BA Sociology Distance Education: The 3-year distance bachelor’s degree in sociology (BA Sociology) deals with social interactions, sociological theories, stratifications, cultures, and relationships. Students who are interested in working with social issues and giving back to society might pursue the distance BA Sociology programme.
The study of these interconnected social structures is a component of sociology, which examines them in relation to diverse social, economic, political, and personal issues. The goal of BA sociology distance education is to develop ideas, methodologies, and linkages between various factors that interact with one another and get a knowledge of how they are working.
The distance BA sociology primary subjects are applied sociology, comparative sociology, community development, collective behavior, cultural sociology, crime and delinquency, and demography. The programme mainly focuses on providing a systematic introduction to sociology and its concepts.
- IGNOU BA sociology Distance admission is going on and the last date to apply is 31 Jan 2023. (Click Here)
- AMITY University will soon start the Distance admission for the BA sociology program.
- Kurukshetra University Distance BA sociology admission will start soon.
The essential eligibility criteria BA in Sociology distance education are:
- In order to be eligible for the distance BA in Sociology course in India, students must have successfully completed their 10+2 higher education requirements from a recognised board.
- Students should have at least 40% overall in Higher secondary education.
The fee of a distance BA in sociology varies between INR 7,000 to INR 40,000/- per annum. The fee of a distance BA in Sociology course may change based on the amenities and facilities offered at the institution or university and the quality of education offered.
BA Sociology Distance Education Admission Highlights
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
12th in any stream
|Duration||3 to 6 years|
|Course level||UG level|
INR 7,000 to INR 40,000/-
|Marks required||40% marks|
IGNOU, TNOU, Nalanda Open University,
Civil Servant, Social Worker, Copy writer, Journalist, etc.
INR 3.5 LPA – INR 5.5 LPA
BA Sociology Distance Learning Admission Process
The application procedure for the distance BA Sociology programme in India can be completed online or on-site at the campus. The following instructions should be followed to apply online:
- The students must satisfy the qualifying requirements, which are based on minimum score from their secondary and higher secondary education.
- Students who are interested in pursuing BA in sociology through distance mode can apply online through the college or university official website.
- Fill the application form with required documents.
- After submitting the college or university application form, students must pay an academic fee through online mode.
- Students will get the confirmation mail with enrollment number.
BA Sociology Syllabus
1st year Syllabus Details
|S.NO||SUBJECT(S) / PAPER(S)||YEAR|
|1||Communication Skills For Graduates||1ST YEAR|
|2||Society in India||1ST YEAR|
|3||Introduction to Sociology||1ST YEAR|
|4||COMPUTER APPLICATION in Business for Graduates||1ST YEAR|
|5||ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION for Graduates||1ST YEAR|
2nd Year Syllabus Details
SUBJECT(S) / PAPER(S)
|2||Sociological Theories||2ND YEAR|
|3||Methods of Sociological Enquiry||2ND YEAR|
|4||Techniques of Social Research||2ND YEAR|
|5||Sociology of Environment||2ND YEAR|
3rd Year Syllabus Details
SUBJECT(S) / PAPER(S)
|2||Theory and Practice of Development||3RD YEAR|
|3||Marriage and Family||3RD YEAR|
|4||Gender and Sexuality||3RD YEAR|
|5||Polity and Society in India||3RD YEAR|
Distance Education BA Sociology Advantages
- Greater Flexibility
- Individual approach of students
- Significant Cost Savings
- Convenient Learning
- Ability to work at a consistent pace
BA Sociology Distance Learning Scope
- Educational Scope of Distance BA in Sociology
Students can pursue several academic options after completing a distance learning BA in sociology. Some of the higher education programmes pursued after BA Sociology distance education-
- MA in Extensive Education and Social Work
- Doctor of Philosophy in Sociology
- Recruitment Areas For Distance BA in Sociology
Graduates with a distance BA in Sociology are in high demand across all employment sectors, including HRM, NGOs, rehab centers, education, welfare, clinics, old age homes, community health care centers, hospitals, private enterprises, and many more.
For the distance BA in Sociology course, some areas of recruitment are:
- Government Agencies
- The ministry of statistics
- Indian Defence Services
Top Universities For BA Sociology Distance Course
- Loyola College
- Christ University
- St. Xavier’s College
- Amity University
- Fergusson College
- Kristu Jayanta College
- Mount Carmel College
- K J Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce
Be the first to leave a review.