSICAL BASIC OF GEOGRAPHY||1ST YEAR|
|3||MAN & NATURAL ENVIRONMENT||1ST YEAR|
|4||PRINCIPLES AND THEORY OF ECONOMICS GEOGRAPHY||1ST YEAR|
2nd Year Syllabus
SUBJECT(S) / PAPER(S)
YEAR / SEM
|1||URBAN GEOGRAPHY||2ND YEAR|
|2||GEOGRAPHY OF TRANSPORT SYSTEMS||2ND YEAR|
|3||GEOGRAPHY OF RESOURCES||2ND YEAR|
|4||MAN AND BIOSPHERE||2ND YEAR|
MA Geography Through Distance Education Benefits
- It helps students to develop their analytical Skills
- Its Flexible and saves time
- It allows students to hone their time management skills
- It offers more networking opportunities
- It eliminates the commute and hassle of getting to class
MA Geography Correspondence Scope
- Educational Scope of MA Geography Correspondence
A correspondence degree of MA in Geography provides a variety of professional choices as a higher education. Even after passing the course, students can continue their higher studies. The PhD level degree, which students can achieve in the several specialties included in the course module, is the route that is most frequently taken in this area.
Some Higher education options are available for students after MA Geography in distance education:
- PhD in Geography
- PhD in Cartography
- MA Geography From Distance Education Hiring Areas
Graduate students of the distance MA in Geography can find job opportunities in both the public and private sectors in India, based on their interests, abilities, and preferred field of employment. Some recruitment areas are given below:
- Resource Development Industry
- Forest Service
- Research Organizations
- Academic Institution
- Agricultural Research Agencies
- Public and Private sectors
- Mining Industry
MA Geography Distance Education Universities
- Nalanda Open University
- Jaipur National University
- Mahatma Gandhi University
- Netaji Subhas Open University
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar open University
- Chandigarh University
- Amity University
- Karnataka State Open University
- Delhi University(DU)
- University of Mumbai
Be the first to leave a review.