Burdwan University Distance Education Admission 2023: For the new academic year, Burdwan University will soon start taking applications for distance education courses. Applicants must have gotten at least a 50% on an earlier test from a recognized board or university to be qualified for UG and PG courses at any recognized university. Those who want to apply and are qualified for entry can do so with the necessary papers and fees before the deadline.
Burdwan University is a state university in Bardhaman. It was founded in 1960. In 1994, the university set up the Centre for Distance and Online Education to help people learn from afar. The university has courses in science, business, the arts, and law.
People who want to get into MBA programs or other programs must pass the CAT, CMAT, XAT, or MAT entrance exams. After passing the entrance test, applicants who have been shortlisted can participate in group talks and interviews.
Burdwan University Distance Education Fee: The entry fee for MBA and B.Ed programs is INR 500/- and for the rest of the PG programs, it is INR 200/-. Applicants would take more information related to the admission procedure of the University of Burdwan by continuing with the article below.
Burdwan University Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||Burdwan University (Directorate of Distance Education)|
|Location||Burdwan, West Bengal|
|Admission Page||Burdwan University Admission|
Burdwan University Distance Education Admission 2023
Burdwan University offers admission into various courses through the Directorate of Distance Education. Its admissions are commenced yearly for multiple degree programs taught in distance mode. Both the UG and PG levels of education are followed here. Most of the courses offered by the University are provided via merit-based admissions; however, few are entrance exam-dependent.
After the selection of students, there is no interview round. There is a duration of 3 years and 2 years for the UG and PG courses, respectively. Different streams are also provided under distance learning. Every student needed to visit the main webpage of the University to submit online applications.
- Students can be enrolled in courses like B.Ed under the UG category. Also, the registrations under the PG category are for courses like MA, MSc (Computer Science), and MBA. The MA distance courses are offered in around 8 disciplines.
- A candidate having 50% average marks in the last exam qualified at the level of intermediate is eligible for UG admissions.
- For admissions, eligibility is to have a percentage of 50 to 55 by having a UG degree.
- An application fee of INR 200 will be paid to complete the registration process.
Students who do not take the entrance, as mentioned earlier, must write the university entrance examination. The final process for MBA program selection includes a group discussion process and a personal interview round. The other PG courses are merit-based, and students are offered admission based on the previous examination or graduation aggregate.
A UG degree with either Hons or relevant streams with 40% marks would be enough for admission to the above master’s degree. Someone with 10+2+3 and qualifying for the MAT/CMAT/CAT/XAT or other management aptitude score would make you eligible for MBA admission.
Burdwan University Distance Education: BEd
The university is offering only one UG course called Bachelor of Education or BEd in ODL mode. The duration of the courses is 2 years. The fee for the course is Rs. 25000 per year. A registration fee of Rs. 200 is also required. Here are the eligibility criteria required for admission to the BEd course at Burdwan University.
(i) Students should have trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
(ii) Candidates are eligible who have completed an NCTE-recognized Teacher Education program through face-to-face mode.
Burdwan University DDE PG Admission
A distance and online learning center at the University of Burdwan will soon begin accepting applications online. In the 2023-24 session, the aspirants will take PG, BEd, and MBA courses. Admissions to MA, MSc, BEd, and MBA will remain open.
Several PG courses are offered by the BUDDE after graduation. Below is a brief overview of some of the University’s PG courses.
- Master of Science (MA) is a master’s degree in arts for which one needs to have a BA degree with passing marks equal to 50% average. It will be offered with a fee structure of INR 6000/-.
- Master of Science (MSc), about 2 years, is necessary to accomplish this course after completing a BSc degree. The previous degree qualifying marks of applicants must be 50% or more of it. The cost of tuition is INR 10000/-.
Burdwan University Distance Education MA
The MA online education program at Burdwan University lasts two years and consists of four semesters. Numerous specializations are offered. It offers online master’s degrees in history, philosophy, Bengali, English, and Sanskrit. A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required for entrance to the distance learning MA program. The cost of the distance-learning MA program is roughly INR 6,000.
Burdwan University Distance Education Application Form 2023
Burdwan University offers distance courses like MA, MSc, MBA & BEd. The University provides MA specializations such as Bengali, History, English, Political Science & Philosophy. The registration fee is Rs 500/- for all the offered distance courses.
Burdwan University Distance Education Online Process
The university provides the process of Application through online mode. Candidate must have followed the steps which are given below:
- Interested students, kindly visit the official website of this Burdwan University Distance Education.
- The candidate has to log in with the mobile number.
- Students can Log in with an ID and Password.
- After login, fills in all the required and correct details in the application form.
- Apart from that, I attached all the necessary documents along with the application form.
- After completing the application form, students must take the printout of the Bank Challan for online registration.
- After paying payment of the requisite fee of INR 500/-.
- The entry fee is paid online through the SBI online gateway. The entry fee is not refundable and not under any consideration, and the application form that does not have proof of payment will not be considered.
- Login again with your ID and fill in the payment details within 4 days.
Document Required for Burdwan University Distance Education
- Application Form
- Bank Challan – University & Student Copy. Admit Card of SF or equivalent examination. Marksheet of SF, HS, or equivalent examination and mark sheet of UG examination.
- Marksheet of PG examination
- BU Registration Certificate (applicable for BU students). Caste certificate /PWD certificate.
- Aadhaar Card (as the case may be)
Burdwan University Distance Education Courses & Fee
|MA||5,700||inclusive of all BU students who will be admitted to DDE|
|5,900||inclusive of all other University students who will be admitted to DDE|
|6,200||inclusive of all BU students who will be admitted to Study Centre|
|6,400||inclusive all other University students who will be admitted to the Study Centre|
|MA/M.Sc in Computer Science||8,200||inclusive of all BU students who will be admitted to Study Centre|
|8,400||inclusive all other University students who will be admitted to the Study Centre|
|M.Sc in Computer Science||11,200||inclusive of all BU students who will be admitted to DDE|
|11,400||inclusive of all other University students who will be admitted to DDE|
|11,700||inclusive of all BU students who will be admitted to Study Centre|
|11,900||Inclusive all other University students who will be admitted to the Study Centre|
Burdwan University Distance Education Affiliated Colleges
|University Institute of Technology, The Burdwan University Distance Education, Burdwan||Burdwan, West Bengal||1999||Government|
|Durgapur Institute of Legal Studies, Durgapur||Durgapur, West Bengal||2006||Private|
|Durgapur Government College, Durgapur||Durgapur, West Bengal||1970||Government|
|Tarakeswar Degree College, Hooghly||Tarkeshwar, West Bengal||1986||Government|
|Khandra College, Burdwan||Khandra, West Bengal||1981||Government|
|Kabi Sukanta Mahavidyalaya, Hooghly||Hooghly, West Bengal||1986||Government|
|Hooghly Mohsin College, Chinsurah||Hooghly, West Bengal||1857||Government|
|Chandannagar Institute of Management and Technology, Chinsurah||Hooghly, West Bengal||–||Private|
Burdwan University Distance Education Study Centres
|Bankura Zilla Saradamoni Mahila Mahavidyapith||Burdwan University|
|Shyama Prasad College||Gangarampur College|
|ABN Seal College||Malda College|
|Ananda Chandra College||Rampurhat College|
|Suri Vidyasagar College||Tarakeswar Degree College|
Burdwan University Distance Education Prospectus
The university will soon upload the prospectus for the academic year 2023-24. The prospectus will contain all information regarding admission dates, courses, and fees. Apart from it, The university will also deliver information about the university like departments, faculty, infrastructure, facilities, etc.
Burdwan University Distance Education Contact Details
- Address: Rajbati, Bardhaman – 713104, West Bengal, India
- Contact No: +91 342 263 4975
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source: Official Website
Some Other Distance Education University
- University of North Bengal Distance Education
- Kalyani University Distance Education
- Jadavpur University Distance Education
- Vidyasagar University Distance Education
- Rabindra Bharati University Distance Education
Note: Dates are Tentative and are subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more admission information.
Q: Does Burdwan University offers distance education?
Ans: As per UGC guidelines, Burdwan University offers numerous programs in distance mode.
Q: Where is Burdwan University situated?
Ans: Burdwan University is situated in Burdwan, West Bengal.
Be the first to leave a review.