Kannur University Distance Education Admission?: According to UGC notification, Kannur University does not provide Courses through distance learning. Kannur University will soon start admission for the regular academic session 2023-24 for the various UG and PG courses. It was founded on 2 March 1996 and is situated in Thavakkara, Kerala.
Kannur University offers various programmes at UG, PG, and Engineering programs in various specializations such as BBA, BCA, MCOM, MBA, MSC, BSC, and numerous others in regular mode. Kannur University does not offer BBA and MBA correspondence courses in distance education mode. The 3-year BBA programme requires 45% to qualify. SC/ST/OEC/OBC candidates receive mark reduction. MBA programmes take two years and need a relevant bachelor’s degree with at least 50% aggregate marks. Admission requires eligibility verification, document submission, and a final review for extending the offer.
- There are a lot of different programs offered at Kannur University’s School of Regular Education, like MA and MSc. They also have a BA, BCom, MBA, and a few other courses.
- Aspirants for a UG course must have done 10+2 at a well-known university.
- Admission to undergraduate programs is based on previous academic performance, and also the decision is taken based on the number of available seats.
- Those who are provisionally approved must fill out the necessary paperwork to ensure seats.
- Kannur University’s School of Open Learning offers UG BA, BCom, and BSc degrees.
- Students who want to take PG courses must have a valid graduate degree.
Note: Kannur University does not offer distance learning programs, according to UGC notification. This page’s main purpose is to deliver information.
Is distance education available at Kannur University? No, Distance Education Bureau and UGC do not approve distance education courses at Kannur University. The university is offering various UG and PG courses in regular mode only. One can apply for admission to courses in regular mode only.
- BBA Program
- Duration: 3 years
- Eligibility: 45% minimum marks for non-commerce students
- Relaxation for SC/ST/OEC and OBC candidates
- MBA Program
- Duration: 2 years
- Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks
- Admission Process
- Verification of eligibility criteria
- Document submission
- Final assessment for admission offer
Kannur University Highlights
|University Name||Kannur University|
|Offered Courses||BA, BCom, BBA, MA|
|Fee||Kannur University Fee Structure|
Kannur University Distance Education Admission?
Kannur University has no approval to offer distance learning courses admission. Kannur University’s School of Education will soon start admission for the regular courses. This university has a completely digitalized system that makes it easy for students to learn without experiencing any difficulties. Regular education is not provided for a single course but for multiple courses. The courses are open to candidates who have completed their last degree in a related field of study.
- The degree courses that are learned by students in online mode at the UG level are B.Com, BSc, BA, BCA, and BBA. Also, the candidates who aspire for PG admissions have the option to apply for MSc, MA, M.Com, and MBA.
- The minimum qualifying criteria to be enrolled in UG programs is dependent on 10+2 level education. The University does not demand any entrance exam score and it just requires a minimum average qualifying score of 50%.
- Each aspirant who applies to PG admissions will have to pass a necessary qualification of graduation from an esteemed University and secure a 50% score on the minimum demanded.
- The application fee is to be necessarily paid in the University account to get the application forms and prospectus.
Kannur University UG Admission
Kanpur University is offering UG courses through distance mode. Apart from that, students can get admission to regular UG programs. Some of the undergraduate courses are mentioned below:
Kannur University BA Admission
Bachelor of Arts is an Undergraduate three-year duration program. Kannur University will soon start accepting application forms for the regular-mode BA program. Candidates who have passed 10+2 exams from any recognized board in India or who hold an HSC certificate from the Kerala Education Board for admission to its undergraduate programs.
The university offered this course in many different specializations, such as English, History, Economics, Malayalam, Political Science, and Afzal-Ul-Ulama. The first-year fee for the BA program is Rs 2,150, which is the price for the first year of the program.
Kannur University BCom Admission
Bachelor of Commerce is offered by Kannur University in Co-operation specialization. The course fees for BCom (Co-operation) course are Rs 2,150. The course duration is three years, and it is further divided into six semesters. The university is offering this course at the undergraduate level. Admission for regular mode programs will soon start. The application form will be soon available on the official website.
Kannur University BBA Admission
Bachelor of Business Administration is being offered by Kannur University. The course contains 120 credit points, and the duration of the course is three years. To be eligible for admission to the BBA course, a student should have a 12th-class passing certificate from any recognized board. A minimum of 50 percent marks are also required.
Kannur University PG Admission
Registration for PG regular courses will start soon for the next 2023 session. Kannur University used to offer multiple PG programs through its School of Distance Education. The following PG courses were offered by the university
- MA: MA is provided in English, History, Economics, Political Science, Malayalam, and Arabic. The minimum entry requirement was a bachelor’s degree.
- MCom: Those who had passed BCom could apply for the program.
- MBA: Any graduate with 50% marks in any stream could apply.
- MSc: One had to be passed BSc in a relevant discipline.
Kannur University MA Admission
Master of Arts is offered by the Kannur University in many specializations like English, History, Economics & Arabic. Students who want to pursue an MA course have to pay the course fee of INR 4,825. The application form can be found on the official website of Kannur University.
Kannur University Application Process
Kannur University offers an application form for students in online and offline modes. The candidates can follow these steps to submit their application form online.
- Go to the official website of Kannur University website – https://kannuruniversity.ac.in/instruction_reg.php.
- Apply by clicking on the apply online.
- Create a username and password by Email ID or phone number.
- After logging in fill in all the essential information required.
- Upload all documents.
- Application fee paid by Credit/Debit card or Net Banking.
- Check the preview of your application form.
- Save and Print the Application Form.
- Visit the Kannur University office.
- Buy the University Prospectus.
- The Prospectus has an Application Form attached to it.
- Read the instructions given and fill in the required information.
- Make the Demand Draft.
- Send that Application Form to the Center with documents.
- 10+2 marks sheet
- Certificates or higher degree
- Transfer Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Recent Photos
- Date of Birth Proof
- ID proof
- Receipt of Application fee payment
Kannur University Study Centres
- Govt. College, Mananthavady,
- Govt. Brennen College, Thalassery
- Mahatma Gandhi College, Iritty,
- Sree Narayana College, Kannur,
- St. Joseph’s College, Pilathara,
- Nehru Arts and Science College, Kanhangad
- Govinda Pai Memorial Govt. College, Manjeswaram
- St. Pius X College, Rajapuram.
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Statistical Sciences
- Department of Mass Communication & Journalism
- Department of Teacher Education, Dharmasala
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Geography
- Department of Environmental Science
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Molecular Biology
- Department of Zoology
Kannur University Courses & Fee
|1||BA||INR. 1,750/- (1st Year Fees)||3 Years|
|2||BSc||INR. 1,750/- (1st Year Fees)||3 Years|
|3||BCom||INR. 1,750/- (1st Year Fees)||3 YEARS|
|4||BBA||INR. 4,900/- (1st Year Fees)||3 Years|
|5||MSc||INR. 3,950/- (1st Year Fees)||2 Years|
|6||MCom||INR. 3,950/- (1st Year Fees)||2 Years|
|7||MBA||INR. 15,000/- (1st Year Fees)||2 Years|
Kannur University Affiliated Colleges List
|Government College of Engineering, Kannur||Mangattuparamba, Kerala||1986||Government|
|Government Engineering College, Wayanad||Tindummal, Kerala||1999||Government|
|LBS College of Engineering, Kasargod||Bovikanam, Kerala||1993||Government|
|Sree Narayana Guru College of Engineering and Technology, Kannur||Alaska, Kerala||2003||Private|
|Pariyaram Dental College, Kannur||Pariyaram, Kerala||2004||Private|
|Kannur Dental College, Anjarakandy||Anjarakandy, Kerala||2006||Private|
|PN Panicker Souhruda Ayurveda Medical College, Kasaragod||Bellur, Kerala||2008||Private|
|Institute of Technology Mayyil, Kannur||Pavannur Motta, Kerala||2002||Private|
Kannur University Distance Education Result?
Results are announced on the university’s website once they are available. University students can easily access their results through the university’s official website. Results can only be accessed online. Those who failed or were unsatisfied with their marks may request re-evaluations. The results of the re-evaluation will also be posted on the website. Following are the steps used to check the re-evaluation results.
- To visit Kannur University SDE’s official website, go to www.kannuruniversity.ac.in.
- On the homepage, click the Examination tab.
- Under the Student’s Corner, select ‘Exam Result.’
- Click on the program to access the course.
- Fill out your registration number and date of birth.
- Download and save the scorecard for future use.
Some Other Distance Education University
- Address: Thavakkara, Civil Station P.O, Kannur, Kerala, India
- Contact No.: 0497-2715330
- Fax: 0497-2711460
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source: https://www.kannuruniversity.ac.in/en/academics/syllabus/
Q: Is distance education available in Kannur University?
Ans: As per UGC guidelines, Kunnur University is not offering any distance education at present. Students looking for admission can apply for regular courses only.
Q: Where is Kunnur University located?
Be the first to leave a review.